2nd wave of massive rejections in Germany

Comments

• patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be the very same reason why Niantic still won't deal with a popular spoofing app named PG S****, yet because of this the spoofers still messing up with Wayspots in Sydney CBD.

One interesting thing to note that bot service is available only in Germany, the Netherlands, and Poland..., was the latter being popular because of back-to-back abuse reports that got constantly shut down?

• Xmacke7x-INGXmacke7x-ING Posts: 220 ✭✭✭✭

No, I think the same. Despite the facts already collected by the community. There would be a lot of work left for Niantic. Data has to be sorted and eveluated.

• ElwynGreygoose-INGElwynGreygoose-ING Posts: 244 ✭✭✭✭

It's easy enough to add trails to Google Maps. They take about a week to be approved. I could type out the process if you're interested. I do it sometimes for trail markers, but usually a photosphere is enough, I've found.

• Hitchhiker79-PGOHitchhiker79-PGO Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

A big thank you to @Raachermannl-ING

That would have been Niantic's work, but alright. I'll include the post in the "Report a bug"-Section but I have no hope that anything will move.

Otherwise I'm there with @rodensteiner-ING, I don't understand this non-communication on the part of Niantic either.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

Despite all reasonableness, I do have some hope Niantic acts on this as opposed to their inaction on spoofers and multi-accounters. They want to be an AR company and re-sell their Lightship database, so Wayfarer abuse hurts their future ability to make money while in-game cheating generates money for them (in Pokemon Go at least).

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

February 23, 2021

An Update on Our Recent AntiCheat Efforts

We don’t talk much about our anticheat efforts, partly because we don’t want to provide cheaters with information that can help them understand our detection mechanisms better. But, rest assured our reluctance to share is not due to a lack of effort or intent from our side.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad there's no laugh react.

The fact it's so blatant, and so many reports have no effect, and so much of it repeats again and again when they do appear to act means either 1) they have a "lack of effort or intent", or 2) they are really, really bad at it.

Not sure which conclusion is more charitable? It feels like 1 is the case to me because there are a ton of great engineers and programmers in the Bay Area. And sure, cheaters can be really smart too, but even the cheaters who don't try to hide seem to be getting away with it. Otherwise, you're telling me over the course of an entire year they tried but couldn't figure out how to stop bots from passing almost identical gas station signs and streetlights after people first started reporting the problems?

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen a lot of stuff that Niantic has done with abuse over the years, some of it chronic and some acute.

I do expect that they will address this one. I wouldn't expect them to say much until they'd taken action, though "Thank you, we're looking into it" is possible.

• Rodensteiner-PGORodensteiner-PGO Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guys, give Niantic a Bit breathing space.

• 812SuperfastAce-PGO812SuperfastAce-PGO Posts: 128 ✭✭✭

I get where you are coming from, but this issue is already 5 months ago since its adressed, it's been going on for almost half a year now..

• dustinyeeaah-PGOdustinyeeaah-PGO Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheFarix-PGO in case you are still interested in this discussion in southern germany, this is our proof of bot reviewing. The situation here is bad. The rejection reasons are not reasonable at all and I think a couple thousands nominations were wrongfully rejected. Have a read: https://community.wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/discussion/comment/148747/#Comment_148747

• BitKloepplerin-INGBitKloepplerin-ING Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

And there are even more stupid nominations on the way (also Kempten)

• LukeAllStars-INGLukeAllStars-ING Posts: 4,625 Ambassador

At least, Niantic actually did something: there are captchas added to the review process. This is at least a first nice step. Lets see how it goes.

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

There have always been occasional captchas. Unless you're referring to something new?

• SiIverLyra-PGOSiIverLyra-PGO Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

My understanding is that those have always existed as well (although I've never encountered them myself), but only pop up in specific situations.

I wonder if Niantic have triggered them (or upped their frequency?) for this area due to the new developments from this thread.

• Raachermannl-INGRaachermannl-ING Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
  • patsufredo-PGOpatsufredo-PGO Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet I'm still insulted here. 50 upgrades mean it needs at minimum 5000 reviews, and if it's done in at least 6 hours then the bots are reviewing 14 nominations per minute...

How come the bots never encounter the captcha or cooldowns?