Plans on how to deal with years-old nominations

noszelias-PGOnoszelias-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in April AMA - 2022

Do you have any plans on how to deal with nominationa that have been in queue/voting for years?

I personally have to upgrade every single request I do to have an answer, and knowing that I have to do between 1200 to 1500 revies for having 10 answers is just demotivating.

Post edited by NianticTintino-ING on
35 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Duiomar-PGODuiomar-PGO Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can assure you they do not

• ElizionK-PGOElizionK-PGO Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

I would love an answer to this question. I live in a POI-dense town and many trainers in my area have multiple outstanding nominations approaching two years old. (A solution to clear the rolls might be to offer submitters a free upgrade for any nomination unresolved after a year.)

• Aquablast64-PGOAquablast64-PGO Posts: 244 ✭✭✭✭

They mentioned about cleaning up the coal, but did not really say much about their game plan.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best way would be for Niantic to either a) stop accepting nominations until the reviewing scoominty clear the backlog - they have done that before or b) bite the bullet and just delete every outstanding nomination that is older than a certain date - say 1 year. I can hear the screams of outrage now, but would it really hurt? They also need to look at the amount of nominations allowed compared to the amount of reviews being made. Giving 40 nominations by default is pointless if that person never reviews anything.

• DEMorDimitrii-PGODEMorDimitrii-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

I expect that there isn't a set number of positive or negative reviews to get an acceptance or rejection. I think that the older submissions haven't achieved consensus and most of the active reviews have already voted on it. There may be an ageing issue as well.

A possible solution might be to reduce the threshold for acceptance and rejection for older submissions. Or letting the older reviews to expire and be available again. Maybe with updated criteria or more experienced reviewers consensus might be obtainable.

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it is outright coal, like for example, a photo of a face, anything where the main photo is equivalent to the supporting photo, a Pokekmon AR photo, photos that are pitch black (or... pitch red), or anything that's appeared in this thread, it should not take a round through Wayfarer collecting rejections from everyone. It should be rejected, ejected on the spot from the queue, and the Wayfinder warned. Coal never comes alone though, their close friends oil and gas also do appear so it's even more important to check whether that Wayfinder has submitted anything else, and outright reject them on the spot.

• SoulsticeSunset-PGOSoulsticeSunset-PGO Posts: 121 ✭✭✭

I get confused as to the order the nominations enter voting. I have ones waiting for months now but others I submitted days ago entered voting already.