Why is everything declined?

I wonder how people are rating the suggestions. Everything I suggested gets rejected out of nonsense reasons! Are people actually rating in a proper way? I dont think this is fair at all.

Tagged:

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

You need to show some of your nominations with the full details, and then we can help see why they may have been rejected.

• ElwynGreygoose-INGElwynGreygoose-ING Posts: 244 ✭✭✭✭

I know this can vary from area to area, but after two years I've come to the realisation that the very définition of 'acceptable' is 'will it get accepted by reviewers', and that if I get a rejection, it's because I've done something wrong.

• mortuus-INGmortuus-ING Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

i think many are lazy just want easy points but good legit submissions should not get denied thats just sad.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't make a decision without seeing the candidates you submitted.

• MasterVader113-PGOMasterVader113-PGO Posts: 17 ✭✭

At the end of the day, this a game. So with that being said, people do need to really lighten up with how strict they rate stuff when reviewing. Anything that falls into the guidelines Niantic gave us is an easy acceptance. A lot is open to interpretation and those are simply examples given, not the only things acceptable. Example is a local eatery. It’s a community gathering spot and unique attraction to that community. So when I review, I realize I’m not part of that community so I don’t know how valuable something is. So unless it’s total **** or clearly fits into one of those unacceptable categories, I usually pass majority of things. The more people accept, the more it benefits everyone in the games. At the end of the day, this is a game and it’s not the real world.

• ZeroZeroZiete-INGZeroZeroZiete-ING Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

yes you are right, is niantics job to do the real quality control in the end, however beware now, the classic -ing guys will spam disagree in you, i foreseen it

• over the time I have submitted a couple of stops. Did not know how this works until now.

I mean I knew that if some stops are too close to each other they might be considered the same, an did not really know about the process.

Now I have created an account here because I found it hard to believe that one of the stops were rejected. Sadly I’ve already appealed so I don’t know the reasons. But I saw the reasons why others were rejected and I find them to be bad. Very bad reasons. So please, say how I can give here some examples.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do agree that reviewers need to be a bit more lenient than they are just bow, there is defo a bit of snobbery when it comes to reviewing from older reviewers, but it still needs to

1. Meet eligibility criteria (which some how isn't acceptance criteria, it really should be)

2. Doesn't meet rejection criteria

• Ok. It seems I could do it:)

the first photo is of the access road. The second of the map, and the 3rd of what the pokestop should be.

I thought I submitted it some time ago, but it does not show in my history so must have failed.

so the sign I took a photo of reads

stadion comuna berevoesti

so there can be no doubt it is a stadium in the village berevoesti.

so… why was this not accepted?

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

The main problem with the nomination is that the main photo only shows a dirt road - no sign of a Football pitch or football stadium. The supporting photo is also poot, it just shows a little bit of a building rather than helping reviewers locate the Waypoint on the map.

Take a photo of the football pitch and stands as the main photo, to show without doubt this is a football stadium.

The supporting photo needs to show the stadium and some of the road leading up to it.

• ok. So I might be wrong regarding the first one. Some help with this one?

it has pedestrian access, it also is in the right location.

I will also need help with a 3rd one.

I can accept I am doing something wrong, on the other hand, I know some stories from a friend of the guy I’ve been reporting for 2 years:)) and I really hold a teeth against how wayfarer works, but… meh.

6 accounts and spoofing, 3 gyms very near to his location, 2 of them in his house.

this is besides the point since I’ve learned to live with that.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

I would improve the photo by taking it straight on and filling the frame more or less with the mural - so get onto the grassy area and try to keep the tree out of the photo if you can.

As with all murals you need to say if it has been done by a local artist and is it permanent. If you know why it’s there say so.

It looks like a little cabin of sort that it’s painted on - say what it is to remove doubts about it being a public place

The supplementary photo doesn’t show it so as a reviewer I can’t work out how the mural relates to the things in that photo.

I haven’t checked street view, but is the wall visible ? If not you would be best to make a photosphere to help the reviewer.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

@Samarahhhh-PGO A few things about the camel one...

1. That's a mural, not graffiti
    2. What the heck is going on with that supporting photo? It doesn't even show the thing you're submitting. One of your rejections was mismatched location, which means reviewers couldn't find it on street or satellite view. Use that photo to put the object in context so that reviewers can confirm the location. Also help them with this in your supporting text, maybe something like, "There is no street view and it's under tree cover, but it's in the parklet between (street) and (street)."
    3. One of the rejections was for pedestrian access. I would recommend a main photo of it without the fence featuring so prominently, and ideally straight and level rather than that those angles. You can also use your supporting text to say something like, "This appears to be fenced off but there is a public entrance at (location)" if that is true.

I just submitted another response that includes two examples of better supporting photos, but it won't show up until Niantic approves it.

Take q better main picture, it isn't showing the football pitch/stadium. Try to get w shot of the entrance, the pitch or a sign of it

As someone said, try to get the mural, or at least the building its on, into the shot. Dint mention graffiti, and maybe make a photosphere

@Samarahhhh-PGO I just looked at Google Street View. It looks like area inside the fence is accessible from the other end of the oval area. Tell reviewers that.

So many submitters waste their supporting photo with a shot that doesn't even contain the thing they are submitting... that doesn't help reviewers at all. A supporting photo that is taken so that it looks roughly like this would be good because it gives reviewers enough context to match it up with street view to confirm the location.

This angle would be even better because it shows the mural in context AND it shows that the fence is open so it's easy to walk up and touch the mural.

• I can take some snapshots.

so, I wanted that whoever rates the stop sees it written ‘stadion comuna berevosti’

stadium in short. The second photo is of the location, I think whoever reviews can get also a satellite map there so he can see it’s a stadium. The 3rd photo is to show the access.

so… why was not this stop accepted?

I’ll soon come up with my second example, of an older stop, but I am just getting used to the forum:)

@Elijustrying-ING is right about the photo in that one. When I look at that photo I see some some unidentifiable building shot at an awkward angle. The building has a sign on it but the sign isn't really legible.

It looks like you're just taking any random photo that has the candidate in it... that's a good way to get things rejected. Try to take a photo that represents the candidate as well as you possibly can-- remember that every player in every game is going to see that image when they visit the wayspot.

I recommend making an artistic decision about how best to represent the stadium. Should it be the sign? If so, take a picture of just the sign. **** it straight-on, centered in the image, legible, and filling most of the frame. Should it be the whole grandstand? If so, get a photo that makes it look like a grandstand. Whatever it is, pretend like you're creating an advertisement for the stadium. Make it look good. Photos have a lot of emotional weight, and a good one will help sell the submission while bad ones will often turn reviewers off.

If you've done your job well reviewers will look at the photo and think, "Oh, that looks like a nice stadium." If you've done an OK job reviewers will think, "Oh, that looks like a stadium." If you've done it poorly reviewers will think, "Huh. What am I looking at?"