Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Frequent "End of queue" Messages

HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

After a barrage of "Please retry your request", I might get another nomination or two before the fabled message comes up. But this really doesn't make any sense because there are nominations that I'm not getting that someone else does review before I even get this message, and after an hour later I'm able to review again, and maybe I'll get a handful of nominations before I get the message again.

It's like this is a trickle-down addition into queues sort of thing or that the system gives small batches each time, but I'm absolutely sure that I have not reached the end of the queue. Being told to end my review session prematurely when there are definitely many nominations and edits to go through is counterproductive.

This has been far more frequent in the last three weeks than usual, where I could review for hours on end and not have to face this issue, which leads me to believe something has changed. Could you please investigate?

5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• niktero-PGOniktero-PGO Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭✭

Read this reddit post I made with detailed explanations why and suggested fixes for this problem. This comes up a lot, you are not alone. https://www.reddit.com/r/NianticWayfarer/comments/k5ff2v/no_nominations_to_review_answers_for_most/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh yes. Perhaps I should start looking into that potential research project, I'll start making my own notes. Regarding the Reddit post three possible reasons for occurrence:

1. Everyone is currently experiencing Cupid's Span and the stupid Spider Sculpture, so this is difficult to ascertain.
    2. My reviews are the full range of 1* (from fakes, third-party photos) to the 5* shoe-ins, but I usually hover around 3 or 4 stars. The four-day cooldown seems to have been fixed, so this end of queue message usually lasts either until the next half hour or the next hour. Majority of my reviews have about a 20 second wait, perhaps I might need to extend this a tad.
    3. Sydney is an endless, but quick barrel. A lot of members of the community are usually submitting and at times also reviewing and there is no shortage of edits and photo reviews. It might be a fact that my bonus location is Tonga (which gives me nothing for x amount of months), but I'd prefer to focus on my own area and country. I'm regularly playing Ingress so the location thing should be no big.

But it just makes no sense that someone I'm reviewing with will get a lot of things that I haven't seen, and I will get a lot of things they haven't seen, then get these end of queue messages, and then continue an hour or so later and get even more things, including some others the other person has already seen. It's really weird. Of course, this all happens before a barrage of photo and edit reviews, before the "endless retry" errors.

• NorfosAlus-PGONorfosAlus-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

I second that - i know my friend has done edits but when i go into reviewing it takes me several batches till i can finally find them

• Tntnnbltn-INGTntnnbltn-ING Posts: 809 Ambassador

I have also been encountering this very frequently in recent weeks. It seems to be much more common than previously, and is stopping me from being able to do as many reviews as I used to.

I took a break from reviewing for about... 4 days? Just resting from Christmas celebrations and all that. So this evening I decided to review. It really wasn't long until I got the end of queue messages, which frankly are getting annoying now. I don't understand why you want to stagger allocations of things to review to someone, are you preventing people from having hour-long review sessions? Because you really are turning me off from reviewing, and you give me this frequent message.

I reviewed about probably nine different nominations, before it started going into photo and title/edit/location edit reviews for a while, and then the good exploring message. Please investigate.

After constantly getting end of queue messages, I changed my bonus area from Sydney, Australia, to Melbourne, Australia. That resulted in me temporarily having lots of reviews. But now that I have worked through the Melbourne reviews, I am getting frequent end of queue messages again.

My question is, why did I have to change my bonus location from Sydney to Melbourne to be able to gets these reviews? My active area is in Australia, and I already get reviews from across the country (including areas that are not my active/home/bonus areas). It makes sense that most of my reviews would be from my active area and bonus/home areas, but if I have run out of reviews in those areas then why not show me other available reviews? There evidently were nominations there, waiting to be reviewed, because when I changed my bonus location to Sydney to Melbourne I had a lot of reviews available.

It doesn't seem to make much sense on Niantic's part to have a reviewers who is willing to do reviews, and to have nominations in that person's country that are waiting reviews, but to tell the person "Superb job" and "Come back later".

Why can't the range of reviews be increased when people near the end of the queue to include all nominations in the country? That would at least be a start for addressing this issue.

• niktero-PGOniktero-PGO Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this idea of being able to expand your review area to after you hit the "end of queue" messages too often. The problem is that it could get tiring really fast and overwhelm local things. Maybe have it be a switch you can toggle on and off? Click "yes" to expand your review area if we run out of things to give you and click "no" when you get tired of this and want to focus or your new bonus area?

• Sunlitgarden-INGSunlitgarden-ING Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

Today I got the end of queue message when I logged in to review for the first time at 9 pm. I don't even remember if I reviewed yesterday but even so, not being able to review at all after at least a day definitely seems broken. My area has tons of stuff.

This is the number of reviews I have done per day. Each day I have been getting the end of queue message, which has stopped me from doing further reviewing.

25th December - 105 reviews

26th December - 100 reviews

27th December - 144 reviews (this day coincided with changing my bonus area, which briefly increased my number of nominations to review)

28th December - 94 reviews

29th December - 32 reviews

30th December - 24 reviews

31st December - 17 reviews

It is frustrating that I am prevented from doing more reviews due to various factors in the design of the Wayfarer system. As I identified in my previous post, I would be willing to review any nominations from my country, which would allow me to help clear out backlog in other areas.

I took a break from reviewing for about a day and a half. You would think that many nominations would fall into voting and it would route to me for my review.

Four.

That is the amount of nominations I had to review before I started getting the "Please retry your request" error before it gave me the "Nice work!" end of queue message. It is NOT nice work to limit how much I want to review. Two fake nominations, one location edit, and one photo review before it gave me this message.

OR is it the fact that you are penalising me for rejecting numerous things in a row as fake?! THEY ARE CLEARLY FAKE, if you wanted to review something called "hello" and it is a slanted photo of some shanty village in India with a RedMi watermark on the bottom-left, and the second one is someone's bedroom with "d. ghhah" as a title, maybe you are penalising for repeated abuse rejects? It's a pattern solely because your blasted system is routing it to me!

Something is wrong with Wayfarer. And the fact that no staff members have acknowledged it means that maybe yous don't really review or have even the slightest idea about how Wayfarer's ecosystem even works.

• NorfosAlus-PGONorfosAlus-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

@NianticGiffard @Danbocat-PGO we are waiting for it to be fixed.

This is one post back in October that mentions this issue:

Back in September 2021, I wrote this post:

I did about five hours' worth of reviewing tonight.

Now it is almost impossible to get even more than 5 or 10 minutes' worth, even if I stop reviewing for a couple of days to try and possibly "fill back up" my allocated review backlog, I just get to the so-called "end of the queue". Then 15 minutes later, I can review maybe one or a couple before I get the message again?

The system is always routing me new nominations or photos/edits to review after every consecutive "Superb job!/All done for now./Good exploring./Well done!/Nice work!" and frankly it's starting to just look like every other cooldown I get.

Come on, there has to be something wrong. I have photo submitted a year ago still coming through for approval, and a whole bunch still stuck waiting to be reviewed for some reason. I have several edits still not reaching a resolution. I would really appreciate a bottomless pit of reviews, because I really think there is a hidden backlog that the system is just trying to restrain us from reviewing such.

Posting this a month four weeks after my last post. Updating that this is still quite a big issue. My reviewing prowess is extremely limited nowadays. There are so much more things to review. I don't mind if you give me a barrage of edits and photos, as long as we know that they're all going through and being looked at/reviewed by people, that all that matters.

Please investigate. I like reviewing. There is barely any reason to stop people from having fulfilling hour-long review sessions. The thread below from a revived thread have a whole bunch of users having a similar experience and hypothesis about this issue.

Since it took you not so long to fix the issue with the frequent log outs, I don't know why you're not looking into or investigating this.

Wayfarer is not the same as it used to be months ago. The system does not allocate or queue enough reviews to create an hours-long session for reviewing anymore. On average, I would only be able to review for maybe 15 minutes or so, the longest I've reviewed recently was maybe 40 minutes but that was only after I didn't open Wayfarer for 3 or so days.

Then the system will quickly give me the following:

• Superb job! Your contributions are game-changers!
    • Well done! Come back soon when there's more to explore!
    • All done for now. See you again soon!
    • Good exploring! See you next time.

I am never all done. Photos and edits that were suggested months ago are still trickling through with acceptance emails. This morning I had a photo submitted July 24, 2021 that was just accepted now. There are so many nominations that other people have reported seeing that I have not seen still. Once nominations stop coming through, I will get a barrage of photo edits and title/description/location edits before it starts giving me this "cooldown", which is about 15-30 minutes before all of a sudden the system has more for me to review? That is a bug.

There was an adjustment in the last couple of months that does not allow an endless routing to reviews. I'd like to review, but why would you limit wayfinders from doing such for you? I am never at the end of the queue.

Whenever I get any of these messages, it is clearly fake news. I don't know why it is necessary to stop people from reviewing endlessly, you give these messages and then 15 minutes later someone can refresh their page and then they can get a whole bundle more!

I am never at the end of the queue. There are endless nominations and edits, and even the lost photos that are waiting to be reviewed! It's either the system is not allocating enough to sustain an extended period of reviewing or it is not allocating frequently enough. This was not an issue before.

Let us review to our heart's content. There are numerous edits that I haven't seen come back since 2021. There was even a location edit that was well above the 10m limit imposed in June 2020. Ancient and incomplete edits and contributions are well and truly in the system, and there is no reason to tell a wayfinder that their contributions are game-changers when you refuse to let them actually plough through. In fact, it's silly.