Update from the Wayfarer cabin!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
edited February 2022 in News

Hallo allemal!

Thanks for your patience in waiting to hear from us on where we're at with our roadmap and plans. Some of us actually took a slightly longer winter break this year (well, I did) and had a ton of catching up to do in January. 2021 has been personally challenging for me during this pandemic and so I decided to take care of my mental health. I hope many of you had a chance to do so as well this past holiday season!

Anyway....besides Tintino's post about PGO Wayfarer onboarding flow updates etc, here are a few more:

Appeals

We're diving deep into reviewing your appeals starting this week. Thanks for your patience on this. We shipped the feature with our last release of 2021 in early December, which I hope has given folks enough time to choose which nomination you wanted to appeal. And we've spent the past few weeks tweaking our tooling to better support our team in reviewing your appeals, as well as training on how to make the decisions. Some of you should see decisions happening by end of this week or sooner!

Contribution Management page

We have some more updates lined up here for spring/summer. These include:

• The ability to put a nomination on HOLD. This would pull it out of the review queue and release it whenever you want. This means if you submitted a nomination that you don't feel is up to par and want to modify it, or think about whether you just want to withdraw it so that it doesn't get auto upgraded, you'll be able to buy yourself this time.
  • Also in the backlog is displaying the other types of contributions you have made in addition to your nominations. This would be title, description or location edits, or photos you've submitted for review!

Cooldowns

We are going to experiment with relaxing cooldown periods for Explorers that are in Good and Great standing. We aren't yet sure when we want to start this, but we'll let you know so that you can give us your feedback on how that's impacting your experience.

Coal

Yes - we are starting conversations internally on how we are going to help clean coal from the backlog of nominations. I don't have specific details I can share yet, but the approach is to look at what can we reliably scrub out automatically first, and longer term, tackle the more complex and sensitive decisions that are harder to automate (like fake nominations or hate speech, which can be very subtle and nuanced).

Wayfarer Challenge/Events

We're thinking of new type of events and challenges for later this year, more to come when we know what we're going to do. There are a ton of ideas being thrown around and opportunities with other launches happening within the company this year!

Finally, don't forget to follow us Twitter! I'm there posting with Tintino (as ^dc). Thanks to those of you who've already engaged with us there. Everyone is being super kind and supportive of each other and we love the new energy it's bringing to the community. We hope we can post there in multiple languages, but please be patient with us as we sort that out!

Thanks and #meetyououtthere!

-danbocat

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments