Wayforum threads cleanup

Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,535 Ambassador

Can a few hours of cleaning up be dedicated to the Wayforum?

I think the Challenges threads can more or less be closed, archived, or moved to the bottom of the page. "Known bugs" has a lot of issues that were resolved years ago. And a lot of pinned messages in General can be dismissed. "Appeals" category is pretty misleading, too, now that we have actual appeals. A lot of the tags are redundant, too.

@NianticTintino @NianticAtlas @NianticVK @NianticAaron @NianticDanbocat @NianticGiffard or whomever else champions this, nowadays.

Oh, and can we get new Avatar image options?

Anyone else have other thoughts?

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

It’s mentioned recently on the Ingress forums that they plan to clean up/reshuffle too, so I was hoping for the Wayfarer forums to follow suit.

We’ve been working with the Vanilla Forums to dig into the issues affecting features like upvoting threads and closing/merging threads in some areas. Once that is resolved, we will be making updates to the Ingress Community guidelines and forum structure, including archiving some of the lesser known categories/sub-communities.

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Archiving and re-organizing is a good idea, just don't delete stuff. I still remember that accidental mass deletion...

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed. I remember in the very early days of the Wayfarer forums, the majority of my early opinion pieces and posts from 2020 all got decimated. Some rearrangement would be good, no good having to scroll half-way through general discussion just to get to actual discussions.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about all those useful clarifications and comments from Niantic staff such as the "Is this a duplicate playground Waypoint" that @NianticGiffard commented on today be located, abstracted and pinned in a single "Clarifications and Answers" thread. This is something niantic team members have said is a good suggestionin the past, butsadly this has never happened.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

I feel like those kind of clarifications need to go on some kind of “News” section within Wayfarer itself as not everyone will check the forums.

A quick pop up when logging in to state that there have been some clarifications and tick here to confirm you have read them.