1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.
Both games crash when uploading stored Wayfarer photos/nominations while not connected to wifi
I have come across a strange bug which appears to be in both Pokemon Go and Ingress related to the "Upload Later" functionality.
Basically, if I try to upload any saved files (Wayspot photos or nominations -- haven't tried AR scans) while not connected to wi-fi, the game will instantly freeze. It becomes non-responsive, the menu cannot be exited, and the game needs to be restarted.
- If I upload the photos/nominations over mobile data without using 'Upload Later' functionality -- it works perfectly.
- If I mark the photos/nominations as 'Upload later' and upload them over wi-fi -- it works perfectly.
- If I mark the photos/nominations as 'Upload later' and upload them over mobile data -- games crash.
The crash is 100% reproducible, on both Pokemon Go and Ingress.
I have confirmed this bug on iPhone 7 (Pokemon Go), iPhone 8 (Pokemon Go) and iPhone 13 Pro (Pokemon Go and Ingress v2.87.1). The bug occurs with my account and my partner's account. The bug has occurred over different dates at different locations.
It may be an iOS specific bug, as I asked someone over Discord to check and they said they didn't have an issue. They were on Android.
Video proof of bug in action: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z58yXbhPTIrrC_zFT-VCalECesoHtqIX/view?usp=sharing