A way to edit Lightship-only POI

Some Waypoints end up only existing in Lightship, and not being viewable in other Niantic games.

That’s fine, but some games such as Pikmin Bloom do use them, and it would be good to have a way to submit edits and new photos for these Waypoints to ensure consistently good Waypoints, especially if they do get used by other games in future.

57 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you in the future.

Perhaps it will be possible when the Wayfarer application launches.

But, at the same time, abuse of the system for arbitrary reasons remains a concern.

So, I think we need to be very careful in building this system.

• GearGlider-INGGearGlider-ING Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the question? Like, I would also like this feature, but what are you asking?

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

The question is, paraphrased, what can be done to see/edit wayspots that don’t happen to show up in Ingress or Pokémon Go?

It’s important for (at least) twofold reasons:

1. the world is continuously changing and evolving around us
    2. some of these things WILL eventually show up in current or future games, with no way to fix photos, titles, locations, or descriptions
  • AgentMAenlight-INGAgentMAenlight-ING Posts: 227 Ambassador
    edited December 2021

As I posted here (but with little response), this is a very important point. Even if Wayspot isn't visible on the Niantic games, the Wayspot title, description, pictures, location, etc. must be accurate and interesting. However, with the current Wayfarer systems, there is no way to edit wayspots that are not visible in the game. How will Nianitc handle this problem in the future?

I hope that Niantic will answer this question and I voted for this related question.

PS : I forgot to put the link so I added it,

Post edited by AgentMAenlight-ING on
  • Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,535 Ambassador

I'm sorry, what does this question contribute outside of one from the November AMA?

Given that Ingress is no longer a clear representation of the overall Wayfarer map, do you intend to make the map (+Lightship) of Wayspots available to Explorers? This ensures that players do not end up submitting things that are already in the database.

Yes, we do want to eventually add a feature that lets you see all the community contributions against yours. We agree this would save you time and give you more info to nominate other interesting things in your community. We are still looking into the best place and format to bring this to life.

The only response we'll see is "we are still looking into the best place and format to bring this to life." We've made it clear it's a priority to us (and why) but if you spend 5 minutes looking over old AMA you'll see very little success in prioritization of feature requests.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

So many repeat questions that have been answered as early as the last AMA.

• AScarletSabre-PGOAScarletSabre-PGO Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Add to that, they may have been submitted with spelling or grammar mistake, or even been accepted in the wrong location. With no way to edit them, they shall remain incorrect unless and until Wayfarer is changed.

• PeterCat89-PGOPeterCat89-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

One way to solve this would be to provide a separate app for nominating new Wayspots (which could also be used for editing existing ones).  It seems to me that it's a duplication of effort to implement this functionality within each individual game, and it's led to feature disparity (Ingress users can't "upload later" as Pokemon GO users can, and until recently Pokemon GO users couldn't remotely submit nominations with images from the camera roll).

• I’ve also asked for this before, as have many, but been put down by some of the members here, good to know some still want it. Great idea!