When do you think the first Appeals will be processed?

124»

Comments

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally agree. Take away the appeal option from those appealing obvious rubbish.

Those with a high percentage of rejected submissions should be dealt with too but needs to be part of a bigger analysis in case they are having the submissions in their area tactically rejected by Wayfarer cabals on the opposing team.

That's why I want the big data set of everything analysed so if someone gets everything they appeal accepted at the appeal stage, the system can work out if certain voters always reject stuff in a certain area or if people on one team always do the same.

Also if someone's is always rejecting trail markers as not eligible or gives 1* to location instead of 3, automate an email to them letting them know their mistake in thinking...

• thundercracker1-INGthundercracker1-ING Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

So in the last few days Appeals are flowing back to submitters. I am both surprised and overjoyed 💚💙🧡

• 0X00FF00-ING0X00FF00-ING Posts: 769 ✭✭✭✭✭

So we've gotten reports back that Niantic is finally processing the backlog of appeals. Some have even reported that they've had multiple appeals processed! Great!

Meanwhile, I followed the rules, and only submitted a single appeal per month, as was the original intent. Apparently that means I'm being punished for not being greedy @NianticTintino @NianticGiffard ?

The reports from wayfarers are also showing that the appeals are being processed "randomly" per player. As in, rather than the first appeal they submitted, and rather than the most recent appeal they submitted, they've been having something from the middle of their selections returned first. Really??

As appeals were supposed to be relatively "rare and precious", we were being very careful with our first appeal(s), making sure to prioritize the most troublesome ones that we KNEW reviewers were being too harsh on. But for those who took advantage and would appeal every rejection, that both increases Niantic's workload and reduces the likely quality of submitted appeals.

Can't reeeeeally say I'm all that surprised overall, however.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,486 Ambassador

@0X00FF00-ING

This exactly what I did.

I did conclude as others were getting in lots that this may end up problematic. So was not surprised it was going to take awhile.

I do hope ours gets cleared through before reopening.

it did irk me more that it closed down. I have others I want to submit as part of my one a month but can’t.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

My first appeal (a trail marker originally nominated 2018-02-20) was approved.

My second appeal (a sports field originally nominated 2021-03-26) has been In Voting Niantic since Wednesday March 2nd.

No other appeals have moved.

• Damastaglen-PGODamastaglen-PGO Posts: 124 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how long nominations stay in ‘In Voting Niantic’?

I have an appeal in that status since late Feb but my last appeal was overturned in less than a day.