Rejection Appeal

Blarney Island

42.444064,-88.16549

Antioch

USA

This portal is open for certain periods of the year and while asessible during the warm periods of the year, the water freezes over creates questionable crossing as the ice is not always thick enough to cross creating a safety liability. This portal should be removed for the winter times as one day something bad could come from agents trying to take it back over. It also creates a bad experience for players as both factions are unable to field underneath the layers. If this portal is to stand then doubling the radious like pokemon or allowing fielding within large fields should be allowed.

Tagged:

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anything changed since this request was previously rejected? Because to me it doesn't look like anything is different from how it was in November.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/25639/blarney-island

Wayspots that are closed during certain periods of the year (which applies to a lot of tourist attractions as an example) are still valid. This location has acceptable pedestrian access as some people can walk around on it some of the time.

If it's closed during winter months and you can't get to it, then that's unfortunate for you, but it's still perfectly fine for it to exist, as it is still physically there in the real world. You are responsible for your own safety when playing the games and should not attempt to trespass or endanger yourself whilst the location is closed.

I can understand that it might be a pain to play Ingress if this is being used as an anchor point for a field (and I'm assuming that despite your PGO tags that you do play Ingress because you use the word agent and mention fielding), but that is part of the strategy of the game. As soon as Blarney Island opens again, you can go and try to claim the portal for your own faction. Until then though, you're stuck, and that's sometimes how it goes. I remember opening the intel map at one point a while back and seeing my entire country covered by one massive field from the opposing faction. None of the anchors were actually in my country, so I literally couldn't do anything about it. That's just the way it is sometimes, and you have to learn to live with it.

• RawwRs-INGRawwRs-ING Posts: 86 ✭✭

"It also creates a bad experience for players as both factions are unable to field underneath the layers. If this portal is to stand then doubling the radious like pokemon or allowing fielding within large fields should be allowed."

So remove it because its used as an anchor...?

• Thanks for the appeal, @XxUSMC1775xX-PGO! We took another look at the Wayspot in question and decided that it does not meet our criteria for removal at this time.