2nd wave of massive rejections in Germany
We had a 1st wave of massive rejections in southern Germany during October and November 2021 out there.
What was observed back then?
- a large scaled region in southern Germany faced nearly 100% rejections, but also surrounding area was statistically significant influenced
- most effected area could be identified as 3x4 large S2 cells (so 12 S2-cells of level 6),
- due to the comparatively short timeframe of a few weeks the massive rejections were observed at candidates with comparatively short In-Voting-phase (so especially for upgraded candidates or for candidates, that are in a region with very high prioritization of the distribution algorithm)
- some people claimed, that some regions became significantly faster concerning their reviewing timescale
What happened here in the forum?
There have been at least two very big threads for this topic:
In both threads Niantic staff wrote, that they want to look into it:
There was never update posts and the bug-section-thread has still the label "new" ....
Somehow during December the rejection-spam had an end, and I guess the people were appeased due to the release of the appeal feature ...
During the last 2 weeks the thread got a revival, and again only a similar statement:
What happens now?
Nethertheless all this stuff now comes back. We have again lots of crazy rejections, but this time it seems to be not only southern Germany. At the moment we don't know much and we can't do more than collecting examples.
But since this is the 2nd time, that this happens:
- lots of expierienced reviewers quitted
- we have found either a troll, a freeloader or maybe a root of this - so there is a lot of toxic stuff going on in social media platforms right now, including threats with bot networks and threats of organized downvote for special towns
So if Nia doesnt act fast, they can sweep up the remnants of Germanys wayfarer volunteers on their own. I'd like to remind, that German wayfarers have to deal with lots of very special problems. So the stability of the wayfarer platform is weak here anyway. What I mean:
- Germany has nearly no streetview, only in big cities google started that project, but stopped it then because of some strange clauses in our laws. So reviewing is different here .... and fakers can do their business very easy ....
- all our neighbour countries (except Austria) have totally different languages, and nearly evry region in Germany has foreign reviewers in range, that usually dont understand German, and way around
These are problems, that can't be solved by Niantic. But even those, that Niantic could solve, are not adressed. So the criteria page has lots of very bad translations (for example inappropriate location and sensitive location have in Germany the same title) up to logic problems in the introduction sentence of the rejection criteria. Evrything was pointed at multiple times in this forum. Nothing happens.
Further now the ambassador programme fully neglected Central Europe. You chose someone from UK, that is not representative for our problems here. And then there is the poor guy from Ukraine, that has to deal with way worse things now ....
So pleae @NianticDanbocat @NianticTintino @NianticGiffard start to talk to the people - there are lots of possibilities: write updates to existing threads and not only excuses, create PM-threads, maybe a hidden subsection, or choose a 12th ambassador. We know, that there was at least one suitable application out there from Germany.