Why bother making poke stop ?!

Comments

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

What's that complex down at the east end, just cut off in the margins of your photo? If it's a private home, it's huge. No street view, but that place looks impressive!

• sara22au-PGOsara22au-PGO Posts: 38 ✭✭✭

Do you have a community /village garden?

• tibmag82-PGOtibmag82-PGO Posts: 23 ✭✭

The cheese thing is not a shop but private mass manufacturing(private property), and there is no pharmacy, google map is great but old and not always correct 😉

These is for others that read these ...

I can give multiple location like these for example in Poland, Spain, Germany or east Europe. That's why I pinpointed that the POGO favors big not treating equally big and small. We can see these especially in apartments blocks in cities. Like they say to be richer you first need to be rich and these is what I see in Niantic game after 38 levels.

There should not be same criteria for all. It's harsh what I will write but imagine someone who steals candy from a shop and some one who is robbing a bank, will you use same criteria for both and give same judgment ? 😉

Hmmm there is no complex in these village, only farms, local production on private property(not local sales accessible). On est there is only window production company again private property.

Old soccer field is no more there is only field of grass there, trust me guys there is nothing there, no art, sculpture, not even one shop or church just beautiful nature with no information signs. On the north I will try to make them poke-stop near lakes as a green area but despite that it is no special landmarks.

Maybe that's the case... I'm trying to be correct with Niantic rules and believe that even if these is generic landmark, someone would look on it closely... maybe I should just adapt reality to necessity like others pogo nominating persons do...

local agro turism also inlcuded as other pocestop nomination, will se how it goes ...

• Kawhinot-INGKawhinot-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

Is there any chance that there is a wall of some type where a mural of some type can be created?

• RNSaga-PGORNSaga-PGO Posts: 33 ✭✭

I saw one bus stop?/rest area, that could work.

edited December 2021

To close to actual pogo stop, there in is one pogo stop for bus stop/town hall/ basket ball court. All 3 are in area of 50 meters as showed on the map.

To all that read these :

I love your enthusiasm here as community 😀 I'm continuing the discussion cause I want for you all to see that small villages like these are in disadvantage even if they have 15 to 30 players ... they are doomed to travel to bigger city to have any chance of finding new pokemon's or making some mission.

These is my point here that some generic sign or place Should be accepted depending on the size of the settlement.

Google provide a lots of information, map on the review easily shows how some areas are in disadvantage. So, there should be different criteria for different rural regions in difference to cities and big cities.

You don't have pogo stop then you don't have new pokemons, you don't progress, you don't grow. On these location players already spend some many incense just to progress and these is simply sad guys... but I belive Niantic is fine with that as additional gold need to be bought and micro transaction progress more in rural then in cities, all fine there.

Post edited by tibmag82-PGO on
  • HLAJR-PGOHLAJR-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

@tibmag82-PGO

Where is your area in reference to Google Earth?

Once again don't believe all google show. Some shops or pharmacy are address for local private company not actual pharmacy or school or simply google is long not updated either satellite same as commercial. Trust me i have checked that first hand.

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

"private company" is not a rejection reason. Only nominations located on single-family residential property are ineligible, company property is perfectly okay, as long as there are employees and customers having access to the place.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

It's true that small villages have a disadvantage in game. They also have disadvantages in real life, such as needing to travel to a larger town for necessities and services, that all non-game-players have coped with over the years. If there's truly a sizable player base in your village, have you tried reaching out to local government or service organizations to kickstart a public art project, blaze walking trails, or beautify and enhance public spaces? It may take some effort, but it looks like there's room to add a few things that might be enjoyable for all residents. In my general area, we have several villages that are packed with wayspots due to civic efforts, while others are not as well-appointed.

The furniture accessory factory has a pretty ornate and traditional-looking gate (at 51.15872502860743, 17.25201931547827). I'd definitely accept this if you make a good nomination around it.

• PlutoIsSad-PGOPlutoIsSad-PGO Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

I'd say that the basketball court could get its own waypoint easily. Put your nomination at the basket by the road and it shouldn't interfere with the playset radius.

Also you could try nominating the teeter totter. Or something furthest away from the previous waypoint. It may get through and show up in game if it is outside the 20 meter(?) radius of the playset.

Depending on what the building is you might even get that through. Pin placement furthest away from other nominations. Even the green space with the light green circle may have something like a fountain if its public land.

A quick zip in birdseye view on maps shows what seems to be lots of established industry surrounded by very new, expensive looking housing areas set on large plots of land. Not really seeing any parks or churches.

My personal story. I'm rural as well. I walked EVERYWHERE in my area and luckily found good nominations. Things I'd never have found without actually walking with my head up and turning down regular roads and going down roads and paths in rice fields. I was amazed by all the history I found.

• Babarushki-PGOBabarushki-PGO Posts: 195 ✭✭✭

I empathize with you.

Two suggestions, offered with respect:

1) Look at the post “how to submit things that get accepted“ by @Hosette-ING That thread is such a great primer and guide for getting wayspot nominations accepted.

2) Get used to using “wayspot” instead of “PokeStop” here. Both Ingress and Pokémon Go players nominate and review.

i wish you the best. 😎

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PlutoIsSad-PGO Most of that post is great, but as a result of Lightship becoming the master map, there is no 20 meter measurement in Pogo any more. It’s only the cell system. Pogo can have two POIs that are one step apart, as long as the cell division runs between them.

Hi all,

• I'm aware of s2 system in place.
    • I thought I pinpointed in few times that's why i think it mostly unfair especially when you live in apartment block in mid or big city, due to not using any distance and using S2 on level 17 you can get surrounded by pokestops like 9 pokestops or 7 with 2 gyms
    • If you would spend time to check the map or visit https://www.pogomap.info/location/51,160065/17,251663/18 ans use level 17 then compare it with google maps satellite view you will see that normal farm in rural region can take 1 cells of s17. As these are private residential property (even if historical) they cannot be used so I can get blocked for few s17 cells.
    • The "park" are (if we are speaking about the same) that was showed by @PlutoIsSad-PGO can hold 2 more pokestop based on s2 level 17 as one is already there and in rather bad spot middle of s2 axes.
    • I'm reminding that my frustration is not with the s2 system but the "rules" that Niantic set that are blunt, not equally fair for cities and rural regions and also my frustration comes from community blindly following or repeating Rejection Criteria instead of reporting them back to Niantic as not properly balanced and fair fro everybody.
    • As for Eligible for Wayspot I encourage once again to use street view and find me one location on the way in that village Sir @X0bai-PGO as Sir @PlutoIsSad-PGO was trying to do. Find me any locations there that are Eligibility Criteria and are not generic, part of advertise or private residential property even if a company/production
    • Also why I think the Nianic wayspot creation is a joke, cause again Niantic allows to make waystops or gyms(that of course rather automatic algorithm) in place of Worship like Churches or cemeteries. Of course there is Niatic criteria that say "sensitive locations like gravestones (not associated with a significant/historical figure) and cemeteries". But apparently to other reviewers is not a problem that a for example three WW2 memorials are located on cemetery or as a table on Church wall. Either way Niantic don't care or reviewers are either blind or biased. Sure place of worship is not generic its a place to be social but it is rather unsettling when some people are praying and in the same time other are cheering for Raid in place. Of course we can say " please report these place but i would ask why it was accepted and how in the first place ? Going back to the point that in rural regions generic pumping station or street crossing is not accepted but offending locations or scribbles imitating graffiti are accepted. Like i wrote @X0bai-PGO, please use street vie and find me there Eligible wayspot location there.

From what I see is that we are so martinets with the rules like chimps in the Zoo but not trying to question them if they are not correct and we bend eligible criteria if they fits us but neglect the others that try to do the same. I'm not judging and I'm not accusing but I'm considering what I see more and more when i visit new poke stops for example.

I think for now i go back to fallout2 and syndicate wars to chill or give my self a vacations from pogo :) Please justtry to understand guys and try to think about it instead of "qutoe" me again the Niantic criteria and If you are living in citty or Big city, you will not understand the situation...

Really? I keeps cells in mind when I nominate but have also kept the 20m radius.

So you're saying that as long as wayspots are in different cells they can be side by side in Pokemon Go now? I'll have to check one of my own that I know was within a 20m radius and not in game before. Might be now.

That would be really helpful for the OP if he knows how to show cells in IITC. It took a while to find the place but I just looked at the cells and WOW at cell placement!! He COULD actually put a nomination on the teeter totter or even safer the building if it's a community centre or other valid wayspot. The basketball net by the road is also in a different cell. And the light green circle in the grassy area in front of the building is also in a different cell. Any valid wayspot between there and the road would be good. I'd post a screenshot but don't believe it would be allowed.

edited December 2021

I agree that rural players get the short end of the stick regarding play environment.

When Pokemon Go started I had to decide which pokemon to throw a ball at because I was always short on poke balls. My city living friend tried to show me how "easy" it was to catch ponyta I think (when it was a harder throw). The guy threw a dozen pokeballs before I forced him to stop. He was so used to just spinning poke stops that he wasn't thinking that I had no way to collect items. Rural users are an afterthought to a gaming system that makes the bulk of its money from urban players. The only REAL bonus rural users got was remote raiding (oh, and gifting). At least now I can battle level 5 raids and have a chance at strong pokemon that my city friends were getting several of by easy access to local gyms for raiding.

Street view for your area is 10 years old and only on the main road. Birdseye view doesn't show anything identifiable. Hopefully you can load up the park area a bit and maybe get lucky and see a monument you never paid attention to off the side of the road.

• Hacksawskid-PGOHacksawskid-PGO Posts: 39 ✭✭

They seem to randomly reject everything anymore. I followed all guidelines of everything. Perfect picture, description and title. It has a pathway and follows guidelines yet been reject on all they actually cheek.

If excepted, they never added them to the game anymore even when they are away from others. In one spot we have 2 gyms, with 17 Pokémon stops. Seems outnumbered to me. 11 others have been excepted but never put in the game. It seems they do not even try. However, a bigger city has something marked at every building, real close together and a gym to every 3 or 4 Poke'mon stops.

Then in other towns they except stuff like bars, street signs, apartments, radio/tv stations and gravestones (not 50 years of age) which do not follow guidelines and some people in my town mark memorials which they claimed was a gravestone, Food places they claimed was bars, and said TV and Radio stations don't follow guidelines. Seems some towns get certain stuff while others do not?Fitness places and gyms are excepted everywhere I go except my town.

The system is just messed up and not equal balanced threw each city. Most do not even read what is excepted and I will reject 15 in a row because it is stuff at home, in the yard, have a person in it, have an animal, or is rejected according to their website. Then we get flagged as repeating things to many times and get stop for 24 hours. Not my fault people do not know how to summit real nominations

• ArborAndyYT-PGOArborAndyYT-PGO Posts: 87 ✭✭

Tl:Dr go read thru the criteria again

Please spend time to review the discussion and try to understand the problem at place before you place bot like response.

edited December 2021

To all ,

I'm doing the test for you all to understand.

I have went thought these village as thoroughly as possible as an example and as I already used it for local community.

I have made in these location what follows:

• Divided the already existing poke stop to 4 (including one existing. The all 3 all in the eligible criteria( basketball field, town meeting place, outdoor gym). They are all in the vicinity of like 25 meters but met s2 level 17, i needed to move them as in the actual google map few meters away from location to meet L17 grid. Still they are like one next to another in my opinion will be rejected as duplicates... will see these experiment of mine. I will give later the copy of way spot and the rejection.
    • Added like 5 wayspot as eligible but still, rural region so no side walk also some close in grid of s2 to already given ones
    • Added like 5 that are eligible and are also not... Are on walking paths and are point of interest but can go as generic, like transformer station. We will also see how it goes and i will report it.

They you will have subject to review an food for any discussion on blunt comments like " read criteria" :)

Post edited by tibmag82-PGO on

You seem to be completely obsessed with sidewalks. Sidewalks are not a requirement; safe pedestrian access is. Most reviewers can understand that it's perfectly safe to move around without sidewalks in rural areas. And if they don't, it's a mistake on their part.

I don't know how to respond to that... yea sure I'm obsessed with sidewalks, goblins and cotton candy.

edited January 2022

2 Rejected & 1 accepted.

1st rejected - due to "duplicated" . There was many voices that pointed that the distance of pokestop does not matter but s2 cells(L17) and I of course agree to that. But as i was pinpointing reviewers do not care and the validation system is rather subjective and biased. Here we have basketball court near other pokestop, like (20 meters,) but to my recallingin other s2 cells on l17, still not accepted as "duplicate". Reviewers just looked that there is already playground so these basketball court is to close and treated it as a duplicate.

2nd Reject - Rural area, solid and important information table for the village, rejected as "temporary" & "seasonable" [sic!] and "wrong location" when location is accurate in 99.9%.

There are more nominations coming my conclusion later. For now, as explained earlier it rather same conclusions:

• Niantic rules are not fair and favor city leaving rural behind
    • City has better possibilities cause (estimation only based on observation) on 10 poke stops nominations in 0,5km square if even 30% was accepted that 3 poke stops per 0,5km square. In Rural 10 pokestop nominations are likely to be found on 3km square and are hard to find and rather treated as debatable.
    • Reviewers are simple and don't loose time on and treat niantic criteria blindly. For example like here, don't accepted informational table but in city accept illegal graffiti(rather scribbles not graffiti) of some soccer team club on private wall as an art [sic!].
    • I'm also reviewer and i made experiment. When I stooped to look on pokestop nomination by if it is need or acceptable and treated them in simple criteria (scribbles on walls, cross, playground, playing field) rejecting common sense (is these in church, is these scribbles not graffiti, is these in k-12 area, and few others guess what...) then i got better score. Doing that I was favoring city nominations with very questionable nominations and rejected the rural even if i saw on the map they don't have any other possibilities there. I was rather as BOT to verify and not the judge helping the POGO community. By doing that Niantic was informing me that these is good direction by increasing my level/s