When do you think the first Appeals will be processed?

Comments

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

But they have all the data from previous months, years. If they wanna start, they should start.

• TablogEimrats-PGOTablogEimrats-PGO Posts: 98 ✭✭✭

My gut instinct has been the reviewing of appeals wouldn't actually start until yesterday. When the appeals process opened, it was during the holiday season. (The stupidest time to activate the appeals process, but it is what it is.) So, I just figured nothing would be done until all the holiday breaks were over. It is now Wednesday, January 5th, 2022. So, everyone should be back in the office, and probably starting to get through their catch-up work that built up while they were off work. If my theory is correct, which it probably isn't (LOL), I gather appeal results may start coming in within a week or two. (Yes, I'm aware I'm probably being seriously delusional. LOL)

• Dam0clees-PGODam0clees-PGO Posts: 86 ✭✭

I was amazingly excited that it went live, and then as the days turned into months, I am now thinking I would have better luck with just resubmitting the original appeal(s) for the nth time and hope that the community votes on them. on a scale of 1-100 my confidence that Niantic will start going through them any time this year is about a .5 on that scale. with the new ads that are coming to pogo, it's obvious, they are more interested in making money than fixing any issues in any of their games.

• Foruncolo84-PGOForuncolo84-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

And so no one have had any response from appeals yet? Niantic doesn't start to examinate our appeals yet?

None that I have heard of, though I may be mistaken but I think someone mentioned that appeals for niantic reviewed rejections are being reviewed first but I can’t find the post that mentioned it.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,125 Ambassador

If you’ve read Wicked, think of it like animals and Animals.

You have appeals, which are where Wayfarers will post in the Invalid Wayspot Reports section of the forum, when they have a Wayspot reach “Not Accepted” as the result of Niantic Review, where it shows on Wayfarer.

You have Appeals, which are where Wayfarers will tap the “Appeal” button in Wayfarer, and type additional information and then “Submit Appeal” for Niantic to review and provide a decision.

There have been plenty of overturned appeals, but as far as we know, no overturned/completed Appeals. You cannot appeal an Appeal as far as I know, but as we haven’t seen the result of any Appeals, it’s still sort of unknown.

Niantic work on appeals as they come in via the forum posts, Niantic haven’t commented on any work done on Appeals as yet.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

the rescue-team might find them, and maybe unearth wayfarer´s google-Abus-Sheet.

• Kawhinot-INGKawhinot-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

@NianticTintino - Can we please get an update on this? Maybe with some guidance on how many have been reviewed so far? Or rough time that you think they will be processed (i.e. are they going to take a month or a year, etc.). Or just any information that gives us hope that the appeals aren't just sitting there collecting dust indefinitely?

Is there some dedicated Niantic staff working on appeals, or are the appeals just mixed into the new reviews that Niantic is currently evaluating?

It's quite frustrating to have this functionality available, and then it seems that there isn't progress made on the processing of the appeals at all, meaning it would have made more sense just to resubmit the nomination in the first place.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador

I''ll reiterate what I posted in the December AMA Discussion thread, since this thread seems more active and may be more easily seen by the Niantics among us. I apologize if you've read that thread and thus find this post redundant.

Appeals - all that's been said about them is that you're going to keep doing what you're doing for six months. My question is - what are you doing? Have you processed any appeals at all? Have you added additional staff to handle the influx of appeals? I don't have much to appeal so I have no idea - has the appeal limit been rolled back to the stated One Every 30 Days level or are you still allowing one per day, and if so why? If you are indeed processing appeals, what is the current rate per day or per week? I know you can't comment on exactly how long it will take to get a decision on a particular appeal, since that's based on several dynamic factors. From the reports on this forum, though, I'm not certain you've gotten to anyone's appeal at all. Should we just expect six months more of inaction?

• Duiomar-PGODuiomar-PGO Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure the daily appeal bug (I assume it's a bug anyway) still hasn't been fixed, so since that's taking so long they must be completely swamped by the appeals. That said, if only one employee needs to look at an appeal to make a decision, how come none have come back? Even if they have 30 times the appeals they expected, how could they have processed 0? Are they going to drop in batches or something?

• thundercracker1-INGthundercracker1-ING Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

20 appeals in since day 1 and zero sign of anyone getting one back from Niantic.....this is disappointing :(

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

That isnt a bug. The Appeals just were meant to be daily in the beginning.

There is no need to find ̶f̶̶r̶̶e̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶a̶̶b̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶ new colleagues for tintino if he can do 1 Month worth of Appeals in a day. Niantic didnt even know how many Appeals there would be, as the whole thing came online in a time noone really noticed that.

They also havent really made it public. I doubt that there are many Appeals in their Database to find a ̶f̶̶r̶̶e̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶l̶̶a̶̶b̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶e̶̶r̶̶s̶ new employee yet

And Niantic's silence about this topic continues. 😒

• Foruncolo84-PGOForuncolo84-PGO Posts: 15 ✭✭

In your opinion, at this point, it's better to wait for appealed nominations or it's better to make a new nomination for rejected waypoints?

I’m starting to loose hope that they will even respond to our inquiries. I’ve only been reviewing to build up my upgrades so that I can resubmit the rejections, and every time it gets rejected just resubmit?

If it’s easy to resubmit them, I’ll do that.

I’ve mainly used my Appeals for things overseas that I won’t get back to any time soon.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've only appealed things now that should pass but the reviewers don't like such as listed buildings, new trail/health walk markers, play parks that have a similar one nearby and we're marked as duplicate

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,560 Ambassador

I've appealed one local thing that has been rejected multiple times (it's a rental meeting space/cabin (no sleeping quarters, just an enclosed pavilion) in a town park, sponsored by and named for a local service organization, with the organization's crest on the outside and captured in the nomination photo, with documentation including a link to the park website with names and rates for all cabins used for daytime rentals - two similar cabins from different organizations passed just fine, but this one keeps getting rejected) and a distant one between here and Massachusetts, a route I don't plan to drive until the weather that passes for spring around here finally allows distance travel. Since I'm usually blocked from submitting anything in winter due to lack of free daylight hours, I wish that the appeals were processed at some point so I don't have to waste the upgrades I'm stacking on candidates that have already been rejected in the past.

• NoctaD-PGONoctaD-PGO Posts: 128 ✭✭✭

Considering how slow they're reviewing the appeals here in the forum, I don't think those appeals in the wayfarer thing will ever be checked.

I wonder how many people work behind this forum and wayfarer thing and where are they now, also I wonder if they do this when they get home after their real jobs or if this is their one and main job.

Bumping this in the hopes of getting Niantic's attention.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a report from someone trying to appeal his rejected Pokestop, but not only the appeal got rejected, but also his account got banned and all Wayspots made by himself are removed. Not sure if he's telling the truth, but high likely after he tried to appeal a mural on a PRP in this forum.

So imo the appeal system is just like dual-edged blade; if Niantic rejected your appeal then there's a chance Niantic will look into your account, and if they found you've spammed ineligible nominations then they might ban you and remove Wayspots you've created that shouldn't be accepted at first place.

Did this part really necessary? No wonder appeals become too slow.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not have high hopes for this appeal system. Therefore, it would be faster to submit basically the same nomination.

However, there is now a distance limit for remote nominations, so I am using it to submit again good POIs that I found in my travels.

Also, this appeal system can be used to appeal old nominations.

I'm not sure if old POIs approved through appeals will count towards the Seer medal.

But I'm appealing nominations submitted before August 2015, just in case it's a possibility.

If they do count, I am looking forward to getting my Gold Medal (200) as I have 5 more to go.

• iFrankmans-INGiFrankmans-ING Posts: 268 Ambassador

Ah that would be interesting to find out if they count.

My guess is that they won't though.

It looks like that’s for an appeal for an invalid Wayspot that should never have been accepted.

If you’re nominating valid Wayspots, I don’t think there’s cause for concern, and makes sense that Niantic look to tidy up their system when possible by reviewing Wayfarer’s nominations from time to time.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think so too.

I'm thinking that it probably won't count.

But I also hope that it does count.