Wayspot rejected with no logical reason

Hi!

Recently I submitted requests for many new Wayspots and in a couple of days many of them were reviewed and all rejected with strange and illogical reasons.

For example:

This one has been rejected because the real-world location of the nomination cannot be confirmed.

But this is what I see with google street view:

And yes, there is safe access to the place: a pathway that is also visible in the street view photo and that I submitted during the proposal:

I don't understand the reason of the rejection, any advice?

I personally think that there is something wrong because I received in a really brief time a great number of rejections with no apparently logical reasons. honestly, i'm wondering whether to keep making nominations or not

Comments

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

The candidate is marginal. The sign isn't the worst ive seen but its not exactly screaming artistic flavour look at me.

The main issue would be pedestrian access.

Whilst i believe you there is a path there, the SV makes it looks like a rough unofficial path, and the support picture doesnt show the POI with a path.

Id go so far as to say the support picture doesn't even look like its in the same area, as there's no sign of the road or the POI.

So reviewers would see SV, see the support picture and think someone was trying to pull a fast one and reject it.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Town or city welcome or name signs are not eligible unless they have some historical or cultural significance.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

You’ve not shown us the pin location, and that’s the first thing I wanted to see when I read the rejection reason, so make sure your pin is in the right spot. (Related: sometimes street view is off from satellite view, so it’s possible your reviewers didn’t see the sign)

The feedback that your supporting picture looks like it’s a different place from your primary is exactly on.