Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

No Ingress portal sync since Monday

Comments

• drunkencyclist-INGdrunkencyclist-ING Posts: 12 ✭✭

I have 3 portals accepted, first one being the 27th. They have not synced to the map for me either.

• EricND1989-PGOEricND1989-PGO Posts: 25 ✭✭

Two Wayspots that I know of, submitted through PoGo, have appeared in town but as others have noted, do not appear in Ingress. While fixing this newest sync issue, it seems Ingress needs more work for older approved submissions from 2021 that still have not gone through as well. At least two that I know about were approved sometime in 2021, but do not appear in PoGo because they share an L17 cell with an existing Wayspot. The only reason I know they exist is because I've seen them on the "Check for duplicates" map when voting on a new submission that is near them. I believe they were approved within the same time frame as a few other PoGo eligible Wayspots that I had to force into Ingress by thumbing up their photos sometime last summer.

I use the Ingress Intel map as a reference for my own personal PoGo map, and when it isn't updating properly, it's useless. The few remaining Ingress players in town who submit Wayspots are not going to be happy when they discover that their submissions aren't appearing in their game. And if Niantic's secret plan is to phase out Ingress entirely, at least provide PoGo with an Intel map that shows locations of stops and gyms. Can't be too difficult to produce something similar I wouldn't think. Just another idea to pass onto the game developers.

• Murakami86-INGMurakami86-ING Posts: 25 ✭✭

Still nothing? Is there an official link that they are investigating it?

• Thibasch-INGThibasch-ING Posts: 3 ✭✭

Apparently, this time, liking a photo on PoGo doesn't help to force synchronisation.

Ingress is simply off for synchronisation

• SirKingIke-PGOSirKingIke-PGO Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

I have the same problem, a few newly accepted portals but none of them have gone live in Ingress.

• PeteC303-INGPeteC303-ING Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Are you going to include the missing waypoints from last year when you introduced Lightship in the next sync. Currently have a missing waypoint that is eligible for inclusion in Ingress that has yet to appear. Also include my missing waypoints from the broken sync in December onwards. This isn't a new issue.

• Rifferr-INGRifferr-ING Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hoping for someone in Niantic replying with reasonable answer.

• Xaerfaal-PGOXaerfaal-PGO Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

Hopefully they get this fixed before April or so when I move to a new place.

• n1p0BR-INGn1p0BR-ING Posts: 19 ✭✭

I have more than 5 approved wayspot that have been approved for more than 48 hours that are not showing up in my region. Neither in Pokémon Go, nor in Ingress. :(

• NoctaD-PGONoctaD-PGO Posts: 128 ✭✭✭

I wonder what mess did they make for it to take this much time to get acknowledged and fixed. And I also wonder how many people work behind this, 1? 2? 3 people at max?

• reedekolmteist-INGreedekolmteist-ING Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

My POI was accepted on Fri, 4 Mar, 04:26 (3 days ago), still not on Intel or in the scanner.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is truly a disappointment. An entire week without new wayspots appearing in Ingress. Disappointing enough to cut off the blackened limb that is the worthless C.O.R.E. subscription since no one on the Ingress side even acknowledged this issue.

What the hell are you even doing?! Seeing new wayspots appear was such a massive motivator to go around and explore (or even re-explore new areas) around me and make contributions to wayspots while playing games along the way. Seeing this completely cease just means Wayfarer is totally useless.

I hope your first meeting with the Ambassadors actually does something for a change instead of thoughts and prayers.

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Don't worry, im sure they will have a meeting to decide what the public facing response will be and if they will get ambassadors in quick so they deflect the flack and abuse with the idea these ambassadors can pass on any discontent among players.

They will then have a meeting about this discontent where someone will give it a name, which will get voted on approved. Once they have a name for th e discontent they can formulate an email to the single someone who deals with the servers who must be on holiday in Barbados right now as no one in a normal job could let such an important part of the system not work for so long and still have a job.

Once he's back im sure he will put in a change request which will take 3 days for all the different areas to approve him rebooting a machine.

Said in jest but from a submitters point of view, it seems true. Submitters morale is very low because of all the bad rejections, ingress photo syncing problems have been there for at year, yes a year, without getting fixed and now this problem had been allowed to continue for a week so far, 6 days more than it should have much like the photo problem that is still ongoing coming up to a year and we see no fix in sight for either. So yes, submitters are not happy

• ph3d-INGph3d-ING Posts: 20 ✭✭

More than one week and still no official communication about this? C'mon Niantic.

• Tenho 6 portais aprovados que não apareceram, desses 6, apenas 2 apareceram no PkGo. Vou parar de avaliar wayspot até que seja corrigido.

• Whoab0t-PGOWhoab0t-PGO Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

Just popping in to say I also haven't had a sync since February 25. POI approved on the 24th made it in game, but anything 25th on has not. The ones eligible to show up in Pokemon Go have shown up, but nothing in Ingress.

• Xaerfaal-PGOXaerfaal-PGO Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

I totally second this. I've already had low interest recently anyway, this is killing what's left of it.

• picardemon-INGpicardemon-ING Posts: 15 ✭✭✭

I'm really disappointed that this is the 2nd in such a short time that the ingress portal sync is not working properly.

Last time we lost a lot of AP and stats and I'm afraid it will happen again.

I'm well aware that niantic doesn't do this on purpose but the motivation to keep reviewing and submitting does take a hit, again.

Really hope it gets fixed soon and we get the proper rewards, included those from last time.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

I do not intend to be angry about this as I believe this problem will be fixed in the near future and the Wayfarer team is currently working on fixing it.

I only ask that you please repair it as soon as possible.

Still, the problem is compounded by the fact that the wayspot data has not been fully integrated into the Lightship database, but is held by several location databases, including the wayspot sponsors of each app.

In particular, game-specific sponsors and sponsor-compliant specific wayspots should further complicate this issue.

Even before this issue arose, Ingress had a problem with duplicate sponsor wayspots in the same location that could have been caused by a database synchronization error that has been corrected but has not yet been fully resolved. They are still being discovered and reported to the Ingress team.

It also does not prevent nomination practices that arbitrarily take advantage of the fact that sponsorwayspots specific to each game are not visible in the Wayfarer system.

And the issue of some wayspots occurring but not showing up on IntelMap has not been completely resolved.

Therefore, after this issue is resolved, please try to consolidate all wayspot data into one database prior to the ongoing porting from the foursquare database to wayspot underpopulated areas.

Make it simple.

That is critical to the root cause of the problem.

• Gazzas89-PGOGazzas89-PGO Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sponsored waypoints are not in every game nor are they permanent, they are paid for over x amount of time qnd will eventually leave. So if someone in a different game submits it and it passes on its own merit, its a permanent waypoint instead, there's nothing wrong with that (and niantic have already said this before iirc)

@NianticGiffard any update on this? We are now over a week of no syncs

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sponsorship is not permanent. However, they can be removed from the Lightship in one lump sum when the sponsor is terminated.

Also, at least sponsor wayspots that appear in multiple games will appear in Wayfarer. The idea is to make it the same as these.

This way we will have the advantage of being able to see them at a glance when reviewing.

In fact, in Japan, there are multiple sponsors, so this will be very effective in reducing confusion.

• iFrankmans-INGiFrankmans-ING Posts: 268 Ambassador

Great I have now 10 wayspots not synced and no credit on discoverer, while I also had 10 wayspots not count for discoverer with the previous sync issues.

So are you working on solving both at once @NianticTintino ?

edited March 2022

Sorry but I disagree with you at all. For 1, sponsored waypoints are usually only sponsored for one game (specifically pokemon go) so that would be a moot point. But ignoring that, a sponsor might decide they don't want to sponsor some of their waypoints (Starbucks has done this) so what you are proposing would be even more confusing to program. Whereas, if something that is sponsored ALSO happens to be something that could be qcceptable on its own, there is no reason why it can't be submitted, reviewed and passed on its won merit so that

1. All games that can get it (cells) actually do

2. When said sponsorship does inevitably leave, the waypoint is still there.

In all honesty, having sponsored atops in the Lightship database will backfire, as it will make new reviewers and submitters think that things such as Starbucks, 7/11, jd sports etc. Are accepted as theybare on the duplicate map

Post edited by Gazzas89-PGO on
  • ap011012-INGap011012-ING Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

I confirm that this affects 8 approuved proposals that do not appear in the Intel (France). I also do not have the keys in my inventory after the validation.