Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

Wayfarer effectively dead due to mass & random invalid rejection reasons

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's because the system will still pick 3 most frequent rejection reasons if possible (and that's the same with the previous rejection email which contain up to 3 rejection reasons as well), but the page will only show 2 out of 3 reasons each time you visit the page.

Idk if this is "Working as intended" or not.

• AgentMAenlight-INGAgentMAenlight-ING Posts: 227 Ambassador

Invalid rejections have been talked about for a long time.

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/14675/rejection-of-unreasonable-or-incorrect-reasons

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/13413/explicit-activity-rejections

However, it has not been solved.

How about narrowing down the appeal function to only invalid rejection, and investigating the reviewer that reviewed and rejected the appealed nomination?

• JellicleDana-PGOJellicleDana-PGO Posts: 39 ✭✭

On my recent rejection, I refreshed 3x and had 5 different rejection reasons show. Only 1 duplicated (seasonal).

• Recently the invalid rejections are increasing again. Many playgrounds get rejected because not historically or culturarly significant, inaccurate location (even clearly visible on the map or/and streetview) or not visually unique or on private ground. Unfortunately to appeal all these nominations will take years, seems this button is just some decoration item in here. Here some examples (I could submit much more if needed):

• fpopp21-PGOfpopp21-PGO Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

I made some nominations in the Bozen-Trento cell over the last few days and I can confirm that absurd rejections of perfectly fine candidates are much more likely than in the rest of Italy.

• Hitchhiker79-PGOHitchhiker79-PGO Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

I can confirm the behavior. I also suggested a playground last week and this suggestion was rejected relatively quickly. But only the playground all other candidates were accepted. I also noticed that a lot of playgrounds were suggested in the Munich area. I don't know if that has anything to do with the current problem, but it's weird.

• Here really everything gets rejected again. I mentionned the playgrounds before, because I do mainly playgrounds anymore. Here another playground (out of many rejections) and something else:

• Checking in for Tübingen again, since Monday the 21st I'm getting everything rejected within a das , sometimes even wirhin an hour. Mostly for cultural insignificance.

• pictop23-INGpictop23-ING Posts: 26 ✭✭

In Passau is the same Situation random rejection

• NorfosAlus-PGONorfosAlus-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

Thank you guys for being active. Hopefully Niantic can come up with an initiative to make eligible nominations accepted. Until then i'm taking a break from nominating.

• Kinoschorsch-PGOKinoschorsch-PGO Posts: 21 ✭✭

i have also stopped doing anything

Well, apparently it's starting again. Here are a few examples. Now it's about time you do something @NianticGiffard @NianticDanbocat @NianticTintino

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticGiffard if I'm allowed to give you and the team some hints, maybe you should investigate whether this massive rejection abuse and Mara abuse are related to each other.

Also, this:

So I stop at this point again my activities regarding suggestions. Again, everything is rejected with meaningless reasons. I will also recommend to our community not to make any more submissions at the moment. I do hope that Niantic will get a grip on this at some point. It sucks.

• TeresTaa-INGTeresTaa-ING Posts: 17 ✭✭

Today, the bust of one of Germany's greatest poets of the 19th century, located at her place of ****, was rejected as a wayspot for being "not historically or culturally significant". Wikipedia has information on the poet in more than 30 languages, including a picture of the bust (which was put up in the 19th century already, only 50 years after her ****). Students lern about this poet in school; her portrait was printed on the German 20-DM-banknote for decades.

When the uneducated, ignorant, dumb trolls, fakers and bots can gain majority over dedicated agents, trainers, wayfarers who do their research, suggest quality wayspots and really care, the whole voting system is broken. Wayfarer is broken.

I'd want to ask you to fix it - but I'm desillusioned whether you can, will, or even want to fix it. :(

• KingPepperFrost-INGKingPepperFrost-ING Posts: 59 ✭✭

Yeah Wayfarer's not dead this is just the way it is. I've stopped resubmitting rejected contributions and started focusing more on building my actual home area.

• xRattenfaengerx-PGOxRattenfaengerx-PGO Posts: 21 ✭✭

You can't build anything anywhere when absolutely everything gets rejected. So that's the situation over here, so you only can stop submitting or resubmit with the hope niantic does not only look at it, but also finally do something against that.

• Juleswtal-PGOJuleswtal-PGO Posts: 32 ✭✭✭

After the mass rejection wave in November/December in South Germany, it seemed that things got better and I actually got many submissions through again. Now the rejection bots seem to be back. Today and yesterday alone I received about a dozen rejections, even playgrounds, info signs, historic architecture, murals, football fields.. some even get rejected within hours (no upgrade), which either means that every legit reviewer thinks they're ineligible, or some bots just rejecting everything..

The first one, an allotment garden area, was rejected for no safe access. There is cleaely a sidewalk visible.

The second one, a playground, rejected for not visually unique. I thought these three categories do not cause rejections?? And yeah, there happen to be numerous playground in areas with apartment buildings.

Third one rejected for private ground. It's a huge historic building, even with business signs on it. Who would think that is private?

Fourth one rejected for unsafe access. It is right at a sidewalk!

Sixth rejected for nit visually unique, while there is no similar sign anywhere around..

Seventh rejected for being a person, while it is perfectly clear that the person is painted...

And so on, and so on. Honestly Niantic and @NianticDanbocat @NianticGiffard @NianticTintino , why are none of you reacting to this, or commenting, or trying to solve? This is YOUR INGAME INFRASTRUCTURE in the end! Is it so hard to ban accounts that ONLY reject? Or to make necessary improvements and changes so that situations like these cannot happen over and over again?

So many people in local groups already stopped resubmitting their rejected ideas, or submitting at all. I think you at Niantic have no idea what a huge loss this is for the game/games... I've always enjoyed contributing to the infrastructure, creating new stops, enabling new gyms and making the ingame experience more fun for everyone around. But honestly, this is not enjoyable anymore, and a huge waste of time. Do something.

• TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Not sure what this nomination is.
    2. The playground should have been accepted, but I like to know more about the nomination details themselves. There could have been some extenuating factors that caused its rejection.
    3. Clocktower is not inherently eligible or acceptable.
    4. Details lacking on the plaque. Whether it is eligible will depend on what the plaque is for.
    5. Informational board? We will need more details.
    6. Is this a sculpture? Again, we will need more details.
    7. This looks like a sticker, which would fall under mass-produced objects rejection criteria
    8. Insect hotels are not inherently eligible unless they are accompanied by an informational board.
    9. McDonald's stencil on a sidewalk. Really? This isn't remotely eligible.
    10. Colored pens could be PRP or K12 based rejection. Will need more details.
    11. Soccer field. Will need more details about its location.
    12. Same as #8
    13. Same as #8
  • TheFarix-PGOTheFarix-PGO Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

And your poof of bot reviewing is?

But you cannot claim that nominations were "wrongly rejected" and then not address whether the nominations meet the eligibility and acceptability criteria and not meet any of the rejection criteria in the first place. The two go hand-in-hand. And while some reviewers may choose random or non-sense reasons when rejecting a nomination, that doesn't mean that the rejection was wrong. Garbage nominations rejected for "wrong reasons" are still valid rejections.

And yes, I've had my fair share with arguing with people who think "other rejection criteria" is meaningless and tells the nominator nothing, and selecting another rejection reason—even if not applicable to the nomination—is far better than using that rejection reason because it at least tells the nominator "something".

• dustinyeeaah-PGOdustinyeeaah-PGO Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheFarix-PGO It's obvious to see when you look at the Level 6 cells, where the nominations have been submitted. It highly depends on where do people submit. I submit in NR02-GOLF-02 and everything is fine for me, as long as I don't use Upgrades, these are basically useless at this point. Cells that are below me are heavily affected. Waiting times have decreased heavily as well. As someone else pointed out already, they used to wait several months for a decision (without Upgrades). Now it only takes a few days. I don't think more people review, I would even think it's less than usual. What I'm thinking is, someone created a program to auto-reject almost everything and is using multiple accounts.

For your other point, it might be helpful if the rejection reasons were indeed reasonable. There are examples of Churches with 0 Wayspots around being rejected as not culturally relevant or nominations with fresh StreetView were not found. Big soccar fields are not found either. Either people are straight up dumb as ****, troll or there must be Bots. You can choose what you want more to have in this system

For reference, here is what the situation looked like in the first rejection wave: Wayfarer DACH: Ablehn-Flut - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=13efoqZnWZ4X40-KK-XxDlIOl0Wmq0BYb&hl=de&usp=sharing

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Seeing some people say their bad rejection problem had gone away but recently returned, I just wanted to say I have seen something similar myself.

I wondered if a family of bad voters had been away on holiday for a month in my nearby cells at first but seeing someone in Germany say the same seems odd.

For the last month a very high percentage of mine had been accepted, maybe 90% compared to maybe it being 50/50 or worse with bad Rejection reasons before.

Then this last week or so silly rejections and reasons seem to have crept back in. A few I could dismiss as poor/lazy voters (something that was erected after the last streetview car visit but obviously the right location due to everything else on streetview and supporting picture matching) so wondered if we were heading back towards the 50/50 random rejections with stupid rejection reasons

On a side note, I have one appeal that has been looked at so far. It was rejected 5 or so times but went through on Niantics appeal system which shows in my eyes that there are many bad voters who reject everything in my cells who need looking at m it also shows why we need more than 1 appeal a month (we currently have none) all the time these bad rejections are allowed to continue

• pictop23-INGpictop23-ING Posts: 26 ✭✭

Inaccurate or offensive Title?

• dustinyeeaah-PGOdustinyeeaah-PGO Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Es handelt sich um ein Jesuskreuz, das kannst du so in den Titel schreiben. INRI heißt übersetzt "Jesus von Nazareth, König der Juden" und hat nichts mit einem Kreuz zu tun. Kenne viele, die dafür entweder Punkte abziehen oder ablehnen würden. Ist in Wayfarer-Deutschland ein großer Irrglaube, ich habe das aber auch erst gelernt als ich in einer größeren Community davon gehört habe. Ich persönlich würde wegen INRI im Titel nicht ablehnen, aber einen Punkt abziehen. Würde ich nochmal einreichen mit geändertem Titel!

This discussion has been closed.