Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Reviewer rating dropped for no good reason

Comments

• Pdr59-PGOPdr59-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Likewise for me, green to red in a day, no idea what I did! Could not be any more frustrated. And it seems now my nominations are just stalled and I'm guessing it's because of that.

• BlameJamal-INGBlameJamal-ING Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

@NianticCasey-ING Greetings. let me start by saying that I (we) appreciate you and all you do. However, I am concerned with what appears to be a heightened level of secrecy when it comes to the reviewers rating.

To my knowledge, it has never been fully explained. Lately reviewers rating have fluctuated between the different levels and no one can (or will) answer the question "why". It leaves it up to people here on this forum and on Reddit to guess ans speculate.

I think that's awful. I know NIA doesn't want people to be able to game the system, but giving the reviewers a *little insight* into the process could be a good idea.

It can be disheartening to have north of 15,000 reviews and login one day and see you are in the yellow. With no explanation or reason why. I'm not asking to see your algorithm, but some answers for your loyal wayfarer reviews is not too much to ask.

• kholman1-INGkholman1-ING Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

when actually reading the natural feature reason it specifically says if the nomination is focusing on a natural feature a nomination that is titled lion exhibit and all the picture shows is grass with no signage etc that is fair if going by what the actual text says. The nomination was a redacted nomination as well with no text for the description.

Also they have said blurry or hard to read text can disqualify a nomination depending on what it is. If the focus is so far away we have to magnify the photo to even tell what it is valid?

• PhilClane-INGPhilClane-ING Posts: 31 ✭✭

In the last two days I got ~100 agreements and two decisions for upgraded nominations in two days as well. Rating is still green.

So neither a slow down nor this "bug" is observed anymore.

• grendelwulf-INGgrendelwulf-ING Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭

If your rating is red you need to rate differently.

• HighBastion-PGOHighBastion-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

What's going to happen if my rating is red? I dropped to red suddenly from being green for a long time so I stopped reviewing altogether. I can do 300 reviews per day.

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

Check out the topic int he Bug Report section. People who have been green for years with over 10000 Agreements suddenly dropped to red. And while the Agreements keep coming in, the rating drops without much logic.

• MidnightJolteon-PGOMidnightJolteon-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

American? Typical anecdotal personal experience means it's like that for everyone else response.

• PhilClane-INGPhilClane-ING Posts: 31 ✭✭

No, not American. But that should not matter, every comment here is subjective. I didn't speak for anyone else, but only for me and just wanted to add a new feedback, because I also wrote a few posts before that I think I was affected.

• TheElfCaptain-PGOTheElfCaptain-PGO Posts: 4 ✭✭✭

I have a 71% agreement rating after 3000+ reviews. My rating suddenly dropped to yellow then red. I retook the test but have stopped reviewing until this bug is acknowledged and fixed.

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
  • 24601LM-ING24601LM-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

I suspect that part of the reason Niantic doesn't want to do that is that it would likely lead to a lot of complaints. e.g. You discover that your rating dropped because you voted to reject a bunch of submissions on elementary school property but they got accepted anyway. (While I don't think it's the main reason for the sudden drop in my rating, I did see such wayspots appear on duplicates maps when reviewing later submissions in the same area.) Or, on the other end of things, you discover that the trail marker you voted favourably was rejected - maybe because reviewers who didn't know any better gave it 1* on "historical or cultural value".

So, then you'd have submitters upset that their valid submissions got rejected (and some upset that their invalid submissions got rejected) and reviewers upset that their scores are dropping as a direct result of reviewing properly. We already have that, of course. But given the number of players who had had consistently high ratings until very recently, I don't think it's so much a question of "learn what you reviewed incorrectly" as it is "the system is currently broken and needs a fix". I'd like to think I'm not supposed to change my reviewing to accept all those wayspots on school property...

• PoMaQue-PGOPoMaQue-PGO Posts: 252 ✭✭✭✭

Someone in my circle had nominated showers on a beach as a joke, naming them "water fun".

It's now a portal - so obvious rejections are even going through at the moment.😶

• MisskaPl-PGOMisskaPl-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭

In our locality is a change, everything that was rejected (playgrounds, signs, crosses, monuments) is accepted now, but they are moved near to the existing portal so that it does not appear. Then if you nominate the field on the edge they move it in the middle of the playing area. After the correct portals stopped being rejected, I returned from yellow to the green.

• IIAceTrnrII-PGOIIAceTrnrII-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

So how bad does the system have to be for atleast 10-15 reviewers in my area to send similar scales after being in green and having 2k+ total reviews and average acceptances of 80-85%

• tehstone-INGtehstone-ING Posts: 1,154 Ambassador

This is a page loading bug and doesn't actually indicate what your rating is. If you check in the page source, you should see a div such as: `<div class="great" id="karma-chart">` with the class matching your rating. If this doesn't appear then it's bugged, and this happens rather frequently.

• HyperionRayleig-PGOHyperionRayleig-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

Not as impresive as other profiles with +10K reviews but, as many in this thread, from green to red in less than 3 weeks, stopped reviewing because everything seems really discouraging and not worth the effort. Also many rejected valid nominations but that is really subjective.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zimiwings-INGzimiwings-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

Just dropped from green to red in a couple of days, despite being careful and not voting on anything that might have been dicey... The issue has been open for quite some time, and still is not resolved. That's really encouraging to put in free labor.