Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

"Garbage" Wayspot: "ゲートボール場"

A Wayspot named "ゲートボール場" was approved on March 1. The latitude and longitude are 35.911018,136.178991.

Photos of this Wayspot are below.

*The yellow line and the words "Gateball field" in this photo were added by me after the fact for the purpose of this bug report.

However, this Wayspot does not show up from Niantic games (Ingress, Pokémon GO, Pikmin Bloom).

The Wayspot named "ゲートボール場" is too close to an existing portal, and there is another PokéStop in the same cell, which may be why it does not show up in games.

So I changed the location of the Wayspot to another location within the gate ball field area and applied several times, but all subsequent applications received "duplicate" results.

The reason for these decisions is that the Niantic Lightship database has a Wayspot named "ゲートボール場".

Please move the location of the "ゲートボール場" Wayspot to 35.910986,136.179025. If this is not possible, please delete this Wayspot.

If this Wayspot is removed, I can start the application over again with a different position.

Thus, I believe it is a bug that there are Wayspots that are not displayed from all Niantic games.

Tagged:
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• AgentMAenlight-INGAgentMAenlight-ING Posts: 227 Ambassador

Wayspot is displayed according to the rules of each game. This is not a bug. Also, this Wayspot exists and I think it is not removed.

• NianticGiffardNianticGiffard Posts: 9,164 admin

Hello @Agent739107-ING! It is accepted into Niantic’s Wayspot database but ineligible to join the in-game location network as it is in close proximity to already existing in-game locations. If an existing game location is removed or the criteria change, the nomination may appear in one of our game products at a later time.

If you submit the same nominations multiple times just for the fact that it is not added in any of the Niantic games or desired products, it will get duplicated. The accepted nominations which are not added to Niantic products will reflect while submitting or reviewing nominations.