Rating sudden drop

Hi,

I've been reviewing a lot lately and I've noticed my rating dropped to medium. So this is my question:

Does the pending reviews qualify as a "bad" choice until the POI gets approved or rejected ?

If yes, why is that ? It doesn't encourage reviewers to keep going. If that is the case it means I have to wait for my choices to process for my rating to go back to great.

Thanks

Kya

Tagged:

Best Answers

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Undecided reviews don't count against your rating. It's about your behavior.

Interact with the page. Click the Subject (for a google). Tap some potential duplicates to enlarge them. Press the Google logo, botttom left of a map (to open a bigger map). On the location map, zoom in and out. Switch between street view, satellite view, tilt. They are tracking what you do. (This software is free - every little organization monitors how people interact with their pages.)

Don't give the exact ratings to every category all the time - judge them separately.

• MalarjusVoynich-INGMalarjusVoynich-ING Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I recently seen this thread: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/28331/is-wayfarer-broken-or-do-only-bots-review

It seems that botters auto reject things in Order to get agreements, and I can second this because someone rejected one city map that was a easy 5*

Moreover, my rating suddenly dropped too.

Maybe this botters are making our rating worse because they reject things we are accepting.

Answers

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Undecided reviews don't count against your rating. It's about your behavior.

Interact with the page. Click the Subject (for a google). Tap some potential duplicates to enlarge them. Press the Google logo, botttom left of a map (to open a bigger map). On the location map, zoom in and out. Switch between street view, satellite view, tilt. They are tracking what you do. (This software is free - every little organization monitors how people interact with their pages.)

Don't give the exact ratings to every category all the time - judge them separately.

Answer ✓

I recently seen this thread: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/28331/is-wayfarer-broken-or-do-only-bots-review

It seems that botters auto reject things in Order to get agreements, and I can second this because someone rejected one city map that was a easy 5*

Moreover, my rating suddenly dropped too.

Maybe this botters are making our rating worse because they reject things we are accepting.

• Mormegil71-INGMormegil71-ING Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

Sudden drops are often a sign that you missed a pre-reviewed nomination from Niantic. If this is what has happened, I can't tell.

I review since wayfarer rollout, I have 9630 review with a 69% agreement rate. What you are saying is surely possible but I'm skeptical :/

• KyaPower-PGOKyaPower-PGO Posts: 5 ✭✭

My rating got back up to Great. I think I got into a zone and was paying less attention to the number a stars I was giving. I took just a few more seconds to think a bit more and it went back up a few days after that.

Thanks for your insights !

• I'm also curious about this. I had a 'Great' rating for a long while. Now and again I would trigger the 24 cooldown but I would try to learn from it and change how I review moving forward. Just this last week, after not seeing the 24 lockout screen for several weeks, I triggered it twice within three days and saw my rating drop to 'Good'.

It would be nice if there was a guide for this kind of thing.

• Stultusz-INGStultusz-ING Posts: 54 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Besides potential honeypots, it seems Wayfarer takes into account your total review sample accuracy and pits it against your last X reviews.

This means that sudden spikes of reviewal - specially in slow areas and/or with players that have little reviews done so far - may indirectly affect your rating as they dilute your overall accuracy score until they're decided.

Assuming you're on the right track and there's other people reviewing in your area, after a few days/weeks it should be coming up even without reviewing.

Even though you should review throughly, there is no additional UI usage tracking done that influences this score.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

After more than 21,000 reviews and never ever having fallen out of great I got demoted to fair a few weeks ago. It happened after a sequence of egregious coal candidates where there were something like 11 in a row that were automatic rejections. they were bad... trees, an obvious fake (clip art of an airplane), stuff in people's yards, a high school, a block of mailboxes at an apartment complex...

When it happened I stopped reviewing and just recorded my stats every day. After five days I was good, and after 13 days I was back to great.

I suspect it had to do with the speed that I was reviewing. Obvious coal can be rejected easily, while solid candidates take more time to examine. It may have also been the repetition, although I typically take the time to type something in with my rejections just to blow off steam.

• ElwynGreygoose-INGElwynGreygoose-ING Posts: 244 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

I had a similar experience. Always on Great (like, for years) and suddenly dropped to Poor. This was about 4 weeks ago. I simply stopped reviewing altogether and have slowly climbed back up, now on Good.

Conclusion 1: the reward for reviewing lots is to have your rating drop to Poor.

Conclusion 2: the solution is to stop reviewing.

Is this how it's supposed to work?

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was Great for a long while but slipped to Good a few months ago, so I carefully curated my reviews to bring my approval ratings up substantially and hold Great again, then last week it collapsed to Fair. I haven’t even been reviewing very much, so I was pretty surprised to see that. But I’m still getting agreements, so…

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also have a rare occasion when my rating drops from GREAT to GOOD.

It's almost always after a series of nominations that can be immediately rejected.

In those cases, I try to stop reviewing for a bit and see what happens, but the current system seems to be too strict on review time to be wary of BOT.