Changing the Upgrade Mechanic to an Upgrade Point Mechanic

Has Niantic thought about changing the current Upgrade Mechanic to an Upgrade Point system? Instead of just being able to apply an upgrade on a nomination, the reviewer can utilize the points in different means and Niantic can add additional reviews and perks for trading those points. Examples of some new perks would be; new cosmetics they can earn for their respective games, trading points for additional nominations that can be added to the original cap of nominations the user has, and many other things.

7 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ideally we should stem away from calling it anything remotely associated with an upgrade, maybe call it a Wayfarer Credit or something. But other than that:

• I agree. Use our agreements to do other things. Redeem other things such as some of the suggestions below:
    • Wayfarer clothing cosmetics in Pokemon GO. Think about white clothes like a hat and shirt with a red/orange Wayfarer logo on it. What is that trainer wearing in the raid lobby? What is the red pin? Oh it's Wayfarer, that's pretty cool, lemme check it out.
    • Let it cost points or credits to redeem the upcoming appeal feature, whether that's done within Wayfarer itself or elsewhere.
    • Maybe you can redeem more edit or photo contributions for a certain amount of credits too, I always run out of contributions. Because there is a lot of controversy in being able to redeem more nominations, I am going to leave that option out.
  • tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

Some malicious nominators and reviewers take advantage of the fact that the upgrade does not apply to them and they can only review in their own neighborhood, in an attempt to mass produce low quality wayspots with abusive high ratings.

Under the current system, upgrades are dysfunctional.

In addition to improving this, it would be wise to make the scope of the review process the same for all regions, regardless of whether or not an upgrade is applied (i.e., the same as if an upgrade is applied), so that upgrades can be reviewed more quickly and more often by GREAT-rated reviewers.

It would also be healthy to change the system to allow for quicker reporting of corrections, deletions, and abuses when these points are applied, making it more like an airline frequent flyer service and membership program.

• Roli112-PGORoli112-PGO Posts: 2,236 Ambassador

I love this idea, it would also reduce the amount of upgrades being reviewed at a time, so reviewers could review nominations in the backlog.