The farce of Vaterstetten
Evrytrhing started with a random report of a photoshop Pikachu powerbox in this thread:
Since Photoshop fakes are often gregarious animals I checked the other wayspots of that town, and found, that the fake Pikachu was surrounded by a strange tree educational trail (so wayspot title as well as infoboards title included the german word for tree educational trail). What was strange?
- Location in a town. Lots of boards nice arranged around the fake Pikachu, fitting the cell rules of PGO. Others were far away (without a route, that woud make sense for visitors) .... so nice fake home cluster for the faker, and single stops for others, I guess.
- lots of mountings were very bad. No official instances would do this that way. One of the boards stood free in a forked branch. Another one was screwed into the tree (bad idea, because this hurts the tree. The tree cant deal with screws because of its secondary growth of girth). Way to go: nails, that dont oxidize.
- infoboards can be bought online by evryone, printing a town crest on them included, 32€ per board.
What happened? Niantic removed all the wayspots.
Then someone wrote a mail to the town government. Result: they got a neutral verbalized answer, that this is authorized. Later we found out, that the faker asked afterwards. So after placing his DIY infoboards without permission.
As a next step two things happened simultaneously:
- The fakers main account started a recreation appeal, that is not answered by Niantic. https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/25458/poi-recreation-appeals-vaterstetten Roughly at the same time he created google markers for each of his infoboards with a single 5* google review for each one. Someone removed them later...
- The faker started appeals for random other wayspots in his town on his own. Will visit that point again at the end
The wayspots are now back, some of them seem to be the same ones like before, others have different pictures now:
- https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=48.103253,11.787339&z=17&pll=48.103253,11.787339 This is now nailed. Before that it stood in the forked branch .....
- https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=48.103815,11.785807&z=17&pll=48.103815,11.785807 not sure. Seems to be same picture like before, and it is still screwed ....like mentioned above: very bad idea ....
- https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=48.104555,11.787545&z=17&pll=48.104555,11.787545 had no visible mounting, still has no visible mounting - most likely taped. Further the location makes no sense. Infoboard is for a chestnut tree. Around the location seem to be only bushes. The location further doesnt make sense: where is the hedgerow behind a few metres lawn? Only reason for this location is the cell grid, I guess.
- https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=48.09697,11.792422&z=17&pll=48.09697,11.792422 this one was mounted with nails, and the new one again with nails. But was the bord bent before? If not .... hint that it was only temporary placed to create the wayspot. Bent because of leveraging the nails out of the tree, I guess.
- https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=48.103044,11.788398&z=17&pll=48.103044,11.788398 This one is new, iirc. And again a new highlight: zip ties! Best indicator for temporary display ever. Further this board is about spruce trees. Do you see a needle tree around that location?
So back to his strange appeals:
- https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/25472/poi-taubsikasten-vaterstetten Here he reported the 2nd photoshop fake of that town. I mentioned this one already in the initial thread ...
- https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/25546/no-longer-available-indoor-swimming-pool-in-vaterstetten Don't know, whether he did this report. Noone would have ever noticed that this indoor community pool is closed now ....
- Further in the meantime the Pikachu powerbox reappeared, and afaik he wanted to report/appeal it (although it is/was one of his home wayspots) ..... and it's gone again .....
Why did he do these strange appeals?
Before all that stuff was spotted he wanted to become admin in our German wayfarer Telegram groups. After this was spotted .... he wnated to whitewash his reputation. And because Vaterstetten got a place at our blacklist of towns, that are known for lots of fakes, he wanted to have it removed from the list, I guess.
So please @NianticGiffard explain, what's your staffs oppinion about this, so that this strange farce can have an end.
Imho well done DIY things are okay. But a well done tree education trail should have a sensible route, the fitting trees next to the infoboards, well mounted, and usually its in parks or woods .... this example shows only greed, and that the faker isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier ....
Hallo, ich komme aus Vaterstetten, und kann bestätigen, dass die Tafeln alle vorhanden sind,und der Pikachu Kasten bereits entfernt wurde. bitte melden sie sich persönlich bei mir
@NianticGiffard anything for this topic?
Btw another portal picture changed, and now with another mounting ... again now the No1 indicator for non-permanent things: funny zip ties https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=48.103983,11.788313&z=17&pll=48.103983,11.788313
Hey there, @Raachermannl-ING, thanks for flagging! We have reviewed the report and have taken action on the Wayspots and the Wayfinders in accordance with our policies. Thanks for helping us maintain the quality of the Wayspots.
@NianticGiffard The Wayspots exist in any case, but there were different opinions on how they were placed. The Wayspots are still present at their fixed location. These will certainly be submitted again because of their added value.
again zip ties.
and the backgrounds of your infoboard about the chestnut tree (Rosskastanie) changed ..... and although blurry .... the tree in the background doesnt look like a chestnut tree .....
This is cringe ....
@NianticGiffard This wayspot is just as well fixed and permanent:
Based on the evidence provided, we have restored the Wayspot.
****? with zip ties?
Those signs are still not permanent. Also, they are just bound or hold by zip tiles. Sorry, but I disagree on restoring those signs. They will get removed anyways soon. If they are permanent, they wouldnt use zip tiles.
In your opinion, how should we fix them when nails damage the tree? They are permanently attached because nails would damage the tree.
I think slow is good. After the hassle of putting it up without a permit (which was a mistake by the creator), there is permission for the signs and I think that should be enough. But now to complain about the attachment, I find something very exaggerated. People complain about aluminum nails in trees (which are specially chosen for protection), then the post in the ground is not thick enough and now it is zip tiles that are not enough? Have you ever gagged your hands with it and broken your hands without a knife or pliers? Because that is the condition for the zip tiles are not permanent by being willfully broken by someone. Which, by the way, is also available for every type of post in the ground that you can turn around or nails in trees that you can pull out with the appropriate tools. We saw signs from 2 young people with a hacksaw ... so where there are destroyers, objects of any kind are not permanent. So please, as long as the signs are placed at the submitted location with permission, and not just floss or pins are confirmed. There is absolutely no problem to see here!
Update: The incident was back in October, the teenagers were caught and punished, the signs were repositioned 2 weeks later!
@NianticGiffard That should definitely be considered!
Der Punkt ist hier nicht nur die Aufhängung. Das ist nur einer von vielen Punkten. Der viel wichtigere Punkt:
Auf den Tafeln steht nun mal "Baumlehrpfad" drauf. Sind 4 Tafeln rund um des Fakers Sofa plus einzelne random in Wohngebiete eingestreute Tafeln, zueinander hunderte Meter entfernt, ein sinnvoller Lehrpfad? Nein. Das ist wie bei Pippi Langstrumpf "Ich mach mir die Welt wie sie mir gefällt" .... ein richtiger Lehrpfad sollte Anfang und Ende haben, alle Tafeln der Reihe nach leicht und logisch zu finden, ggf ausgeschildert. Anders gestaltet würde ein Loop in nem Park oder so Sinn machen ....
Zu den Aufhängungen:
Die sind jedesmal anders bei seinen Bildern. Erst steht da was in ner Astgabel, dann ist es an den Baum genagelt. Die andern Tafeln switchen von Nagel zu Kabelbinder. Dann ändert sich bei der Rosskastanie der Hintergrund. Der Baum dahinter sieht mir auch nicht nach einer Kastanie aus ..... das ist doch alles einfach ein schlechter Witz.
Zur Geschichte, was Bäumen schadet und was nicht, das ist auch ganz einfach. Egal wie man etwas an nem Baum festmacht, es muss so gemacht sein, dass es mit dem Dickenwachstum eines Baumes klarkommt. Dickenwachstum findet im Kambrium zwischen Rinde und Stamm statt. Wenn man also ne Schraube ins Holz dreht, dann kann die nicht mit nach außen wachsen, aber Nägel hingegen kann der Baum nach außen treiben. Aas klappt aber auch nicht mit jedem Nagel - es sollte ein Material sein, das nicht oxidiert (das gängigste in dem Falle ist soweit mir bekannt halt Alu, Titan geht auch, aber ist jetzt weniger verbreitet).
Also keine Ahnung, was die Pfeife hier versucht ..... es ist echt lustig mit anzusehen.
Die Krönung ist ja, dass er die Nägel an dem Pflock zu Kabelbindern ersetzt hat. Macht halt einfach null Sinn, ist nur blinder dummer Aktionismus. Und generell ..... Kabelbinder kann man doch ganz leicht lösen. Es braucht einfach nur was langes dünnes, um die Zahnung zu überbrücken (ich empfehle ne Rouladen-Nadel). Dann kannst du die Dinger binnen Sekunden lösen und sie sind (meistens) auch wiederverwertbar....
Diesen kindischen **** torpediere ich solange, bis das ganze einen sinnvollen Lehrpfad ergibt. Die beste Lösung wäre einfach die kack Tafeln in der Stadtverwaltung abzugeben und die das komplett machen zu lassen. Dann kommt hoffentlich nicht so peinlicher Mist raus .... so ist ja die einzige Priorität hier, wo unser Faker seine Pokestops haben will. Prinzipiell hab ich ja nix ggn Do-it-yourself, aber dann doch bitte wenigstens gut gemacht, auch für die Muggel.
Btw. .... der hat auch so genug Dreck am Stecken. Von Multiaccounten, Acc-Sharing bis zu pgsharp-Spoofen ist alles dabei ....
@Raachermannl-ING 1. Hast du keine Beweise das gespooft wurde,oder multiaccounts verwendet werden. Lassen wir diese Diskussionen einfach sein. Der Hintergrund ist anders,weil das Bild im Herbst gemacht wurde,und der Baum keine Blätter im Winter hat. Ausßerdem können Sie mich gerne privat kontaktieren,eonfach so grundlos Verdächtigungen auszusprechen geht mal garnicht. Pokemon ist nur ein Spiel,man muss sich nicht reinsteigern. Wie soll ich die Tafeln ihrer Meinung nach befestigen? Hat das mal ein Ende? Sie sind sicher aus dem Wayfarer Dach Forum.
ist auch nur dein Glück, dass Nia den ganzen Mist in PoGo eh nicht nennenswert verfolgt.
Können wir den Streit endlich beenden.
Mir ging es primär um die Beschwerde des Kabelbinders, dass das eben kein Kriterium sein sollte etwas wieder zu entfernen (weil nicht dauerhaft). Was den Rest der Geschichte angeht, da geb ich dir recht. Fotos, Orte, Aufhängung usw. muss definitiv passen. Da gibt definitiv keine 2 Meinungen. Ich finde es nur immer bisschen Schade ne Hexenjagt drauß zu machen. Hier gabs auch schon andere Foren-Einträge bei denen Spieler X, Spieler Y alles madig macht. Deswegen, wenn es um Fakes geht, ok ...aber nicht wenn eine Aufhängung auf die Goldwaage gelegt wird. ✌🏻
@NianticGiffard These wayspots are also permanently available, a new picture will follow as soon as they are back in the game. You can also delete old photos
I thought @Raachermannl-ING asked for your opinion at first?
BTW if the signs would be permanent, those signs would not change places all the time.
Let's take a look at the Photo of the Wayspot:
Now compare this to the photo above:
Now, with the evidence photo above, you can see that the sign moved:
So the creator must have attached the sign for the photo and taken it off later on. Now, where the signs got removed, he placed the sign again, this time on the pole.
This is just one example, but there are more:
in my opinion, there is something fishy here. The city is known for fake POIs. This "temporary" placement also seems strange.
Those signs should not exist in the Lightship network if this is temporary. So @NianticGiffard, please decide whether you want to support this kind of procedure or focus on permanent things. Because otherwise, I think I will also start to create such signs in front of my house (not on PRP, of course).
.... at least I wanted to achieve an answer, that is not copy-paste. That's why I've chosen the misc subsection, that is not intended to be used for real appeals.
I'm really confused by all this back and forth.
So a statement for player owned objects, that are foolish and maybe only temporary placed, would be nice.
Sorry for the confusion. Based on the evidence provided, we have retired the restored Wayspots. It seems clear they are being placed intentionally to create Wayspots.
@NianticGiffard How do you think the wayspots should be fixed? The wayspots are all real and were not created on purpose to be used as an advantage. Then you shouldn't submit any educational trails as wayspots, right?
The wayspot is permanent.
The photos you submitted with zip ties are not on the trees themselves so your argument does not make sense.
Guess whos back, back again
Stupid informational sign attached with zip tiles is back, tell @NianticGiffard
again, just impermanent. Also, there is at least one more sign in voting:
Nachdem ich das alles hier gelesen hab muss ich sagen, dass ich mich schämen würde hier diese fakerein auch noch als legitim zu bezeichnen.
Best one is: PokeEnton signed up for the ambassador program, because he thinks that as an Ambassador he would have an influence on his fake wayspots being accepted. 🤦 He speaks no proper English. His Wayfarer Account was already suspended twice for abuse reasons.
After he had a really bad photoshop homestop, verbally bragged several times about spoofening and playing via his friends' accounts, and he then also harassed an underage member of our german speaking Wayfarer community, I can no longer take him seriously, but instead have to warn against his machinations.
1. I no longer have any fake stops in my area. 2. My brother wrote about harassment by a minor on my mobile phone, how can I prove otherwise? 3. My boards are real and not photoshopped, how do I properly attach them? 4. This post is slowly becoming a case of bullying. Either you clarify the private, or you finally delete this post. Wayfarer shouldn't become a surface for bullying. 5. Why do I get a 30 day ban even though whiteboards are allowed?
"My boards"? Are you making them yourself, or this this some confusion in translation?
@NianticGiffard 1. I no longer have any fake stops in my area. 2. My brother (fiend) wrote about harassment by a minor on my mobile phone, how can I prove otherwise? 3. My boards are real and not photoshopped, how do I properly attach them? 4. This post is slowly becoming a case of bullying. Either you clarify the private, or you finally delete this post. Wayfarer shouldn't become a surface for bullying. 5. Why do I get a 30 day ban even though whiteboards are allowed?