Welcome to the Bug Reporting page! Please refer to these tips when submitting new bug reports:
1. Browse the known issues section or check if another user previously posted about a similar issue.
2. Upvoting posts help us understand how many players are experiencing the bug.
3. Refer to the Best Practices to learn how to write a bug report.
4. File each issue separately if you’ve encountered multiple issues.

No Ingress portal sync since Monday

1235»

Comments

• Scallyj-INGScallyj-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭✭

Portals are not appearIng yet, is the issue still in review?

• willowitaly-INGwillowitaly-ING Posts: 88 ✭✭✭

Thank you for passing on this feedback! Seconding that the rule being reintroduced is very upsetting. I lost 10 potential portals to lightship yesterday because they were around 15-18m from another, and someone else reported last night that they were withdrawing 56 nominations because they won’t appear in ingress due to 20m proximity which has been missing from Ingress for months now.

20m proximity rule being gone made people more willing to submit things in their correct spot, and now that it’s back so many new possibilities are gone again

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now this is exactly as they planned it. The Wayfarer team acted as if they didn't know what was happening, only to do some stupid detrimental "fix" and completely ruin a lot of nominations that will now never see the light of day.

The team could have said "we are currently investigating an issue where portals are syncing within 20m of each other" and give people the heads up. Now I've lost probably probably a whole load of acceptances that will now be in the forever useless lightboat.

Now it's going back to nominations being forcibly moved into 20m range of other portals by crapola reviewers and losing them to the sinking Lightship. They stopped because portals went live anyway. But once they figure out that the rule has been reintroduced... it's back to square one again. It didn't use to be an issue in our local area because if the Wayspot ended up being approved, it would just say "too close" and there was no Lightship to feed it into. But since August, it was a very rampant thing that caused endless dupes and disappointment until the 20m rule gave way in about October/November last year, to which movements stopped happening.

It is virtually impossible to save a nomination from the Lightship. Deleting a portal currently in its place does not work, unless the "like it in Pokemon Go" trick works, but anything for our good is patched quickly while fun things like the weather effects in Pogo, Ingress latency and freezes and all that junk remains rife for months on end.

• DF0009-INGDF0009-ING Posts: 22 ✭✭

you will have to validate ALL the portals before withdrawing the 20m... because in the end it's time to go to nothing for all the players' submissions

• RandomExploit-INGRandomExploit-ING Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im wondering if the sync issue and 20m thing are related. It would be nice if Niantic could share the workflow of LightShip with forum/support staff and also us so we can all understand where issues might be.

Something simple like:

Ingress/Pogo submit POI > Added to Lightship Queue > When 'in voting amount in cell = less than 50, add from queue to 'in voting' > if reported, pass submission to Niantic queue, otherwise accept or reject when votes reach x limits > send email informing submitter of result > if accepted add to Lightship accepted database > copy accepted POI to each game server central server/database > local game process checks new POI location and compares to others nearby and filters on own rules for distance > POI too close, discarded/marked as not to be shown and all others marked as ok > at X times, copy ok POI to live database so they appear in-game

Knowing which servers and which department/who deals with each part of the game would help support staff contact the right people first in many instances.

So maybe the part that checked distance on ingress was failing, so none were marked as ok, so never appeared. Just an example as for all we know Lightship does the checking before passing on valid ones to game servers. Or maybe a the games share one central Lightship database and each POI has a flag in the DB which the games read to see if they should show it to players as reads it.

Knowing some of the workflow would be beneficial to all I think

• Agent739107-INGAgent739107-ING Posts: 49 ✭✭

Regarding Wayspot, which exists as a Pokéstop but does not appear as a portal because it is already within 20 meters of a portal, I report that I voted for a photo of this Pokéstop but it did not appear as a portal the next day.

I don't know if this behavior is correct or a glitch, as they have not published any official rules, but it seems that Ingress has made the 20m rule absolute.

• Scallyj-INGScallyj-ING Posts: 16 ✭✭✭

This is very unfortunate the 20m was reinstated, extremely disappointing, there were plenty of possibilities I submitted, that are within 20m, and as an agent that Micro fields, they are extremely helpful. I hope Niantic reevaluates this rule for Ingress and allows points of interests that are with 20m to appear in game

• P1RU5-INGP1RU5-ING Posts: 7 ✭✭

Got approved yesterday morning a submission in London after an upgrade without receive any email from the system. I'm still not able to see it yet in pokemon go, ingress or pikmin so I'm really annoyed right now. It was places in an empty cell and with more than 20 mt from the nearest wayspot. 😵‍💫😖

• We have found a few follow-ups here on the 20m rule that is already in talks in the Ingress Community forum "Release notes". I see some of you are already in active conversation with NianticThia on this matter over there.

Could you both please share the nomination title and the coordinates with me?

@NianticGiffard 

Has this bug recurred?

The new wayspot was approved on March 29 at 6am (UTC+9), and this morning the new wayspot grew as a Pokéstop in PGO, but not as a portal in ingress.

The distance from this Wayspot location to the nearest existing Wayspot is about 73m, so I do not think it is a problem with the location of the new Wayspot.

Name of the new Wayspot: トレイルマーカー(日野川緑地公園)

Latitude,Longitude: 35.902771,136.173088

Screenshot of Pokéstop: 

intel map URL: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=35.902772,136.173088&z=19

• HaramDingo-INGHaramDingo-ING Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today saw a skipped Ingress sync. A location edit did not show up and some approved portals the day before have not appeared, and are well outside 20m of many things.

• SleepyzzCat-INGSleepyzzCat-ING Posts: 37 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Same here. Seeing a skipped Ingress sync today. Let's see if sync happens tomorrow.

Edit: Synced today, March 31.

Post edited by SleepyzzCat-ING on
  • HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was also expecting to see a new wayspot in Ingress last night, but the sync didn't seem to occur.

Today in ingress was synchronized with Lightship.

Perhaps the end of the month is prone to glitches?