Photo added in order to harm

EricLaFrite-INGEricLaFrite-ING Posts: 43 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Wayspot Photo Appeals

Title of the Wayspot: Tourbillons jaunes

City: GENEVA

Photos to support your claim:

I noticed new photos on some Waypoints in my neighborhood.

I don't understand how it could be validated by the community. It is not at all representative of the waypoint in question. (photo above)

This is clearly waypoint sabotage.

They are using different accounts to add thumbs on new photos.

Please delete the photos in question. As well as perhaps sanctions to stop it happening again.

Player Agent: Kassimodo

I would rather spend time playing than report this kind of behaviour.

Thank you.

Post edited by Basslord808-ING on
Tagged:

Comments

• EricLaFrite-INGEricLaFrite-ING Posts: 43 ✭✭

He was denied relocation so he submits confusing photos out of the context of the wayspot? 

I don't think that's the way to do it.

Please remove them

• 2Didch-ING2Didch-ING Posts: 25 ✭✭✭

Hello,

These pictures, taken from a few meters away, give a larger view of the real location of the wayspot and, like the other photos you make appeals for, have just been added in order to show the wayspot in a larger view, showing their real locations.

Moreover, I don't know what makes you think we use "different accounts to add thumbs on new photos" since there are currently 20, 20 and 37 thumbs on the pics you don't seem to like vs 65, 66, 67 and 105 thumbs on the other ones (out of these 4 pictures, 3 are exactly the same).

It doesn't really is a "clear waypoint sabotage" and I don't really understand why you ask for sanctions to be addressed...

Have a nice day.

• Godstar0-INGGodstar0-ING Posts: 39 ✭✭

There is clearly some drama in Geneva, but i don't see how a picture submission is doing "harm" to you?

Plus the relocation was not denied, the thread was just closed to prevent drama...

The agent you are talking about (accusing him in the forums is against rules btw) just took pictures of the wayspots which show them like everyone else sees them. This Wayspot is inside a building, so he did his best to take a representing picture of the wayspot without trespassing.

On the other hand this wayspot was submitted at the wrong position, because it would have been to close to the other wayspots on this street otherwise. (20m rule) I've seen this method being used quite a few times already.

Plus its placed in the courtyard of the fire station right now, which is definitely not a safe place to play for anyone...

edited March 2022

There is no drama

I ask that the photos be removed because several elements appear on his photos.

Unfortunately this kind of photo has been added to all the portals around.

By this same person!

Who according to the forum, asked for a relocation which was refused.

Plus its placed in the courtyard of the fire station right now, which is definitely not a safe place to play for anyone... 

There would not be a place with benches, fountains and games for children. This barracks has direct access to the main road.

It's not up to me to decide if there should be a sanction, but it's not the first time that the wayspots have moved.

Have there already been different appeals around this building that houses a player you don't like?

Wouldn't there be jealousy?

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/1288/invalid-location-edit-intentional-abuse

https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/1547/portal-edit-appeal-toboggan-des-asters

Post edited by EricLaFrite-ING on

According to the indications, it was you who made the request for relocation with the refusal of the agent Kassimodo who took the photos? 

And according to your answer justifying the photos present. I can understand that you do not want a sanction. But this is not the way to do it. You made an apea for the location, no need for a wrong photo. 

Admittedly, the appreciation of photos is personal. But in this case, I appeal to your common sense. 

You can see on these photos, several elements that have nothing to do with the wayspot (vehicle, person, and others.)

And speaking of appreciation of the photos...

I do not understand your provocations when you send a photo of you with a must of honors to an enlightened agent after having recovered a wayspot located at the top of the mountain with written on the message:

Plop! I'm disappointed, nobody asked me the brand of my magic carpet... So before you waste your time on useless reports that will add work to the Niantic Monkeys, here is a little explanation:  

(Photo with the ****.)

I hid the face and the gesture.

I wanted to make this clarification.

Please adopt a fair play attitude. I feel some harassment around his players who live in this neighborhood.

• kassimodo-INGkassimodo-ING Posts: 7 ✭✭

Dear EricLaFrite,

To reassure you: No harm is meant. This is merely a small contribution to improve the quality of wayspots.

There are multiple reasons for these photos:

1. While not the most artistic, these are pictures helping out players find the correct location of wayspots.

Looking at the map a player could think that wayspot is within the fire station courtyard but it's actually on the stree side.

2. Several players have tried to correct the position of this wayspot as mentioned by 2Dich and Greenchaos.

As none of these attempts have succeeded we hope that providing a better view of the entrance will allow the correct positioning of the portals.

3. The original photo only portrays the art piece but fails to show that this is within a private entrance for residents.

This point seems to be quite conflictual. But in my opinion a private entrance is not a valid location for a wayspot.

I'll leave this to Niantic's consideration.

I take the opportunity to note that there is here a pattern of multiple wayspots created as close as possible to a certain location.

This must clearly be to someone's advantage. And does no not contribute to the overall quality of Niantic games.

In this case more is not the better.

• Gr33nCh4oS-INGGr33nCh4oS-ING Posts: 20 ✭✭
    dear kassimodo

people on street view to find the exact location and have no need for a photo that does not respect the niantic charter and which is above all fierce against players from the opposing faction.
    as you said many requests have been made and the community has decided not to change anything even if it brings you some frustration.
    moreover, this is not the first time that you have taken this kind of photos and tried to delete/move home portals of the opposing faction and this has nothing to do with improving wayspots, otherwise how do you explain that some wayspot like "uefa headquarters" which is inaccessible and deployed as close as possible to avoid attacks not on your list to rectify?
    maybe because it is used by a member of your faction?
    you should perhaps apply to yourself what you wish to impose on others

edited March 2022

I do not understand your provocations when you send a photo of you with a must of honors to an enlightened agent after having recovered a wayspot located at the top of the mountain with written on the message:

I see that, once again, you are talking about a pic I sent in a private message to an ENL player and which was not meant to be shared any further. I also noticed that, you now try to move this appeal on a completely different ground, just to show me as a big-bad-dirty-naughty-child eater guy you try to pretend I am. You already talked about it in another topic on this forum, and I then received a salty message from a PoGo player I don't even know (I haven't even played this game for ages) and who, of course, didn't even ask me my point of view before making his own opinion. So I'm going to give my point, maybe it will help for the future: The ENL I sent the pic to and I had already been teasing each other, always in a fair manner, and this pic was nothing more than another tease. I'm pretty sure this he was not "shocked" by this pic, as he and I had never been disrespectful to each other in our messages before (and since that moment). Just teasing. And you know it. But unfortunately, he shared it with some other players who have instantly seen the opportunity to smear me. Maybe have I been to naive, maybe his "kindness" in our conversation was a "poker face", maybe have I been fooled. I don't really know. My mistake. I now know who I cannot trust.

I wanted to make this clarification.

I think you just wanted to "dirty" me.

Please adopt a fair play attitude. I feel some harassment around his players who live in this neighborhood.

About "a fair play attitude", let me kindly remind you that out of the 3 portals you reach from your home, 2 are duplicates (2 parts of the same grafiti) and are not placed at their real locations. I feel some lack of fair play by the players who live in this neighborhood.

Post edited by 2Didch-ING on
    edited March 2022

Stop changing the message you voluntarily put my location when it is strongly prohibited by the community

You are disrupting the proper functioning of this appeals which aims to remove photos from this wayspots..

The Wayspots you cite have nothing to do with this query.

That's what I said you're doing this because you have problems with players. I find your behavior not exemplary. I made absolutely no location calls. So please avoid sending this kind of photo even if you think it's good. Stop scattering in your wayspots, you are clearly showing prejudice to players out of jealousy. Your childishness tires me.

edited March 2022

So no, I don't "have problems with players" in general, but I (and all the rest of the players community, RES and ENL) have problems with players who obviously abuse with wayspot locations, and/or wayspot massively submitted until one is validated, and/or with multi-accounts created years ago for their 6 or 7 years old children and who now come to your home to show you that, maybe, the children are now old enough to play and create an account, but not inherited from a several years old account. I have problems with players who justify the fact that their young children already have an Ingress account just because "there is no blood in this game and I blocked everyone on his comm, so I don't see why my child could not have an Ingress account", deliberately violating the ToS. I have problems with this kind of players who just won't listen to my arguments and choose to threaten and insult me ​​because I don't have the same point of view about the respect of the ToS.

You find my "behavior not exemplary"? The feeling is mutual.

I want to point out to you that I have no children… My private life does not concern you

Moreover, you are completely irrelevant with your defamation. 

It's about deleting photos from Wayspots

I'll stop there if you delete what you post.

I don't see my latest comment anymore (?), and I know you don't have kids. And you know the players I was talking about for this precise point.

edited March 2022

So no, I don't "have problems with players" in general, but I (and all the rest of the players community, RES and ENL) have problems with players who obviously abuse with wayspot locations, and/or wayspot massively submitted until one is validated, and/or with multi-accounts created years ago for their 6 or 7 years old children and who now come to your home to show you that, maybe, the children are now old enough to play and create an account, but not inherited from a several years old account. I have problems with players who justify the fact that their young children already have an Ingress account just because "there is no blood in this game and I blocked everyone on his comm, so I don't see why my child could not have an Ingress account", deliberately violating the ToS. I have problems with this kind of players who just won't listen to my arguments and choose to threaten and insult me ​​because I don't have the same point of view about the respect of the ToS.

You find my "behavior not exemplary"? The feeling is mutual.

I'll let the gamemaster investigate your discussion. After all you bring no constructive element to this appeals. Just defamation

Who brought a private pic of me in this discussion? And who now speaks about defamation?

edited March 2022

It is no longer private when you send it to a player of the opposing faction with this message intended for several people around him.. To Irritated him off.

Your message containing the photo has been submitted for investigation

But again off topic.

you have no right to speak and post my children here.
    you exceed the limits by far.
    please NIA do something

I didn't mention you nor your kids, but I think your reaction says it all.

you have no right to reveal the private life of others whether it is their family circle or the place where they reside.
    this post is a photo apeal and your words have no place in it

"for their 6 or 7 years old children"

thank you for confirming that you are talking about me and my family circle

Fun fact: except you, I have never seen your family circle. Only their names on deployed resonators. Actually, when I wrote "for their 6 or 7 years old children", I thought about another player than you ^^

But thank you for confirming how old your kids actually are (or were a few years ago, when their accounts were created).

edited March 2022

You are completely irrelevant, you seek to justify your successful actions to the well-being of the players.

Have just shown us with your comments that you personally have a grudge against the person who lives in this neighborhood! You submitted his photos with malicious intent.

It might be good if you no longer have access to the wayfarer.

the subject is not there you do not have to divulge this kind of information which goes against the rules of the game and the law.

whether it's against me or any other player

In my opinion, this kind of information is important so that those who read us understand that I am not just a bad guy, stupidely angry at opponents just because they are opponents. I'm just angry at some opponents' behaviors. And creating accounts for one's kids is just one of the reasons. Submitting portals at wrong locations is another one. Abusing of both while trying to turn me into the only bad guy is the cherry on top. 

You know that this situation has been lasting for years, now, and I understand that you don't like me to "challenge your privileges".

A reasonnable and fair move from you guys would be that you clean your own mess (duplicates, wrong locations, kids' accounts), if you want to avoid other dramas on this forum if I have to do it myself.

edited March 2022

Insinuating that we are cheaters? You denounce but you do not bring any element to what you are saying. I believe it is time to end this conversation with you.

Because all your latest messages don't matter about his photos,

just slander. ✋stop pls.

On the other hand, I am willing to grant you these two photos where you can clearly see the fresco from afar. But the photo taken from the other end of the street is really not representative and misleading. We could transform it into a chocolate factory according to the photo.

you don't need anyone to show you're mean and angry you're doing just fine on your own.
    you spend your time throwing baseless accusations
    and you go beyond all rules and all civility.
    I believe that there is nothing to add your behavior and your words demonstrated the hatred that lives in you towards your opponents.
    attacking children is a disgrace.
    remember this is just a pegi 3 game and all you have to do is turn off your phone to get back to reality

• Thanks for the lively discussion on this thread. Based on the content of the discussion, I will be closing it for future comments. I appreciate your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.