The Tale of Two Dance Studios

I recently nominated two dance studios in the same city that are 3.3 miles apart. I used basically the same supporting info for both which included the language:

From Niantic's new guidelines: “gyms/dance studios/etc. businesses promoting exercise need to be reviewed as a place of exercise which is an eligible spot.”

Both were upgraded.

The top one had only the reject reason of Other Rejection Criteria.

Is there anything that could have been done differently?

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

Different reviewers, some of which might not be aware of the clarification and didn't care to read your supporting info.

Given that your other one got accepted, I'd suggest simply trying again. At least you know there are some people reviewing that keep up to date with clarifications.

• PopPhenom-PGOPopPhenom-PGO Posts: 51 ✭✭

A resubmission is normally what I would do. I think I'm going to let this one play out in appeal even though it will probably take a long time.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I hope Niantic is able to take nominations that get approved on appeal and track the voters who rejected them initially and use that as voter quality assurance and identify better those who need retraining.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭

I generally put a Link to the Thread in Niantic Criteria Clarification in supporting info.

Its generally difficult to keep up with every single criteria what if and yet at same time reviewers aren't going to blindly accept when a submitter says "From Ninatic...."

So in luck of draw, you got more reviewers on accepted one that knew it was acceptible, and more skeptical and/or out of date reviewers on second.