Can Wayspot edits be processed as fast as new picture additions?

fpopp21-PGOfpopp21-PGO Posts: 47 ✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in April AMA - 2022

When I propose a new picture, it usually gets accepted within a week regardless of the region, whereas I haven't received a response on several edits for nearly two years. Now that the possibilities of abuse have substantially been curbed, it doesn't make sense to have them take such a different amount of time. Most edits are really easy to judge and should require only a small number of reviewers. Moreover, especially in large cities where thousands of players may interact with some Wayspots daily, correcting wrong information in titles and description should arguably be even more urgent than adding new Wayspots or including a new picture.

Post edited by NianticTintino-ING on
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not a global thing. Where I live, photo submissions are by far the slowest form of edit in the system. Most wayspot submissions and other edits get resolved within 2 - 4 weeks, but photo submissions can be in the system for several months.

• niktero-PGOniktero-PGO Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would edit this question to apply to just title and description edits. Photo edits have a much larger review area than even regular nominations and so they get responses faster. All other edit types have a much smaller review area than regular nominations because these edits supposedly rely on "local knowledge". The truth is that local knowledge plays no part in determining if something is spelled wrong or not capitalized and just limits the usefulness of edits entirely.

Could we please expand the review area for text edits to be equal to the current review area for photos?

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bite your tongue! Pictures AND edits AND nominations take months to years - but at least nominations and edits go through once a decision is made! Pictures often wait six months after approval, before actually appearing on portals.

This whole mess needs fixing. I don't think any Wayfarer improvement should wait months and years.