Nomination Improvement - Arbor Place Neighborhood

Hello! I recently became a lvl 38 player (yay), and wanted to get a pokestop at the front of a neighborhood I pass all the time going to/from work, running errands, AND exercising. My nomination was rejected… there is a pokestop and 2 gyms on an adjacent road, but they require driving to them and they are at gas stations… the pokestop I applied for was off a sidewalk / walking path that lots of people utilize to exercise, so I don’t really understand why it was rejected? Any experience or advice is appreciated…

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

Can you share a screenshot of your full nomination, and then we can assist.

• MelodyS88Chi-PGOMelodyS88Chi-PGO Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you mean a neighborhood or subdivision name sign, even with safe pedestrian access most are not eligible unless they are especially artistic.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

What did you mean by "less voting"? Did each Wayspots have different threshold depending to its location to reach its decision?

• Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was this resubmitted after a Niantic employee advised it meets Rejection Criteria or are the dates lining up weird on my end?

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aaron confirmed it meets rejection criteria on February 7th and @Callmechaotic-PGO's screenshots show that version of the nomination was submitted on February 8th, so yes, it looks like it was indeed resubmitted after it was confirmed to be ineligible.

@Callmechaotic-PGO I would honestly advise you to withdraw this nomination (especially given what you've typed in the description and supporting info) and try to find something else that does meet the eligibility and acceptance criteria instead.

• Callmechaotic-PGOCallmechaotic-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

Thank y’all!!! I’ll just delete my contribution and try to take a picture when the sun is out. Hopefully, I can get something worked out. I truly appreciate all of the feedback, i’m new to all of this!

In addition to your nomination just being coal (a basic sign for a subdivision), your mentioning of catching Pokémon in the description would make it ineligible even if it was an otherwise eligible POI.

edited February 2022

Taking a picture with the sun out will not help. You are nominating something that doesn't meet acceptance criteria. The best photo possible won't make it magically eligible. Coal is coal. You should not keep trying to submit a nomination even Niantic told you is ineligible.

• Xaerfaal-PGOXaerfaal-PGO Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

What she said basically covers why this has been rejected.

I would not have accepted it either because of this.

Neighborhood signs are a dime a dozen. They're too common. There is nothing ultimately interesting about them. The only time where I would make exception if it were part of an overall artwork (i.e. more than just fancy lettering).

Also, on a side note: I will be visiting close to your area, sometime this year. Mainly Augusta on the Georgian side of the river but on the SC side as well. Either way, send me a pm if you want.

Post edited by Xaerfaal-PGO on
  • Telbourn-PGOTelbourn-PGO Posts: 72 ✭✭✭

Even if you didn't mention Pokemon in the description I'd find a reason to reject that nomination purely because of the spiel in your supporting text about Pokestops and "won't somebody think of the children" statement. Thankfully there's plenty of valid reasons to reject the nomination.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,535 Ambassador
    edited February 2022

Please don't with this candidate. The only time a neighborhood sign meets criteria to be accepted is if it is of particular artistic value or the neighborhood is exceptionally historic. It was already noted by a Niantic employee to not have safe pedestrian access and I explained why. Attempts at resubmitting it could be considered abusive.

Every nomination submitted gets reviewed by fellow Wayfarers. The more candidates submitted, the slower everything moves through the system. Submitting ineligible candidates hurts everyone around - locally and even across regions.

I briefly looked around your area on Satellite. Unfortunately there doesn't look like much, but I gave you some ideas earlier on what you might find. It looks like a very residential neighborhood, though, so be careful not to submit anything on private residential property.

Post edited by Gendgi-PGO on

I appreciate everyones feedback and comments. Although a lot were negative, I understand and still appreciate the assistance. I do want to note how someone would state -“I'd find a reason to reject that nomination purely because of the spiel in your supporting text about Pokestops and "won't somebody think of the children" statement. Thankfully there's plenty of valid reasons to reject the nomination.”- That was unnecessary and flat out rude. I thought this forum was to help each other, guess not.

For clarification…

• The sign is NOT on residential property.

• There are sidewalks and places for people to congregate safely.

• I have attempted to withdraw my submission but have received error notifications.

• I have resubmitted this location to be a pokestop with images of the location in the sunlight (during the day), because I do believe this is a legitimate place that can be a pokestop.

• “Think about the children”, I did. I see people, families with small children walk past this location all the time.

• Sidewalks, safe walk ways, designated cross walks… They are there.

• Thank you to the individual that looked up this area to see the pokestops around here are scarce. It’s a struggle.

• I’m not trying to make this “abuse”, but I feel that this location DOES meet the requirements of walkways, sidewalks and the unique location of the wooden walkway over a lake.

I will not be addressing further comments. I understand that people will continue to comment on this forum, but this was more negative than positive and I will no longer be utilizing it. I was only trying to ask for assistance and feedback, but due to the nature of responses and attitudes, not worth my time or energy.

Thank you.

• WheelTrekker-INGWheelTrekker-ING Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @NianticDanbocat you might be interested on this feedback about the forum.

I will not be addressing further comments. I understand that people will continue to comment on this forum, but this was more negative than positive and I will no longer be utilizing it. I was only trying to ask for assistance and feedback, but due to the nature of responses and attitudes, not worth my time or energy.

Let's hope that the Wayfarer Ambassadors don't drive more people away.

I went back and reviewed the eligibility criteria and my submission SHOULD BE eligible now. And I know, saying it doesn’t meet the criteria was just stating facts, however, when the criteria does say, landmarks/rivers/signs/walkways/sidewalks etc. are eligible, I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issues I was having… I appreciate your reassurance and explanation, but I stand strong about this community and forum. It was extremely negative and uncalled for. You in particular, you were helping, along with maybe 2 others. I’m seriously brand new to this. So when something like this happens, I ask a question and all I get in return is negativity and slander, it makes people NOT want to be apart of it, including myself. Do all new people get treated this way? Did my submission really have “no potential”? That’s not positive, it doesn’t make me want to even continue playing this game… Yes, I did say I’d resubmit it with better images and such, because THAT’S a way to give people a better idea. I’m trying to learn, trying to help, but you can only help IMPROVE people and things by offering ways to make something better, not strike it down entirely.

I’m done. I’m not going back and withdrawing my submissions, i’m just going to delete these websites from my browser and delete the game. If this is the way people act behind the screen of Niantic, i’m not going to associate myself with this kind of audience or continue to entertain it.

This is the type of nomination that should result in the occasional Wayfarer suspensions for submitting ineligible nominations, especially since you chose to submit it yet again after being told by Niantic staff that it is ineligible.

• TheZodiac007-PGOTheZodiac007-PGO Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PkmnTrainerJ-ING wheres that coal submitters photo you shared the other day with SpongeBob & Patrick 🤣

@Callmechaotic-PGO Take everything said here & look at it in a positive way. It is all a learning experience. No one is against you here. We are all working toward a common goal here. If you ever need help with a nomination post it here & share your photo & what you think it should say if deemed acceptable. I am 100% positive everyone here would be willing to help you. It’s why we are here. Don’t take anything to heart. I promise it will ruin the forum for you if you do