Stuck on Fair rating for months.

Hi all. I've been reviewing on and off for a long time, currently at 7313 agreements,. My rating went to good about 3 months ago, as soon as I did a few reviews It dropped to fair, and has been there ever since. I do feel like there should be multiple chances to reset your rating, either that or the system needs updating to make it easier to regain a good rating, those who play ingress are reviewing for a medal and not getting agreements scoring towards it is very off-putting and alot of people including myself lose interest. I'm not reviewing badly, I have gained around 500 agreements since going to fair, I think something should be changed to help with this as it doesn't seem fair to me. I also feel like perhaps it's broken and stuck on the rating I'm on...

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,131 Ambassador

Was about to be jokingly mean and come in with a “git gud”, but I know that Shottix knows their stuff.

Hopefully it’s just stuck, I can only advise to take your time and add a comment in the box each time you reject.

• Shottix-INGShottix-ING Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

Good advice. Must admit I don't currently do that. I was worried at first it's because I will reject a Wayspot that the location can't be confirmed. Where some people give them the benefit of the doubt, which is why we are ending up with alot of fake nominations going into game 😞

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,131 Ambassador

I thought most reviewers would be in the same camp as you, so I’ll always do a photosphere if possible, for trailmarkers and stuff in the midst of woods etc.

One of my early (2018) nominations of a plaque had about 5 rejections before someone mentioned there were trees covering the location in the park and I should do a sphere. Cue me spinning around like a weirdo for a bit but it worked.

(Now have a 360 camera for it to spin instead of me)

• EenFez-PGOEenFez-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

something i have noticed cause i been dropping between good and great is if you vote down trail markers of any kind even if the photo is taken badly you will drop it score but if you give those things 5 stars in all you will rise up like crazy this is what i have noticed last 2 weeks.

i think niantic should review a bit more themselfs rather then letting this happen right now if you are no sheep in my area you will have low rating, trail marker no matter how bad the photo is there always good 😫

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of the advice that I've seen for getting out of the doghouse is to skip every review where the outcome isn't 100% certain. Also, if you get a captcha take a break or slow way down.

I recently slipped out of great for the first time ever. It happened after I got a series of about 12 in a row that were "OMG THIS IS HORRIBLE WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?" candidates. I'd also seen a few captchas along the way which makes me think they're warning flags. When my rating drop I completely stopped reviewing and just tracked my stats daily. After four days I popped back to good and after two weeks back to great. I also accumulated almost 400 more agreements during that timeframe.

I frequently fill in the text box for rejections, usually for my own entertainment. "It's a freaking stop sign... it's like you're not even trying."

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Captcha is a product Wayfarer uses, to watch activity and identify potential bots. If you're seeing Captcha more often, you are acting in a way to make Captcha think maybe you're a bot.

When I've used Captcha (for a web product), we just turned it on and didn't think about it. But there's a feature for Captcha to give feedback to the web page that uses it. IOW Captcha could tell Wayfarer that someone is acting suspiciously. I can't imagine why Wayfarer would have its own code to look for bots... when Captcha is already doing it. As far as I recall, Captcha was used when crowd-sourcing started, in 2017 - so it's unlikely any code is grandfathered.

Do different things with each nomination. Click on the subject. Click on potential duplicates. Tap the google logo, bottom left. Switch from streetview to satellite. Zoom in and out. Enter a comment.

EDIT: Your rating is more likely to go down because you didn't agree with Niantic on a Wayspot they pre-graded, then put thru the system as a test. Here's where they announced that - Paragraph starting "These measures", here:  https://nianticlabs.com/en/blog/wayfarer-checkin/ (Slang for this is "honey pots".)

• Telbourn-PGOTelbourn-PGO Posts: 72 ✭✭✭

I've noticed my rating moving between Great and Good quite often. Was consistently Great for about a year, but then couple of months ago it dropped to Good. Got it back to Great but now after doing some reviews it'll drop down to Good again. Was thinking maybe could be from selecting "Abuse" as the rejection reason as had started to use that more (and Fake Nomination) for people doing the rubbish nominations attempting to get home waypoints. Could that be a possibility? My way of reviewing hasn't changed much other than doing that.

• Shottix-INGShottix-ING Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

Thanks for this advice. Yesterday I did a little reviewing, writing in the box for everything, didn't hit capta (whatever its called) and went into good rating after not long at all. I think maybe I was going a bit too fast, albeit getting things right but looking like a bot for going a bit fast. And declining without writing in the box. Thanks again j

• MrRaffz-INGMrRaffz-ING Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

I lost about 9 months of Wayfarer interactions just like this. Niantic told they will look into it. But never heard from them again.

The problem started when I changed my gmail. So i changed back to my previous mail id and myself found a fix

• thundercracker1-INGthundercracker1-ING Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

Have been great since OPR days apart from when PoGO 1st joint the reviewer base when it took a while to stabilise, maybe dropped to good once since then....but about 2 weeks ago, dropped to good again after doing ~250 reviews then dropped to fair which it has stayed at since. I have done ~50 reviews over the last 4 days and my agreements have steadily crept up.

Edit* just gone back into Good while writing this from draft......so it seems reviewing a few each day to try and increase accuracy might be the way forward......skipping things that are borderline or POIs you don't like etc.