Park Entrance Invalid or not?

I thought that park entrance was a valid proposal for a wayspot, and I thought it because in my area, normally all park had ALL their entrance as a valid wayspot...

I tried to apply several times with not success this ones that follows, please can you explain me why are they rejected? One said that the picture has not quality, the other one bad disposition of the picture...

Can the community please, explain me how to improve this nomination? Thank you for your time.

Comments

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

The park itself is eligible. If it's a large park, it's common for each entrance to the park to be accepted, but it's really a judgment call on the part of the reviewer. Without seeing how big the park is and how it's laid out (and what wayspots already exist for the park), it's difficult to comment on whether or not I would accept these nominations.

• PrincesaAlpaka-PGOPrincesaAlpaka-PGO Posts: 60 ✭✭

It is a big park it has 4 pokestops marked in red, we are asking the yellow ones that are separated from the others

• PrincesaAlpaka-PGOPrincesaAlpaka-PGO Posts: 60 ✭✭

Maybe it's not so big, but in nearest areas in my city smaller parks, have all the entrance as wayspots, this is the reason I was asking, why some similar parks have a lot of spots, and others are always refuse.

Anyway, many thanks for your help, I will ask them again maybe next time we will have the pokestop!

Have a nice day :)

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the signs look identical and, as you say, it's a small park. If one is accepted then it is likely the others will be rejected as "Duplicates" following the guidelines from Niantic.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't justify you nomination by comparing to existing waypoints. Many things were accepted in error, or were formerly allowed but now the rules have changed. It's maddening, but it's true.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

For Park Enterances, thats' what Niantic have said - "Nominated sign identical to one already accepted within a "reasonable distance" (= the Niantic fudge factor) of the existing POI sign should be rejected. I'm not justifying it based on what was accepted previously, it's going by what NianticCasey said:

NianticCasey-ING Posts: 538Niantic › admin March 2020 Accepted Answer

Hey folks,

There are a couple of considerations to make here, but in general I stand by my previous guidance: Wayspots should not be "as many locations as possible but rather unique, interesting, artistic or notable local hotspots where people could gather or learn or discover something about their community.

In order for multiple entrances to the same park to be considered eligible, they would need to be either unique and differentiate-able from one another or far enough from one another to truly be independent from one another. The same sign at two different sides of a small park would not be far or unique enough to be considered separate Wayspots.