Is it abuse if...?

The S2 cell's border of one of the wayspots downtown is roughly 5m to the left. Moving it would only push the wayspot at the door of the building instead of having it on the sidewalk in front of it. However, moving it that small bit would open up new possibilities for another POI in Pokemon GO.

I know we're not only supposed to make decisions around Pokemon GO, but it just seems logical to improve exploration in that game in addition to the others if it doesn't interfere with the legitimacy of an existing wayspot.

For reference:

Obviously, either the town clock or the gym will be for non-POGO players. I haven't released hold on either of them yet since I wanted to ask this first. But is it still considered abuse to request to move that wayspot closer to the entrance in order to open up a free slot for Pokemon GO players? Obviously, I'd never consider this if it interfered with a stop's validity. This is (literally) an edge case.

Comments

• 29andCounting-PGO29andCounting-PGO Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe you’re mistaking me for my sister. I also believe it’s against forum rules to accuse someone of improper conduct.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,119 Ambassador

Niantic will say something along the line of that you shouldn’t take any other factors into consideration besides eligibility/acceptance.

S2 cells only really matter to Pokémon GO, and it’s often we see abuse there just to “nudge something a bit”.

It doesn’t seem to me that there’s much reason to move it besides for Pokémon GO, so I don’t see the move being approved.

• MelodyS88Chi-PGOMelodyS88Chi-PGO Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the current location is not inaccurate, attempting to move it just to get another Pokestop would be abuse. Additionally you have to rely on the majority of voters choosing the new spot and you can not do anything such as misusing a description edit to try to influence reviewers to choose the spot you want. That is a whole other level of abuse and results in justifiable Wayfarer suspensions.

• Cowyn2016-PGOCowyn2016-PGO Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Personally: Waypoints are often large, with multiple legit locations to pin them.

If you can say your point is better/more accurate than the original, even if only marginal, then its not abuse.

If you can say your point is worse then the original, then its clear abuse.

The grey area is If your point is equally valid, its abuse. Though it really shouldn't be other than using review resources, because people when they submit stops should see the Cell lines in POG. That's the game they are submitting with and trying to make POIs for their effort should be rewarded in their game. At least now we can see hidden POIs, to see if its already a duplicate (I wasted a couple good hours nomitating duplicate hidden spots for no reason) but we should be able to see Cell Lines

The thing is, its really a judgement call between "Equally Valid" and "Better Spot" so unless your clearly making it worse, you can usually submit the edit and not face issues.