The New Email Format is Less Clear

StellaRealta-PGOStellaRealta-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited December 2021 in December AMA - 2021

I find the increased number of words makes it harder to tell easily what the decision was. Also I really miss getting all the reasons for why people rejected nominations, I tried to use that to become better. Will this be just the way it is from now on? or is the new email format still something that's being worked on? or could we have preference to get the old format of email responses?

Tagged:
6 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Having the rejection reasons in the email was helpful.

• exemok-PGOexemok-PGO Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

New format fully disappointed me. In previous I can see from subject accept or nor, right now it is more more complicated.

And as advice - I have filters in gmail that really helpful. Hopefully filter can be created for new letters :)

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like that the new emails don't contain the rejection reasons and direct people to Wayfarer instead - lots of submitters never even knew Wayfarer existed before.

That said, I do have some issues with the new format as well. It's annoying that, unlike the old emails, it doesn't immediately tell you in the title whether it's an acceptance or rejection. The main issue, though, is that the rejection reasons in Wayfarer are still bugged (sometimes they appear more like error codes than rejection reasons) and less informative than the old email ones. Foe example, "the nomination doesn't meet acceptance criteria" is much more informative than the current "Other rejection criteria".