New "match percentage" info in profile

Hello there!

I think it would be great if you could see the number of approved wayspots in percent in the profile. Currently you can only estimate how much approval you really get.

Then you could see "oh, I only have voted 30% correctly, thats why my rating is so bad"

Best regards, Luigi :-)

Tagged:

Comments

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeAllStars-ING Thanks for that! There are some useful ones in there. I love the timer because I occasionally time out on something while researching it to make a decision.

I just installed Extended Stats (and quickly uninstalled) and now I understand why people were quoting ludicrously high agreement rates in another thread. It's never going to give me or most people an accurate answer due to changes in the way Niantic has reported stats over the years.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Its based on your used Upgrades and your current %, so if you ever wasted an Upgrade, du propably wont have correct stats. Thats true.

edited February 2022

@LukeAllStars-ING Yes, but I'm pretty sure there was also a time when edit agreements counted toward upgrades but they didn't show up in your total review count. That would cause your agreement rate to be artificially high because you'd get agreements for things that weren't counted in your total reviews.

Upgrades weren't introduced until January of 2019 so anyone who reviewed before that time would not get accurate results by using the upgrade metric. And yes, a lot of my reviewing has been when I was capped on upgrades. Now I'm just racking them up and rarely using them.

To give you an idea, I have 21828 total reviews, 14212 agreements (as calculated by accepted + rejected + duplicated). I have 39 upgrades available and I've used 30.

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

Well, thats was before my time. Yes, it might be a problem. Im not completely sure how Edits are counted towards your total reviews.

• dustinyeeaah-PGOdustinyeeaah-PGO Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you ever participated in one or more Wayfarer challenges and/or got Upgrades as a reward, it will completely falsify your extended stats. For example, I was gifted 15 Upgrades from 2 Wayfarer Challenges + 1 or 2 Upgrades when there was a bug, where Upgrades were used on already accepted/rejected nominations. This plugin calculates your agreement percentage depending on how many Upgrades the user has earned. But: You can go into settings (install plugin again, scroll down to settings and change the number of "Bonus Upgrades Earned"). Well, you have to guess how many you have. But it helps to get a more logical percentage (I am at 68% percent with 17 Bonus Upgrades, 99,6% without the bonus Upgrades). Hope this helps!

@dustinyeeaah-PGO What do you get when you calculate (accepted + rejected + duplicated) / total reviews? I still think that is the most accurate stat.

• dustinyeeaah-PGOdustinyeeaah-PGO Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Calculator says 58,4%. I only have 5.3k reviews total so this stat could be better (joined Wayfarer 2 years ago) ^^ I think the plugin you mentioned earlier calculates the percentage while taking Other agreements into account, this includes the upgrades earned. The plugin is broken for every person who received Upgrades and do not knows the real amount of received upgrades through Wayfarer Challenges.

I'm curious, what percentage do you or other people have?

• peardrop-INGpeardrop-ING Posts: 34 ✭✭

So.

I've been tracking my data since 2016/17 and can confirm that there was a brief period when upgrades didn't seem to include edits - they definitely do now.

"Fortunately", I've never had an bonus upgrades, so it's pretty easy to see what's going on

Regarding duplicates, these don't seem to contribute to upgrades or agreements, from what I can tell (e.g. upgrades = accepted + rejected + edits/photos)

In addition, the ingress recon badge used to not include edits, but does now (e.g. aligned with upgrade points)

In terms of overall agreement, if I look at upgrades per reviews, it tends to wiggle around the 70% mark, but is very variable, depending on how much I've reviewed that month

I have specifically dates for when various data points became available - happy to share if anyone else would find this data useful!

This is calculated based on the stats on the profile page:

Total reviews: 21828

Total agreements: 14222

Accepted: 5750, 40.43%

Rejected: 7786, 54.75%

Duplicate: 686, 4.82%

65.15% agreement rate

One thing to keep in mind is that total reviews includes those that haven't yet reached consensus, and there's no way to figure out how many are resolved vs pending consensus. Based on an experiment I did recently where I stopped reviewing for a few months my lifetime agreement rate is about 65.6%.

• HopeaKotka-INGHopeaKotka-ING Posts: 39 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Would be great if Niantic could provide all these advanced statistics to player's profile page, so that players do not need to install third-party plugins.

Also showing all the extra and currently publicly unavailable data stats mentioned in messages above would be great, if that data is not too secret.

Profile page could also show clearly what kind of contributions contributes towards upgrades/agreements and what does not.

Post edited by HopeaKotka-ING on
  • tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

To be honest, the matching rate in the review is different from the rank, and the details are undisclosed.

I am not sure if it is really just the matching rate.

Also, considering that some wayfinders who are using unofficial plugins have been making a fuss about the Russia Challenge for more than a month before and demanding the Wayfarer team to investigate and compensate them, I wonder if the Wayfarer team will ever publish the official matching rate. ( Because of that, the Brazil Challenge that everyone was expecting turned from a global event to a local event. )