0QuietKid-PGO0QuietKid-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Nomination Improvement

I am hereby appealing the rejection made by Niantic reviewers

Title of waypoint: Lake Garden Unnayan Samiti community centre

City: Kolkata

Screenshot of rejection e-mail:

Screenshot of the details of rejected nomination:

Here is the image of the waypoint:

Additional information: This place is a community centre created back in 2010 for the sole purpose of increasing social interaction among locations and for that locals play indoor games such as chess,carrom e.t.c here . Therefore it is public property and clearly a permanent location.

The image of the waypoint shows the website of the place: www.lkgrdn.weebly.com which provides information about the community centre,also called club by the locals.

The address of the place is also written on the building: 30/1 Nabin Chandra Das Road Kol-700090( The kol-700090 is the then pin code of the place, now by the new laws places got their pin code changed and google and other government offices use kol-700108 hence written in description of the waypoint)

Finally,the name of the community centre is also written on the building which is written in the title of the waypoint : 'Lake Garden Unnayan Samiti community centre'

Literal meaning of 'samiti' is community of people'.

The place surely can't be seen from the satelite because of trees of the park outside used to play outdoor games such as badminton. But the satelite view shows there is curvature of road,here is the image that shows curvature of road:

Apologies for the poor photo quality,my camera is broken and is unable to capture exposure and there is lack of sunlight (it is evening)

Google itself does not show it's entry on the map but I have added it on the maps about the local community centre which should be added soon on the maps.

Please re-review this nomination

Post edited by NianticGiffard on
Tagged:

Comments

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ngl, obviously I can't speak the language, but that doesn't look like a community center, and if it is, it doesn't look well looked after or even used, so thats proba why they failed it

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

Appeals aren’t a thing yet. You have to resubmit in the meantime.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's still rejected by Niantic internal reviewers, therefore it can be appealed at this time.

Although that nomination doesn't look eligible enough.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ LOL

These forums gets thread after thread of “reviewers don’t read” and and conspiracy theories of rejection cabals and rejection bots, and here we have evidence of a reviewer - a Niantic reviewer, no less - actually doing their due diligence and the first response is ‘did they do it really, though?’

Niantic doesn’t want to share with Google. Wayspot images have to be unique. If you upload it to Google, the image is no longer eligible, no matter who took it.

• feliscybernicus-PGOfeliscybernicus-PGO Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

@NianticTintino @NianticGiffard can you please re-evaluate this nomination?

• willowitaly-INGwillowitaly-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

Respected members of the wayfarer community helped @0QuietKid-PGO formate this nomination in the Wayfarer discord. They clearly demonstrated that this is a social club that people go to to be social. It’s really clear that they took that photo themselves, and I see no reason this nomination should have been rejected, personally.

• Theisman-INGTheisman-ING Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

How it's it really clear ?, the nomination doesn't have a name on it as its anonymous so the reviewer, any reviewer, has no idea who submitted.

They then have no idea if the person who did the submission is the same as the person who uploaded the pictures

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really want to ask how many people regularly check Google Maps (which is where the photo was uploaded and found), or search by image (i.e. reverse-image search) the nominations that they see as part of their regular reviewing process. If something looks absolutely fake or third-party, then I might go and check that one out but for the most part most photos are amateur enough to look like it was just a phone camera photograph and so it's easy enough.

But it is also insanely clear that it is an original photograph because the supporting photo was not uploaded to Google Maps and it shows an angle of the nomination which includes the nomination (thank God for people who include the nomination subject in the supporting photo). Where did they get their supporting photo from, Google Maps as well? They had to have got it from somewhere. Why is the supporting photo also not uploaded?

Clearly some people are in the basket of finding the most minute reason to reject something, but quarrelling over each other is going to do nothing because this decision was not from the reviewers. Niantic is the one responsible for rejecting this, and yet while they have responded to other appeals in the meantime, this one which was invaded by trigger happy rejectionists has been defiled and Niantic is now unlikely to attend to this.

@0QuietKid-PGO, just resubmit this. Your local reviewers will better understand. If Niantic takes it again and rejects it... again? Resubmit it again. Our local community has rejected numerous supermarkets over the last couple of years but to see Niantic reviews come alive and approve an ALDI Supermarket means their reviews are not the best.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen this mentioned: The Supplemental Information mentions PokeMonGo. I know it's OK in supplemental, but the Niantic reviewer might have rejected it for that. Maybe Niantic needs to reword their guidance for contractors, to clarify that game mentions are ONLY forbidden in the Description.

If you resubmit - mentioning PokemonGo does not add anything to your Supplemental Information. All it does, is opens you up to risk. Well-meaning reviewers (paid or volunteer) might reject for that.

• PlutoIsSad-PGOPlutoIsSad-PGO Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

Two things probably happened:

1. The NIANTIC reviewer lacking any knowledge of the area, language, or culture applied their own world view to the photo.

2. The NIANTIC reviewer misinterpreted Google translation which reads:

"Lake Garden Development Association"

And here we thought that NIANTIC might be getting out of the reviewing all parts of a nomination game.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heh, please. I am not a God, only a fan of St. Vincent. I'm just taking everything from a conscientious viewpoint. I don't review these, so I don't critique but also because it was not warranted/asked for (i.e. posted in Nomination Improvement).

I agree with Gendgi. Let Niantic deal with it now.

• 0QuietKid-PGO0QuietKid-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have noticed it just now,and to my dismay, the location of the stop has drifted towards north

But I would like to request the location gets shifted slightly towards south which will be it's exact location

Here is the requested point,this added small dot

And this is what I would like to give as my proof that this is exact location, screenshot from Google maps that shows the location of the community centre

And the a link that directs you the community centre: LAKE GARDEN UNNAYAN SAMITY

https://maps.app.goo.gl/taySiyRyUQCUBhR88

And as the additional photos show that the community center is in the corner of the park which is in that area of the curved pathway

Please edit the location of the waypoint

• Thanks for the tag guys! We'll get this nomination re-evaluated and comment here afterward.

• Hello @0QuietKid-PGO! We have given it another look and decided to overturn our initial decision.

• 0QuietKid-PGO0QuietKid-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭

Thanks a lot @NianticGiffard ,I am really joyous for this action. This was very kind,I am really grateful. Could you also please move the stop to the position I showed, that is the precise location, I don't know how it got shifted but it would be really great if you please move it to the point I suggested,thanks a lot!