Are you experiencing a lot of rejections?

I've only been nominating stuff since August but reviewed thousands and have well over 65+ approvals of my waypoints. Up until recently I've only ever had three denials. I submit most of my nominations from Parks. I am getting a lot of nominations denied for no reason whatsoever. Stuff that I have nominated many times in other parks and areas that are similar and had no problems being approved 3 months ago. I've had Trail signs marked as seasonal. Rejected for low quality photos. Rejected for third-party photo. stuff that is very not accurate like someone is just throwing a dart at a board of rejection reasons. I noticed the uptick a few weeks after they started giving Pokemon go players 40 nominations. In within the last couple weeks it's been really bad. Anyone else experiencing this? It's like people are getting overwhelmed by a large amount of bad nominations and getting in a rejection Groove and just rejecting everything.

Comments

• dustinyeeaah-PGOdustinyeeaah-PGO Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where are you from? Lately some regions in germany and the adjacent countries were punished with a literal rejection wave, churches, playgrounds and so on. There have been several reports from other countries as well!

• Melherooftime-PGOMelherooftime-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭

The United States of America in the Midwest.

• I am in a similar area. I live in a neighborhood that has zero landmarks w/ no seeable gyms and, our only seeable stop is a nightmare fuel station that people are playing chicken w/ pedestrians in. To walk to any other stop is 30-40 minutes minimum. Trying to get our single recently put up sign approved has been a job.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exact opposite, ive been getting about a 70% accepted rate (for stuff that hasn't already been accepted since I put the submission in, resulting in a dupe) even things I was getting rejected before hand have started being accepted. Only things I'm struggling with are listed buildings

• ElwynGreygoose-INGElwynGreygoose-ING Posts: 244 ✭✭✭✭

Of the last 15 nominations only one was rejected and that was a cemetery Chapel so I do understand some reviewers are not going to be swayed by the fact that it's a listed building and the interior is open to the public on certain days. So no I'm not experiencing a lot of rejections.

• B00JL5YI7G-PGOB00JL5YI7G-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

A wave of rejection has arrived in Japan as well. Their Twitter is a mass-produced product that shows no trail markers. Bulletin boards do not form a community. The playset is said to be a mass-produced product. I was amazed

• Aeryle88-PGOAeryle88-PGO Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

I get my nominations accepted the majority of time.

The only rejection nightmare is for trail markers. 80% of them get rejection despites they are totally eligible. (the funniest thing is that the worst trail marker is nominate was accepted on the first try...)

Just had 10 trail marker acceptances in a row. Now I'm not saying you've done anything wrong because I don't know you and I've never seen your nominations, but it's taken me a long time and a lot of effort to get to this point. I certainly had plenty of rejections in the past. So if anyone wants any tips I'm happy to share. I just hope this doesn't sound condescending.

• Aeryle88-PGOAeryle88-PGO Posts: 440 ✭✭✭

In fact i try all what i can about trail marker.

Now i use the new nomination system to nominate trail marker more frequently, and i will use all the appels i get in the next months for them.

Some example of refused trail marker i have in my region:

And i have many other examples.

But this one was accepted (and that's only the third accepted in one year...):

• NorfosAlus-PGONorfosAlus-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

People who been saying your stuff is getting accepted please note your area as well

Yeah good point it does vary by country, my acceptances are in the UK.

• RNSaga-PGORNSaga-PGO Posts: 33 ✭✭

Haven't had a single acceptance or rejection for my 10+ nominations. Granted I've only been nominating for a month. And I guess reviewers in the middle east are scarce.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last 2 or so months I’ve had to resubmit several nominations that were rejected for nonsense reasons, including a named garden in a park, two trail markers (even when the trail itself appears on the map), and a mosaic in a church garden. This is a noticeable change from this summer/fall when I had something like 25 consecutive approvals.

I’m also in the Midwest US.

• Western Canada. Through the summer it was great, i had around an 85% acceptance rate and the handful of rejections were all longer shots I wasnt particularly upset about.

Since late fall something changed. Anything upgraded is almost immediately rejected. I've only had one Non-upgrade make it through voting in this period (our queues are horrible) and it was accepted. Others reporting similar circumstances. Morale among submitters is declining fast, especially since the bitter cold makes it substantially more difficult to renominate.

• PlutoIsSad-PGOPlutoIsSad-PGO Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

Do you get nominations to review from all over Japan? I find that maybe half are Kyushu and the rest anywhere from Okinawa to Hokkaido.

I've had a bulletin board rejected. Will use an appeal if it's rejected again. Niantic should approve it... if not then WTFRACK.

I've had great success with playsets, parks, monuments, religious water god and rice field god nominations. My gateball ground nominations are solid but in queue. Some I see are iffy because the ground isn't named or have flags or pads set out. Never had trouble with torii, shrines or temples either... and there are so many local shrines you wouldn't even know about because they are in wooded areas without huge signs.

I found a historic site about 200m from my home just by going up one of the small rural mountain roads. Where I live in Japan historical sites have tall square white poles with writing on them. Easy nominations. Locally they paint slices of a log white and paint the name of the site on it with an arrow. I'm actually shocked at the number of historical sites I've found now that I know what to look for.

I've a some rest areas in queue. Had one I upgraded rejected because they couldn't find it... like, um... look on satellite view. It's huge and right there at the beach. Upgrading brings an audience of people racing through nominations. Appealed that.

• JSteve0-INGJSteve0-ING Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭

Western United States.

I have had 36 Wayspot Nomination Decisions, 32 accept, 4 reject.

All 4 were cases that probably could pass with a little nomination improvement on my part.

• Duiomar-PGODuiomar-PGO Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine have mostly been accepted recently. Unless Niantic releases regional info on total rejections and where they occur it's hard to tell if there are rejection waves or if all of the people going through a stretch of bad luck are just commiserating.

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have about 260 accepted submissions but getting a lot of rejections with fake reasons lately.

Area plays a part in the problem but I also think Wayfarer is setup badly making the problem much worse. It feels like it only takes one or two people to reject a portal with some of the reasons (like fake or innaprolriate location) for it to get rejected and not seen by others. So if you have groups of abusers in your area/voting in your area they can affect voting easily. Just a guess at what I see as there is no other obvious patterns for fake rejections.

• Melherooftime-PGOMelherooftime-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭

For me at least my problem cleared up. Stuff is now being accepted as it once was. I don't know if there was some sort of bots running in my area or what.