Repeat Nominations

I’m seeing repeats of the same nominations I already reviewed. Why am I getting them again?

Some we’re repeats of rejected noms, others were repeats of ones I upvoted.

Is this intentional? Am I supposed to vote a 2nd time?

Comments

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve also resubmitted many nominations, that were unreasonably rejected. We can pull the photos from our camera roll and try again.

Why reviewers collectively reject certain trail markers, or golf driving ranges, or unique displays of local artwork, or paintball fields, or cricket pitches? It’s often beyond my understanding.

I DO in fact understand why some of our local historic ruins are being rejected, as they are both subjectively ugly and (with little more than a quick glance) LOOK like boringness personified; but they ARE our local history, and I’ll keep trying periodically hoping for a group of slow thoughtful reviewers who will actually READ the links I provide.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,128 Ambassador

There seems to be a sect of submitters now that they have 40 nominations that are using 10-20 of these to nominate the same thing to try and force it through the system. I feel that’s at least a part of it.

• ZeIdaSymphony-PGOZeIdaSymphony-PGO Posts: 221 ✭✭✭

Then they’re using the same photos and text to replicate. That’s frustrating. Not sure. I suppose I can down vote the duplicates I see but not sure the reason I would use.

Easy enough to do. Just have the text in Notes and the photos to use saved in your gallery. Not sure how Niantic feel on it.

Perhaps their mindset is that the more times it’s nominated, the better chance it will get approved.

Resubmitting nominations isn’t bad, if you think they should be accepted after getting a reject decision.

Submitting the same POI 20 times with the exact same information at the same time (via Upload Later for example) to force it through is questionable.

edited December 2021

There is nothing wrong with resubmitting something that is valid but was rejected. We know some wayfinders will speed through things rejecting for bad reasons in hopes to find theirs. Even rarer are some who intentionally downvote* nominations because they want the credit for submission or they’re not wanting a certain area to have anything. Unfortunately I’ve seen both, mostly the latter.

A unique-to-the-neighborhood bike path sign went up. I submitted the others and all we show down for duplicates. Clearly they were not, but the one was at a wayfinder’s house so it was ok. A nearby tot lot was killed numerous times for random reasons, once as trolling. It took way too long to get it through with enough positive votes.

In my situation, I was going against 2 people using at least 7 wayfinder accounts. But finally Niantic saw the pattern and now my nominations are properly going through. I just had to wait for the right situation to happen in order to fix the problem.

But I’ve had to submit everything multiple times in order for them to get fair votes once I was assured things were fine, which they are now.

But resubmitting is different from my main post. I am seeing the exact same one, identical in every way, come through within days of one another. If the submitter submitted 1, waited for rejection, then did again, too much time would have gone by. This person is either submitting it multiple times on one account or submitting it across multiple accounts and simply sharing the photos between the two phones.

It is possible they thing more submissions = the same as votes. That would make sense, it unless it’s an exact duplicate submission, then there’s no way to merge them into one and count the extras as votes.

Post edited by ZeIdaSymphony-PGO on
  • tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

As you have already mentioned, there is a certain percentage of Pokémon GO players who make the exact same nomination multiple times.

They are spreading the word worldwide that if you repeat the same nomination, one of them will be approved, and if you get approved and have many duplicate photos, you can become a Gym, and if you don't get upgraded, you can be reviewed only locally and easily approved.

It's like an F5 attack.

And recently, their nomination limit has been increased to 40.

Also, most of them are multi-account.

You get the idea.

They can keep doing this almost indefinitely.

I can even imagine that sooner or later, many of the reviewers will get fed up and stop reviewing.

Yeah, though I am a GO player, I have common sense. I only heard more likes on a photo of a stop could make it a gym, but that doesn’t apply here.

The 40 noms seems a bit much. I used 28 only for the ones I intended to do but spread over time. I have no need to nom now.

And the multiple account thing has to be annoying. I do have access to that with a friend, but we decided one of us will nom and the other reviews.

Eventually, the system will work well, I hope.

• MelodyS88Chi-PGOMelodyS88Chi-PGO Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is valid, but what I see repeated nominations for are stuff like an object on PRP with the same plea that the submitter needs a Pokestop there because they are disabled, an elementary school, and an office building with supporting information saying the submitter works there and needs a Pokestop.

People use the ability to submit identical nominations in bulk to try to brute force through blatantly ineligible wayspots to try to get couch or desk portals.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing quite a few "Duplicates" appearing with identical photos and POI names coming through, as if one Nomination has been launched into the queue on multiple occasions, just to see if one can pass.

Yeah, I see similar pleas as reasons to submit garbage or something clearly ineligible. Schools are a no. I do feel for those with disabilities, but the correct action is to make a convincing argument for Niantic to implement something that gives that person more accessibility in-game. But giving bad nominations risks their account, which is not what they want.