Feature request - Report other Wayspots while rating

Hello everyone!

While rating, I see some Wayspots in the "check for duplicate" - tab, that aren't allowed for sure.

For example some completely dark photos where you just think "who accepted this?!"

Furthermore, there are sometimes just parts of a playground an existing Wayspot, what is clearly not allowed. It would be helpful if we could report these ones while rating, because those have to be removed.

What do you think about the suggestion?

Best wishes, Luigi :-)

Comments

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well some things may have been accepted before the current criteria came out. Dark photos can be replaced with better photos if someone in the area adds a photo. Niantic doesn’t remove things unless they are on school grounds, private property, or no pedestrian access.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

The bad wayspots from 2014-15 are so few, they're hardly worth mentioning. The ones that were, have mostly been greatly edited or removed by now. People here act like there were a massive number, like it explains why so many bad wayspots are out there now. The VAST majority of bad Wayspots are from 2019 and later.

Regardless, I agree that it would be nice to report invalid wayspots seen in the duplicate section. It should be a privilege for proven reviewers only. We've seen every other aspect abused... probably not a good idea to let every newbie press every button.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

The purpose of reviewing is to review the wayspot immediately presented to you, not to spend time wondering why something else in the 'Check for Duplicates' screen exists. Also I agree with DVille a ton, everyone refers to "grandfathered" wayspots as the bane of Wayfarer's existence, but the worst wayspots that appear nowadays outweighs such.

People do too much work by reviewing in the first place, assessing an area's poor wayspots is a whole other story.