Jelly belly moved and replaced by Rustoleum distribution center

The Jelly belly and 2 other portals have all been replaced by a paint disto facility. The street sign is covered over and the building has all the signs removed. I have reported 4 times... all rejected so here are the pictures. Resistance wont report it because its a hard to reach portal, long walk and you cant park at the stop sign so they use it as an anchor.

Jelly Belly Candy Store & Tours

https://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=42.526991,-87.892492&z=17&pll=42.526991,-87.892492

Owner: Depthwish

Portal Level: 6

Portal Energy: 70%

Links: No links

Fields: No fields

Link Range: 207.36km

Mods:

VRS: Depthwish 

RS: Depthwish 

Mitigation: 95 (+5)

Resonators:

R4: 70% Depthwish

R6: 70% Depthwish

R6: 70% Depthwish

R7: 70% Depthwish

R7: 70% Depthwish

R8: 70% Depthwish

R5: 70% Depthwish

R5: 70% Depthwish

Google Maps - https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=42.526991,-87.892492

Apple Maps - http://maps.apple.com/?q=42.526991,-87.892492

Waze - http://waze.to/?navigate=yes&ll=42.526991,-87.892492

Tagged:

Comments

• djshari-INGdjshari-ING Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Resistance wont report it because its a hard to reach portal, long walk and you cant park at the stop sign so they use it as an anchor.

This is not only irrelevant and inappropriate but hypocritical.

2 other portals have all been replaced

You have shown no proof that the murals (which are INSIDE the facility) have been removed/replaced and to show photos of the outside - which they obviously weren't - is dishonest.

• RawwRs-INGRawwRs-ING Posts: 86 ✭✭

you care that much that you reported it 4 times....? geez.

• bgskyman-INGbgskyman-ING Posts: 113 ✭✭

I love how only the players from this area who DONT report the removed portals are making comments, love it!

edited January 2022

Again, hypocrisy, how long has mighty mouse been gone? You also don't know who reported what.

Good call, no one even knew it was gone because we don't look up, but Ill tell you it was only a few days because it was in the paper as being blown down by the last wind storm.

• Appeal Accepted - Thanks for the appeal, Agent. After reviewing the additional evidence provided, we’ve decided to retire the Wayspot in question.

@NianticGiffard can you tell me why the other two portals were removed? There is no proof they are gone. The new company is only leasing part of the building as a warehouse.

• I agree that this sign should be removed as a stop, @djshari-ING is correct as this is still owned by jelly belly and is leasing warehouse space to Rustollium. This user provides no evidence on the other two but demands them to be removed.

there are no signs that Jelly belly owns or leases anything, Jelly Belly is gone and the sign is gone, a new business occupies the space and it has its signs up as a different company and per Niantic portal guidelines the portals should be removed and if they exist, which no one can verify because it isn't jelly belly anymore and you cant take a tour, then they should be resubmitted for approval.

Incorrect - if the murals still remain inside it doesn't matter if another company is there. Plenty of murals survive and exist after changing property owners, sometimes several times. "no one can verify" people still work there and can access.

• flatmatt-PGOflatmatt-PGO Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to think I'm pretty supportive of requiring solid evidence to remove wayspots... but doesn't it seem at least a little bit reasonable to assume that the Jelly Belly-branded promotional murals inside of the former Jelly Belly business are likely to have disappeared when it was replaced by a paint distributor?

edited January 2022

It wasn't replaced, they are leasing a portion of the building. I've asked around to see if I can find someone who works there currently - I talked to a former employees and he said they should still be there unless there is drastic remodeling which he didn't think would happen when they are just using part of the building for warehouse space.

I don't know why the burden is on me to prove they are still there when they haven't been proven to be removed. And this is shady in the first place - of course he didn't show photos of those two POI because they would show they are inside and show the dishonesty of him showing photos of the outside of the building.

Again, I've seen several POI that still exist even when businesses move and properties change hands.

• Gundam95-PGOGundam95-PGO Posts: 20 ✭✭

@NianticGiffard Considering that the facility is still owned by the Jelly Bean factory, but is leasing part of the building, it's rather hasty to make pull the plug on the other portals that might still be there. Last I checked, @bgskyman-ING didn't provide proof that the murals are actually gone.

• I tend to disagree with this. When jelly belly was in the process of moving out the inventory, I went on the last tours with my kiddos (I had a feeling that COVID was going to cause this) during the question and answer section of the tour it was explained that tours would be stopped due to the expanded lease area of the warehouse by Rustolium. The only stuff that was cleared out was the perishable food and other merchandise that was not being bought due to the pandemic. Jelly belly still owns the property, as @djshari-ING has said murals and artwork from other places have survived during exchanges. I am surprised that with how thorough @bgskyman-ING is with getting supporting documentation to get things removed that those stops were not included, just a well it's not there so let's remove everything because it in a resistance area. As a pogo player I send alot of money on remote raid passes and I'm able to raid in that gym, would be a shame for it to be removed because a salty ingress player that has not done the entire legwork. I agree with the sign, it doesn't identify that it's jelly belly except for the address on the bottom.

Can someone provide proof Jelly belly owns it, there are no signs for them... I provided pictures of the new company that does use the building and either way, since they are not in the building and actually have moved to an Illinois location, you cant tour the building to see if they exist.

Here.. posted in the news.. "Jelly Belly Candy Company, a family owned and operated business, is making a strategic change in its retail operations. Jelly Belly has decided to close its Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin store and tour.

“We are incredibly thankful to the millions of visitors, the City of Pleasant Prairie and the surrounding communities for their hospitality over the past 20 years,” said Jelly Belly Vice President of Retail Operations, John Jamison.

Any current Pleasant Prairie employees impacted will be offered positions at our growing factory located in North Chicago, Illinois. The liquidation sale in Pleasant Prairie will begin on August 3, 2020. Consumers can still purchase their favorite Jelly Belly® jelly beans or any of the company’s products online at JellyBelly.com. PLEASANT PRAIRIE, Wis – Jelly Belly is leaving its Wisconsin home. WTMJ reports the warehouse located in Pleasant Prairie will move the operation to Tennessee. The California-based firm has put the Pleasant Prairie building up for sale.. everything is gone and nothing is leased as of AUG 2020!

• AnOldRo-INGAnOldRo-ING Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited January 2022

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2020/07/28/jelly-belly-closes-its-pleasant-prairie-store-and.html

The article literally says part of lease is being leased by Rust-Oleum and Jelly Belly is still occupying the rest.

"In January of this year, Vernon Hills, Illinois-based Rust-Oleum, a manufacturer of protective paints and coatings, entered into a long-term lease with Jelly Belly to lease 102,000 square feet of industrial space at the facility. Jelly Belly continued to occupy the remaining 132,000 square feet of the building with its distribution center."

@NianticGiffard do we need to open a new thread to get the portals reinstated? He clearly didn't provide any proof of the murals being removed and you can see by his pattern he's abusing the removal process. Jelly Belly still owns the building.