Wayfarer Community Day

PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,121 Ambassador

As you’re all Wayfarers, you’ll know that today is Community Day. What you may be unaware of, is that it’s Community Day across all globally released Niantic titles (Pokémon GO, Ingress and Pikmin Bloom) and this is planned to stay the same until July 2022.

If Wayfarer was involved in this joint Community Day, what would you want to see from it? Double points for reviews? 24 hour change of bonus location?

Comments

• Juleswtal-PGOJuleswtal-PGO Posts: 32 ✭✭✭

In general it is a good idea, but there need to be improvements to the whole system first. With the current issues going on, such an event would most likely do more damage to Wayfarer and nominations.

I agree that players are busy enough doing these events across differenmt games, so if implemented here, it would need to be at least for a whole weekend (48hrs), or even longer. It should also be limited to players with a specific minimum number of reviews done, or players with a "great" review appraisal, or players who have been reviewing for at least n months, to avoid further abuse of the system just to get quick upgrades.

But yeah, in general bonuses like locations switches or extra appeals sound good to me.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d like to see a badge of some sort for my preferred game. Something along the lines of a brief task list:

Submit an image update for a POI

Submit a description update for a POI

Scan a POI

Perform 50 reviews in Wayfarer

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

I personally really like having multiple game events on the same day, but that's only when they line up with the day I have available to play. I've been working all week plus watching four grandchildren, two dogs, and five chickens. I just offloaded the smallest and most high-maintenance grandchild so I have a few hours to get things done before I need to prepare for the upcoming work week! I'm pleased to be able to work on three events at once, since I can run Pikmin in the background and walk about catching a few Sandshrew (I only needed one, shiny, Kanto Sandshrew to complete the family anyway) while doing a mission banner in Ingress which is pretty much my favorite thing to do besides First Saturday. I'm pleased they didn't run multiple events on a First Saturday day, because those involve too much computer time for me as host. If I had to choose between doing the outdoor events or reviewing, I'd choose the outdoor events every time. I review at night on my computer, usually after the Rocket Bosses leave the map to enforce the games' diurnal bias.

• CarolFigueiraRS-PGOCarolFigueiraRS-PGO Posts: 381 Ambassador

I think yes but two weeks before commday, I only play pokemon but I usually play between 4 to 6 hours and it's tiring, I wouldn't want to review much in the same day, sometimes I do like 20, like yesterday since the event was bad.

• CipherBlakk-PGOCipherBlakk-PGO Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

The week/month before is a great idea (though probably 2 weeks before so as not to land on the previous Community Day). It could serve two purposes: encourage people to submit new things for the next CD, but also to encourage people on the previous CD to find something new and interesting while doing CD.

This last CD, part of my fun was looking around at my community for good submissions that hadn't been made yet. I took the photos and location info I needed while I was there and submitted when I got back home. I think a 2-week span centered on a CD might be ideal, actually. Maybe you can get 1-2 bonus upgrades if you submit in that time period, and a limited number of fast upgrades, like from 50 instead of 100. Not something too overkill, but also to encourage a short, dedicated period of review for people who don't review as much (also remove the auto-upgrade as the first step).

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with this. I'd rather the community days were all different days. Whilst playing casually it's possible to switch between the games, but a community day event is more involved and I don't like having to choose to miss out on one just so I can do a different one in a different game.

• X0bai-PGOX0bai-PGO Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It needs to be a month before Community Day”

So… it needs to be on last month’s Community Day?

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

They rotate cities for Community Day. There could be a profile setting for "Show me nominations in upcoming Community Day cities."

• Kawhinot-INGKawhinot-ING Posts: 189 ✭✭✭

Rotate cities for Community Day? For Pokemon Go?

Community Day is held globally and is not rotated by city. Did you mean something else?

• Firecloud-PGOFirecloud-PGO Posts: 55 ✭✭

Not a single location in the entire continent of Africa?

I would like to see Africa actually included for once instead of just being in the headings. I find it incredibly disappointing that it is overlooked by Niantic.

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone posted a link lately... or else I stumbled upon it... It had a list of cities. In hindsight, maybe it was just cities where Niantic bling was going to be passed out?

• niktero-PGOniktero-PGO Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they want to keep this up then since Ingress is always second Saturday ideally the wayfarer week would be the last week of the month.

• Shilfiell-INGShilfiell-ING Posts: 1,559 Ambassador

Ingress Second Sunday usually falls on a Sunday, but yep I agree that the last week of the month would be preferred if it doesn't conflict with Ingress First Saturday, which I believe is Niantic's most venerable pre-scheduled event.

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to see a special Community Day Bonus location that was only active for that day (or, preferably, a weekend) so that I could visit another location for a bit and help their queue move. The most interesting thing about Wayfarer for me is virtual tourism it would be fun to have a weekend getaway of reviewing.

• tp235-INGtp235-ING Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently, the impatient secretary at Ingress has made a lot of appointments for agents.

First Saturday (Virtual Meetup), Second Sunday (Mission), Third or Force Saturday and even the last weekend of Battle Beacon Anomaly, unidentified events, Earth Day, Eos Imprint Investigation and Summer Solstice are scheduled every week until June.

The Wayfarer team does not have a single gap in their schedule. (LOL).

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/18488/april-june-2022-events-schedule-kythera

Also, your suggestion is indeed an interesting suggestion.

However, it seems to me that a review on a specific weekend is a bit different from the nature and purpose of Wayfarer.

Therefore, I think it would be better to have a monthly task for reviewers and nominators, and upon completion of the task, a consumable passcode would be distributed for each game.

One month we would nominate a "historical site" theme, another month we would revise the title and description, another month we would correct the correct location information, and every six months or so we would hold a challenge day to spotlight a specific country, region, or continent.

We think this would be sustainable and encourage more Wayfinder participation.

Details could be discussed by the team and ambassadors.