On how to extract good Wayspots

sinXsan-INGsinXsan-ING Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in December AMA - 2021

Can we expand the current search range for "good Wayspots" beyond the current range? I think within a certain range should be based on the number of POIs that exist, not the distance. Newbies often apply based on the indication of good Wayspots, but if you choose 3 POIs out of 1000 or 10000 or more, I think you can extract something quite significant. By selecting those with an average rating of 4.5 or higher, I think it will be harder for those that fall outside the criteria to be nominated.

In addition, it would be desirable to update it in a span of six months or a year, rather than in a short period of time as it is now. On the other hand, I think it would be better to have a format in which the evaluation is sequentially updated when a higher numerical value is found.

4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

I generally agree with this.

The current showcase is not another good wayspot, although it does meet the approval criteria. There are only a few wayspots that are worth displaying in a showcase.

Therefore, that place is just a place to see the "approved wayspot of the week".

Currently, the showcase function is broken and shows Cupid's_Span all the time, but it is actually more appropriate for its showcase purpose.

The program should be changed to extract and display highly rated wayspots from a wider area and longer time period.

An example is shown below.

Current about 200km -> about 2000km

About the last month -> about the last year (extract a total of about 30 locations in rotation)

Overall rating of 4.3 or higher.

• Davideous-PGODavideous-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭

lol - recently at least one of my showcases have been really bad - several were actually frauds, relocated from other areas or even just bad poi's that no assessor would approve.

• sinXsan-INGsinXsan-ING Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

We need to expand the range of "good wayspots" much more than we do now, and set the threshold for collection higher than it is now, whether it is a quantity or a physical range.

Ironically, the current "good Wayspots" are the cause of unnecessary POI abuse.

We also need to set the renewal period to a longer span than now, and increase the number of extractions, so that when there are more good ones, they can be replaced, which I believe will help people understand what is really good.