Photosphere

I have uploaded few photospheres on Street View but every time they got reject from Google.

I am using a Samsung S9+ and my camera should be good enough.

Any tips? :)

Tagged:

Comments

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Depending on what the submission is and where it's located it might just be easier to just take an excellent supporting photo.

• Pirite-PGOPirite-PGO Posts: 36 ✭✭

The problem is sometimes these spots are covered by huge trees etc and even with Google Satellite imagery aren't visible (places in woodlands etc)

• Hosette-INGHosette-ING Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, woodlands are what I was thinking of for "where it's located". In smaller parks a clever supporting photo can sometimes work well for stuff under trees but in woodlands you're basically relying on your ability to convince reviewers. IMO that's the primary use case for photosphers.

• Elijustrying-INGElijustrying-ING Posts: 5,482 Ambassador

Do you create a full 360 ball? Sometimes people think it is just the middle, which will get rejected and forget to do the whole sphere.

When stitched together does the photo look ok.?

The best method is to stand on a flat surface and not move. I keep my arms tucked in and twist to take the pictures- avoids moving the camera up and down or varying distance from body. Once you get the knack it becomes very straightforward to do.

Keep app open whilst it finishes stiching otherwise it can get corrupted.

I upload once home on good WiFi.

if none of this helps I’m stuck as to what is going on.

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't had photospheres rejected, but I have had them not show up in the Street View app after making them. The do appear in Google Maps for the area, though. Did you get a rejection message or did they just not appear in the app?

• Purptacular-PGOPurptacular-PGO Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭

Hello! I also have an S9+ and have been successful in getting my photospheres accepted. Not sure what your particular problem is, but here are a couple of suggestions:

My gyroscope is often buggy. When I have Streetview open and am standing to take a photosphere, I'll notice that the app thinks I'm slowly rotating when I'm actually standing completely still. This results in some crazy photospheres. I've found that restarting my phone just before taking the photosphere prevents this issue.

Photospheres taken when holding my phone in what I'll call landscape mode (sideways) seem to stitch better than those created in portrait mode. I take the three main rings first, then do the top and bottom last.

Google doesn't like faces or license plates in photospheres. Try to take your photosphere when the area is unpopulated, or be sure to blur anything objectionable.

Good luck!

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Purptacular-PGO I have a gyroscope problem on my phone as well. I don't know if you've tried this: start the photosphere, move phone to the first position, take the picture (see picture slowly drift away), *without moving phone* exit the photosphere and start a new one so phone is already in the proper position. The second photosphere clicks immediately and stays in position. I don't know if that would work for you, but it's faster than restarting the phone if it does.

• Pirite-PGOPirite-PGO Posts: 36 ✭✭

If you open Street view and click on what you have uploaded it gives you the message google rejected it.

Very interesting..!! I'll try as well..! I feel like taking pics in landscape mode could help.

I have always did the photosphere when i am by myself to avoid people's faces..

Anyway i'll give it a try!