What make a church/grafitti a good POI?

These days, many of the reviews I am doing are of evangelical churches. In Brazil, there is one church around every corner. Sometimes more. :) Most of them are just a door with a sign on top. Visually not much different of another business/shop. Below is a photo of a typical church I just did the review. Many others are worse then this. Many are homes turned into "churches" with a small sign to the outside wall. Personally I don't think it is a POI, a good wayspot. I was dismissing this kind of submission as not interesting, but my reputation start to slide down. I was annoyed to have to be "reeducated" over and over to do my job, for doing what I thought was right. So I decided just go with the people's will. Approve all of them. The church word to the outside make it automatically a wayspot. The same goes with store facade detail labeled as graffiti. Personally, most of the wayspots I see around in Campinas, Brazil are junk nomination. For the sake of the game everything is a possible wayspot.

What is your experience in your country?

Comments

• Nadiwereb-PGONadiwereb-PGO Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Churches (and other places of worship) are a place where a community regularly meets. They're automatically eligible unless they're fake, even if you personally don't like them.

Also, businesses are not inherently ineligible either. People in many areas have started nominating murals, graffiti etc. instead of the business itself precisely because reviewers like you automatically reject all shops and businesses, regardless of their eligibility.

• CarolFigueiraRS-PGOCarolFigueiraRS-PGO Posts: 381 Ambassador

I actually think this is a good one for Brazil standards, I have seen and approved worse, since I began reviewing I wondered if I was blind or there were always that many churches around.

• Oakes1923-PGOOakes1923-PGO Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

Yup churches are one of those things that go through without much thought. As others have mentioned unless its fake then I'd recommend approving them. They are far more often then not eligible.