disgusted by nominations

Niantic **** I have submitted numerous times places for stops that don't even have stops for a mile whoever approves or disapproves these obviously plays in areas that are lush and full of stops unlike my little city where I guess the only place to play is the college I give up on suggestions I cant even get full fledge stores as stops I suggest everyone else give up also I guess I just don't understand the process

Comments

• ElwynGreygoose-PGOElwynGreygoose-PGO Posts: 210 ✭✭✭

None of us really understands the process at the start. We learn by finding out what does and doesn't get accepted.

In general there are two aspects to this. Is the candidate eligible, and have we presented it correctly. If you post your nominations here in full, forum members can advise on both points.

Good luck!

• MelodyS88Chi-PGOMelodyS88Chi-PGO Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stores generally are not going to be eligible unless they hold events (such as gaming stores that host tournaments) or are otherwise unique.

I also suggest you post your nominations for input and suggestions.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭

There are 3 Core Eligible Areas.

Places to Gather

Places to Explore

Places to Exercise.

Directly say which in your supporting info you are trying for, and explain why....

"This is a place to gather becasue this restaurant is the only one in town so the whole community comes here after the local high school sports games"

"This trail is a place to explore because it's a named trail on this hiking circle"

"This statue is the town founder and is a place to explore"

• MalarjusVoynich-INGMalarjusVoynich-ING Posts: 111 ✭✭✭

Just a note: I'm trying to make the only restaurant of the town to be accepted, but it has been denied 7 times. I now appealed to Niantic hoping they would finally apply criteria :)

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭

But did you say that in your supporting info?

I am nominating this restaurant under the "Gather" Criteria. This is the only restaurant in town, and after events like football game, or local prom, the whole community comes to gather at this restaurant packing it.

Heck you can even further reinforce it with a picture of parking lot in the additinal pic view and add a sentence like "Look at this packed parking lot for a small town"

Salesmanship is important on many nominations. Sure no-brainers like Parks, Playground Equiment, Churches don't need it. But for rest you need to prove to reviewer.

I got a local bar/restaurant in on my 5th try. Had to continually play up it was the only place around that had live music and was favmous in area for live bands. But it worked. Kept tweaking my description including link to the bars facebook page until it passed

• ElwynGreygoose-PGOElwynGreygoose-PGO Posts: 210 ✭✭✭

Personally I like to see things like this "after events like football game, or local prom, the whole community comes to gather at this restaurant packing it." in the description rather than supporting information.

The reason being that not every reviewer is going to get past the description so it helps to really hit them with it there.