Upcoming Wayfarer 4.3 Updates - Discussion

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. You can see rejection reasons in Wayfarer now by tapping on one of your rejected submissions, so it has gone live.

• xScorpio12x-INGxScorpio12x-ING Posts: 59 ✭✭

Seems like they have gone off for a lot of people. I and many others had subs in voting and now after the updated all of them are in queue and dont have the NIA tag for review. So it seems like a visual bug based on the discussion in the wayfarer group. But who knows!

• Davejjjjj-INGDavejjjjj-ING Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

reject.reason.opr_cultural.short

That's what I get shown for one that was rejected for not being historical or culturally significant.

• Is this update happening now? Is this why it says down for maintenance. How long do these usually last?

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is scheduled maintenance between 3:30pm and 5pm PST, during which point submissions are unavailable. There's a different thread about it.

• Elninokenn27-PGOElninokenn27-PGO Posts: 16 ✭✭

Hello. Will you display edit submissions? It's real trouble for all of us. I cannot learn anything about my very old submissions. A few days ego i received an edit suggestion e-mail which submitted 8 months ago. It was really surprising. Please make useful changes on it as well.

• B00JL5YI7G-PGOB00JL5YI7G-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

Approval has not been reflected since August. It is said that the rules of each game are hijacked and alwayspot is displayed, but the rules are not presented and I am confused.

• NosajThing-PGONosajThing-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

Just help make the world a better place by not rejecting on purpose for nominations.

it amazes me how humanity functions when given power.

its abused and not used to make things better.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying, but I don't think any player would knowingly reject a POI nomination because it would be reflected in their own evaluation.

It is also important to note that even qualified POIs are often rejected if the title, description, photos, or location information written by the nominator is flawed. You need to make sure that these are of sufficient quality for submission.

Also, a POI that is not ineligible is not necessarily a qualified POI. There are many POIs in this world that are not ineligible but not eligible.

We are waiting for your nominatio of a good POI.

• Prideofvalor1-PGOPrideofvalor1-PGO Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

I agree with niantic's thought process as I was reading the comments of some people being negative regarding the 15 mins cooldown period or what not. But my perspective is totally different regarding this, firstly what if people with some kind of disabilities are giving tests just to help the community development and they are trying to stand with niantic's game development platform to enhance the game and secondly what if some person is trying to learn the criterias and concepts by willing to give test more and more times, wouldn't it be better if they can learn every aspect perfectly by giving the test more times with less cooldown periods, since old players like us couldn't give test again after passing it first time and 2nd time for a rating reset at max it's difficult for us also sometimes to implement the right things. Lastly is it me only or everyone of us that can say there is a huge amount of diversion of thoughts for game developments from a Pokemon go first only player or an ingress only first player, because if that's the case why not have 2 seperate review systems and seperate wayspots on both games with Pokemon go alloted to players that love Pokemon go first and only came to ingress due to Pokemon go reasons and vice versa, because I believe Pokemon go is based on principles a passion of love for Pokemon, community friendship, sociality, promotion of self health care and some things that niantic and gamefreak has as a main purpose for the game while Ingress is a pro team and anti team based game that hardcore gamers love but many people play both games due to interconnectivity reasons of the wayspots one of which actually wasn't there Cup of tea. I believe a Pokemon go only and an Ingress only platform would develop both games as per the player base and niantic/gamefreak demands simultaneously and seperately with a better understanding among the players as well.

• Dcole63-PGODcole63-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

You need to hold reviewers more accountable rather than open the flood gates. Some sort of appeals process would go a long ways.

• NosajThing-PGONosajThing-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

A question then. Wouldn't the world be a better place if there's more pokestops? What I'm trying to say is fill the world with stops so it will be more fun for people to go out and visit these stops.

In Malaysia you can count the number of gyms or pokestops located. At times you will have to travel about 5 to 8km just to get a pokestop.

And hard-core ingress players tend to reject pokestop nominations with reasons that don't make sense.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

The world would be more fun with more points of interest. More things to explore, do or see, for all people and not just players of a particular game.

If you can nominate a good wayspot that interests you, we all welcome it.

Also, Just that the depopulated area of Hokkaido in Japan was in a similar situation.

When I started playing Ingress in December 2014, there were only four wayspot (portals) in my town, including three sponsor portals (Lawson).

Today there are over 100 wayspot in my town, which is the result of a gradual increase.

But, since Niantic's game is based on wayspot, there are still no wayspots in empty areas between towns.

This is unavoidable, and I didn't have any problems with it in Ingress, where the first thing the player has to do is go to the wayspot.

But, in my opinion, the system that relies on wayspot for items was not a good idea in Pokémon GO, because most players think that the first thing to do in Pokémon GO is to catch Pokémon, not to visit these wayspots.

Maybe it would have been better to build a system that doesn't depend so much on wayspot density, like Pikmin Bloom, where you walk around and the Pokémon you catch pick up items, or Harry Potter, where you pick up items that have fallen around you.

The best way to do this would have been to have a series of locations at regular intervals where you can get items even in empty areas, like Dragon Quest Walk, which is only launching in Japan but has as many players as Pokémon Go in Japan.

This way, you could focus on catching Pokémon while visiting the occasional wayspot that caught your interest.

But the truth is that this method didn't fit Niantic's philosophy.

So, if you are in a place where there is no way to wayspot, we're sorry, but the only way to solve your problem is to walk.

@NosajThing-PGO

I'll say one more thing.

If you're going to add more Wayspots, it's a good idea to start with the ones that everyone calls qualified candidates and that are listed on Google Maps.

If you only have a few Wayspots to count, it will take some time to finish nominatending all those eligible candidates in your town and the surrounding towns.

In the meantime, you can learn how to make good recommendations.

Many players are learning more that way.

Yes that's the idealogical difference between a Pokemon go first player and an ingress first player. To be specific in main series Pokemon games getting pokecoins and items are very much a priority and it becomes easier as you progress on your journey of the region as you get access to various techniques like flying surfing etc similarly in Pokemon go the wayspots that become gyms and pokestops serve the same thing and also they represent society more in general as opposed to just a few points that you get bored with watching overtime and as you move forward with your journey the game helps you more for your further development that helps you improve as a battler overall. But ingress just works on a good thing to explore as you said, which is not a bad idea but it's only thing pertaining to ingress and not Pokemon games in general. Therefore it would be much better to have separate platforms for both games I believe as both games have reached a stage of becoming 2 seperate identities in themselves. Let the Pokemon go players and niantic deal with their own idealogy and let ingress players and niantic deal with their own.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

@Prideofvalor1-PGO I'm a Level 50 trainer that started Day 1 in Pokemon Go. Ingress was my second game. I enjoy the exploration aspect of both games, I'll never have a portal or pokestop at my suburban home, and I do prefer to visit new areas over just churning coins out of the same old gyms. Pokemon Go gets so, so much free stuff on a daily basis, and if I have a single pokestop near me I can just sit in one place and spin every five minutes to reap a ton of items. Yes, I also played all the original Gameboy games - and I know that keeping up with item stocks can be a challenge at times. Without a challenge, though, it's not really a game: it's a checklist of stuff that everyone can do without even paying attention to the world outside.

edited November 2021

@Shilfiell-ING yes it's challenge sometimes to manage items in those games by selling items and getting required items through that and battles but once you reach a certain point you can get as many amount of coins as you want by beating the Pokemon league and doing other things even it's not much important to keep up with the item requirements at that point rather focussing on other things like IVs EVs and proper team and battle aspects are more important because ultimately you need to become a better trainer in terms of knowledge and battling rather than just getting frustrated on thinking on how to get items which becomes difficult if you didn't learned on how to manage the game untill reaching the Pokemon league first time. Also one more thing I want to know from you that how is it possible to get enough number of good items after spinning just a single pokestop in every 5 mins as it does give you very less and that too non required items that's why you need to go to other pokestops or gyms and also no one has that much time to play a game that too a single game for whole day all the time. I appreciate the efforts you do for the game but I would say Pokemon go is based more on battles be it gym, raids or pvp, getting items is a part of game improvement for the game but that's not highly important if we are more focused towards other aspects of the game every one has their own choice of playing games and no one is forced to stick only on one methodology of playing which is also the case of anime as there are many characters that have different goals and protagonist has his own goal which is totally different from the rest.

Not all Google maps places are an eligible candidate but only those places that follows the criterias are

Of course you're right.

There are a lot of inappropriate things listed on Google Maps.

I apologize for the misunderstanding, as my English was not good enough and I didn't want to write in detail because I thought it would clutter up the text.

Unlike in some developed countries, Google Maps and Street View in emerging countries are very poor.

If we are going to make detailed recommendations, it is essential to submit 360° photos.

Still, there are some things that can be identified to some extent only with satellite photos, and there are certainly some candidates that can be evaluated with trust.

For example, soccer stadiums, athletic fields, historical sites, landmarks, churches, etc., which are listed on Google Maps with photos, it would be possible to give them a location rating of 3 stars.

You know that no matter how high the rating of the candidate itself is, it will be rejected if the location information cannot be confirmed.

I think that if we can prioritize the nomination of such candidates over murals in the town, which are not identifiable by satellite images, the number of wayspots will increase faster.

Yes good idea but location present in the Google maps nor its Street view gives a guaranteed 3 or 5 stars only the Google maps reviews help and location matching as well, we need to match surroundings as per the rules exact match gives 5 stars regardless of the street view or map listings and if it's difficult to figure out then look map's reviews/photos or street views if any to figure out what it should be 3 or 5 star and if you aren't able to match nor anything exist on maps then 1 star.

• B00JL5YI7G-PGOB00JL5YI7G-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

Obviously, the quality of the wayfarer judges has deteriorated and the judging time has been shortened. But we don't get approval. What does this mean?

• NapstarPS-PGONapstarPS-PGO Posts: 9 ✭✭

Its really helpful that we got to know the rejection criteria of our submitted pokestop on the top 👍

• sara22au-PGOsara22au-PGO Posts: 38 ✭✭✭

I wish you would listen to the communities, Niantic. You develop and release products, but we, the user's of those products, are far more familiar of how they perform.

Feedback that makes interactions easier, more beneficial, more usable, result in more people wanting to use them. If problems are identified that hamper the use, then less people will use them. Simple, no?

Feedback, where problems are identified, or where changes are requested, aren't negative criticisms. They are made because we love your product, and want to see it grow and improve. And they want more people to love it just as much.

Spamming a failed test until success isn't a way to gain user numbers. Or retain the ones you have. Nobody is leaving wayfarer because of a lack of people.

They are leaving because major flaws aren't ever addressed.

• Hacksawskid-PGOHacksawskid-PGO Posts: 39 ✭✭

Next update you do you should think about a few things.

I know a few people in my town, including me that has follow every guideline in nominating. Picture clears, something that follows guideline (seen everywhere else), perfect detail, pathway, everything. Yet we get rejected with no reason why except that it was a rejection from your team. We at lease should know why it was rejected otherwise we can just assume you randomly denied us for no reason.

• ConnorYamsek-PGOConnorYamsek-PGO Posts: 19 ✭✭✭

I would like to see some sort of feedback on things that I have rated other than agreements. It would help me to know how many of the things I have voted on are still waiting for more votes to be decided. It would also help newer reviewers to see where they went wrong/right. If someone is constantly rating something wrong, they don't necessarily know that right now because the current system only shows "agreements" without further detail.

• Hacksawskid-PGOHacksawskid-PGO Posts: 39 ✭✭

I agree. I get 80% fake nominations. It would be a nice way to be able to let people know why they were rejected because most do not look at the rules or even heard of Wayfarer. At the same time people are reviewing most of these and skipping or rejecting just to get to the ones in their town. Most have no ideas now the many rejected stuff like restaurants, bar & grills, are now excepted.

• lambert1975-PGOlambert1975-PGO Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have just done the test as im newbie here and found it rather easy as its common sense mainly, so personally, if you fail after 3 attempts, theres an issue and you shouldnt be reviewing things. Surely by doing it multiple times you are going to succeed by choosing a different answer to the one you did before and this could potentially mean you will be getting stops popping up in dangerous locations.

• zeplin411-PGOzeplin411-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have a great review score and stopped reviewing because I can never see anything local (aka within 100 km of my home or bonus location). Why should I help some far away place that doesn't even speak my language when my submissions are in voting for over a year? Why should I tank my stat to get local stuff? Even setting my home location doesn't help. Both my home and bonus locations are set to my current area. Gee, I hope I don't ever move since I can't reset my home location ever again.