Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Changes in waypoint pictures do not sync to any niantic game

SirKingIke-PGOSirKingIke-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

I think this is a new and existing problem, kind of based on this thread from the ingress forum.

Prelude:

It started with picture appearing in PGO, but not Ingress. Then for a while new pictures synced without a problem to both games, while pictures deleted by niantic stayed on the wayspot.

Today:

No new pictures sync anymore to the games. Neither PGO, nor to Ingress. Since this problem is now appearing cross games, I'm also creating this thread.

Please note that it may be a legal matter when deleted pictures (especially the ones violating personal rights) stay visible in the games.

I will provide to examples for new pictures not syncing and also for a deleted picture not syncing. If you need more examples, please just ask, I have quite a few since im an active submitter.

Waypoint "Road to Sun", Located: 53.113682,8.896054

New photo uploaded at 21.12.201, accepted on 24.12.2012.

And as of 02.01.2022 neither PGO nor Ingress has the photo available.

PGO:

Ingress:

And as for another example of not syncing, even when niantic manually syncs/edits wayspots:

Waypoint "Neptun", Located: 53.070041,8.807763

The wayspot has/had a photo with a players face on it. It has been asked to be removed in January 2021.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/12574/bad-photo

I stumbled on this picture again, while playing and opened another topic with the request so it may be deleted.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/23582/wayspot-photo-appeal#latest

As of today, 02.01.2022, the picture is still available.

To note: I submitted a new picture at the time of the report (roughly 4 months ago), which is available in both games.

Ingress:

PGO:

5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• SirKingIke-PGOSirKingIke-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

Are there any news on this issues? Is this being acknowledged? Is this being worked on?

• SirKingIke-PGOSirKingIke-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

Hey there @NianticTintino !

Sorry for tagging, but i feel like this issue report of mine has been missed.

Are you able to provide news on this subject?

• MoiraSu420-PGOMoiraSu420-PGO Posts: 11 ✭✭

I added a photo of an updated mural (overpainted in 2016 so finally an update of the 'new' mural) and it got accepted last month, but the cover picture is still that of the old 2015 mural. The title and description are now updated in-game but now the old photo doesn't fit at all, and I have no idea how to get it removed so the new updated picture can become the new cover photo fitting with the new title/description.

• Juleswtal-PGOJuleswtal-PGO Posts: 32 ✭✭✭

Same here, I added photos to numerous stops and portals. Some have appeared while others haven't (not even in PoGo, where they have been submitted), and it's been weeks since they have been accepted..

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goto the picture and give it a thumbs up. Eventually the one with the most thumbs becomes the new picture but it doesn't happen overnight. Feels like someone randomly runs an SQL job that sorts the picture order occasionally rather than automatic.

Thats a different issue to pictures not appearing in the games at all or another where they appear in Pogo but not Ingress, unless they get a vote in pogo. Can't do that if it's not a pogo stop though so no fix there and these picture bugs have gone on way longer than the new lightship.

Niantic coders don't seem to know their *** from their elbows

The old pre 2016 cover picture had no thumbs up at all and the new ones both have one thumbs up (mine) since January 20th. Shouldn't it have been updated as cover picture by now then?

I thought maybe 'it' got confused because now two pictures have the most thumbs up (both have one), so I took away the thumb on one and now just one picture has one thumbs up (the one I hope becomes the new cover) and the other two have none.

It's just one thumbs up though, as I know of no other level 38 or up PoGo players that could come give the picture a thumbs up. But shouldn't just one do the trick?

To add to my post above; it appears just one thumb does change the order of the pictures immediately (just not the cover).

Below is first a screenshot of the order of the pictures since January 20th, when I liked both of them as soon as they got accepted into the game:

And second a screenshot of the order of the pictures since Febuary 20th, when I disliked one to favor the one on an angle which will include the deer in the round cover picture:

So it does put the one I want as cover at the top of the order, but in both cases the old pre 2016 mural picture has been at the bottom of the order in-game since January 20th, yet is still the cover picture. 😔