April AMA - Discussion

NianticTintino-INGNianticTintino-ING Posts: 1,103 admin
edited June 2022 in General Discussion

Hello Explorers,

Our first AMA of 2022! The April AMA will start on March 21, 2022! Similar to our last AMA, this is the time for you to ask your most pressing questions about Wayfarer and vote on other questions you want answered. Once voting is done, 15 questions will be selected and sent to our team for responses.

Like last time, there will be a question submission period and a voting period. You can vote for as many questions as you want (keep in mind there’s only one vote per question). Please see the dates below: 

• Question Submission Period: 3/21/22 - 3/25/22
  • Voting Period: 3/26/22 - 3/30/22
  • Responses Posted: 4/1/22

The process for this will similar to the December AMA. There will be a new Category in the Community titled April AMA where you’ll be able to ask your question(s) as a New Discussion (as you would in any other category). Since the New Discussion can only be so long, add the topic of your question in the title. If you have a similar question or an addition to the question, please make sure you go into the discussion and add to it there. When it comes to voting, you’ll be able to vote for the question that you want answered. Keep in mind you’ll only be able to cast one vote per question and make sure your main vote is for the main question and not in the discussion. You can however, vote within the discussion is an extension of the original question is posted and you like it.

We’re looking forward to all of the questions and let me know if you have any questions in the discussion HERE

Post edited by NianticTintino-ING on
Tagged:

Comments

• TrevorAlan-PGOTrevorAlan-PGO Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, well military bases I think we are good now? At least I'm good. Minus we need the criteria and rejection details updated. Because I still have to have the conversation with people that non-operational areas are okay. As well as the other side telling people that just because you see existing cemetery nominations doesn't make them okay.

Is that what you're getting at?

• VladDraco-PGOVladDraco-PGO Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭

"non-operational areas are okay" @TrevorAlan-PGO

Agree with you, we probably don't need another clarification, but the previous has been wrongly interpreted outside US. "non-operational areas are okay...IN THE US"

Some people have tried to add nomination in bases outside of the US, which are geofenced (no Google satellite view, no Pokémon spawns, obviously no street view). ^^`

We probably don't need another clarification, but more common sense from militaries players. XD

Oh okay, that makes sense. Just had another conversation on Discord about people being mind boggled that US bases have families and children and playgrounds on them, (which is how I feel when people think US bases are just soldiers and secret, lol).

I thought the operational vs non-operational separation made sense and was worldly enough, but if we wanna get more granular with US only vs everywhere else that's cool too. lol 👍🏻

(Pokémon spawns are still blocked on US bases, even though they shouldn't be... 😞 But that's not something for Wayfarer.)

Lovely, my response comment went into moderation after I fixed a typo... just ugh. Anyways TLDR, that makes sense.

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my thought, but what's the point of AMAs anymore if @NianticDanbocat and other staffs can reply to the questions asked in Wayfarer's official Twitter account?

• B00JL5YI7G-PGOB00JL5YI7G-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

I want to know how to edit alwayspot added only to Liteship

• JP81SayGo-PGOJP81SayGo-PGO Posts: 180 ✭✭✭

It is permitted to post the URL in the support information. Is it possible to automatically add hyperlinks at that time? Wouldn't it be nice to have one so that you could make your review simpler?

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

@NianticTintino

Thanks for giving a timetable for this, and an outline of the process.

You really don’t have to wait for lots of questions about what is happening with appeals😉

A prompt communication about it separately would help, and is overdue.

• Misita23-INGMisita23-ING Posts: 60 ✭✭

Pero encuentro yo que está clarito. Deberían eliminarse. Además dice en la guía que entrada de cementerio solamente. En el caso de bases militares que no son elegibles. Aún cuando las proponen y los que no saben aceptan y es un cacho eliminarlas

• Misita23-INGMisita23-ING Posts: 60 ✭✭

Pregunta:

En qué momento el mural en una propiedad estará permitido y fuera de riesgo de ser eliminado como POI. El dueño acepta dicha nominación y Bajo este concepto, en el que el dueño aceptó el mural, pero es eliminado sin su consentimiento. ¿Es plurifamiliar pero como enviamos esa evidencia?

Por qué no podemos pedir eliminar POI en bases militares sin que el general de la base lo solicite pero el mural de una casa si es eliminado sin el consentimiento del dueño de la propiedad? Hablamos del mismo punto. Eliminar en terreno privado, pero la casa con mural si tiene permiso y en las bases militares están prohibidas las cámaras fotográficas y por consiguiente las fotografías dentro del recinto militar. Y aún así los jugadores toman fotografías y piden POI para obtener ventajas por sobre otros jugadores, lo cual también está restringido en el TOS, Y no sé castiga.

Otra pregunta:

Cuando veremos reales y rápidas eliminaciones de privilegios de wayfarer debido a abuso de wayfarer. Ejemplo, pedir POI falsos.

Otra pregunta:

¿Cuándo veremos una real limpieza de celdas en extremo manipuladas que se vuelven injugables en los diferentes juegos? (Claramente PIKMIN se salva por sus órdenes diferentes)

• Alright folks,

You can ask your questions HERE! For those of you who asked question above, please make sure to ask them in the April AMA link to have it counted and voted on :)

• Thescruffyhead-PGOThescruffyhead-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭

Did the Time of our contribution review are reduce when we have the best mark of reviewer ("super" "great" and"poor"? )

• Losifer026-INGLosifer026-ING Posts: 204 ✭✭✭✭

With Niantic overturning bad rejections like numbered sports fields in sports complexes, can we expect guidelines to be refined to be less ambiguous and contradictory about things like that? I’ve argued that they’re valid with pushback about them being numbered.

I try to check and make sure that I’m aware of clarifications, changes, or new valid things; but I still miss some from time to time. @NianticGiffard has made some of these, and they’re great; but a lot of reviewers aren’t always aware. Can we get new clarifications, changes, and criteria news posted on the login page with a checkbox to ensure people have read them before they start reviewing? Maybe a link to the forums if people have questions about them. That way people can easily stay up to date on as much as possible.

I’m sure you’re all aware of the disappointment in the community when the 20 meter bug was fixed. Reading the posts and threads it appears that the only downside to not having a 20 meter zone, in which valid nominations don’t appear in game, has been fixed in Ingress Prime. However there are a great many upsides to doing away with the 20 meter zone. This could be a big help to rural communities who have a limited number of areas in which valid POI exist, which would help them enjoy the games and recruit new players. With Ingress, recruiting and retaining a player base is very difficult in rural areas due to a limited number of POI to interact with. It also breathed fresh life into the community of people that enjoys nominating. Then there is also a potential for future possibilities in our games as well as new games with new and more diverse types of POI’s we could interact with in game; and a much bigger and complete database of POI could also be a great selling point with many more options when courting new game partnerships. Considering these things, and many others brought up by the community, will you consider doing away with the 20 meter rule?

• msz21-INGmsz21-ING Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

With the full transition of the point of interest database to Niantic Lightship, are there plans to add other content which includes the like of 3D scanned points of interest, edit contribution page, picture contribution page, and maybe a more elaborate reward system for reviewing?

While reviewing appeals, what all have you discovered, and what conclusions are you reaching that may effect or bring changes about in wayfarer? Have you been keeping track of information regarding bad rejections in order to catch abuse or find common misunderstandings of criteria that can be fixed?

• Stephyypooke-INGStephyypooke-ING Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Losifer026-ING I don’t think the questions posted in this thread will be looked at. You will need to make posts here: