My photo spheres aren't showing up 😢

I've been uploading photo spheres via the Google Maps app since I don't have an Android, but none of them are working. This is my first time doing them, so...is this expected? Does it take a few days for them to show up in Google Maps?

Also, if a photo sphere is created from someone else's account, will my nomination use it? I have a little free library in the queue that's owned by a brand new dentist office. It doesn't show up on street view, but it does show up in one of their photo spheres.

Tagged:

Comments

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's been delays with photospheres syncing to Google Maps from the Google Street View app for around a month now. So long as you did them correctly, then there shouldn't be an issue other than how long it's taking for them to sync.

And yes, if someone else's photosphere is nearby, it'll be visible when reviewing. I actually had an issue with this in my town, as a local Google Guide took a photosphere and didn't check the location when uploading it, and as a result it got placed in the wrong location and was pretty much directly on the location of one of my nominations, so I had to let reviewers know to use the actual Google Street View because the photosphere wasn't accurate.

• Dembonez19-PGODembonez19-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Okay thanks. Wasn't aware of the syncing issue. That's a bummer but good to know!

And yeah, I try to leave Google Maps instructions in my submissions now as well since sooo many of our street view scans are about 10 years old. Photo spheres would be great if not for the delay. Good to know I didn't do anything wrong at least.