Live in Wayfarer 3.1 is a new set of acceptance criteria! Please browse the information in this category with caution as it is in reference to the previous review guidelines. To learn more about the new criteria, see here: https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/wayfarer/

Playgrounds in private residential complexes

Are the squares or playgrounds found in private residential complexes, with access only to residents (controlled through a gate and / or gatekeeper barrier) acceptable?

A priori I would think that they are not acceptable, and that they should be rejected because they are in a private place, in addition I doubt that the doorman will let me through if I say that I am going to catch a Pokémon or hack a portal. 

However, in my country I have seen several of this type approved, and I think it has to do with the following: reviewing in wayfarer I have seen several proposals in which the 360 ​​° photo shows the playground, but not It is enough to show that the place has access control, unless you leave the spherical photo and look for the view from the street. Thus, some reviewers, especially those who do not know the neighborhood and who are satisfied with the spherical photo, approve them.

Best Answer

Answers

• PYLrulz-PGOPYLrulz-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

The way I’ve always heard it, if it’s accessible to multiple residents, it can be considered as a POI/waypoint provided other conditions are met.

TBH, it does make me kinda meh, but unless something changed, a playground in a residential complex like you described should be eligible, provided it isn’t a playground on a single family residence.

• Gendgi-PGOGendgi-PGO Posts: 3,534 Ambassador

Outdoor and Indoor Playgrounds

• Acceptable: 
    • Playgrounds in parks and apartment complexes: accept one nomination per play area. If a Wayspot already exists for the play area, mark the individual play structures as duplicates of the play area’s Wayspot. For example, there shouldn’t be individual Wayspots for the slide and swing set within a play area, but rather one for that playground overall.
    • Play areas in freely accessible areas of a mall.
    • Not acceptable:
    • Playgrounds in schools, daycares, or children's centers
    • Play areas attached to or within 40 meters of private residences 
    • Commercial play areas; review them as you would any business

@Dialgabo-PGO this is from the Wayfarer January 2020 clarifications we received in February. Yes, apartment complex playgrounds are acceptable.

• HighBastion-PGOHighBastion-PGO Posts: 8 ✭✭

As per Niantic’s guideline, YES, It is acceptable. Approve it 5 stars!

• ChampReady-PGOChampReady-PGO Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Apartment complexes are what I think you’re referring too and those are eligible per niantic guidelines as Gendgi mentioned prior. There’s residents that’s true and it’s private but not all apartment/condo places are opposed to family/friends of residents in the area.

• Perringaiden-INGPerringaiden-ING Posts: 124 ✭✭✭

Playgrounds yes. Simple hard standings or squares? What would they be outside an apartment complex..