I got both rejected because “ not visually unique “ and the statue had also “ private house or farm”

Answers

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't see the title, but for the first one the photo looks like you're submitting the flagpole, which isn't eligible. I know it's the statue from your description. Make your photo a close-up of the statue so reviewers don't see the photo and reject without reading. The supporting photo can have the statue with that sign in the background so that reviewers can see it is some kind of business, not a house.

The second is hard to decide what to change. You should post screenshots of the entire submission. (Title, description, location, etc.)

• MargariteDVille-INGMargariteDVille-ING Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree that the first nomination looks like a mass-produced flagpole.

The second one looks photoshopped. Is that a common mass-produced picture there? Is it printer-paper sized, or the side of a building, or what?

• ElseSense-PGOElseSense-PGO Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited March 2022

Abou the first one. Which is the activity of the building behind? Is it like a museum? The statue seems an italian soldier, I guess from WW1. It would only be acceptable if it's not on PRP.

Here Giffard states what is considered private property.

In case the building behind is something related with history, it would be an excellent nomination, and you could nominate both, as they aren't a duplicate in my opinion.

You could also improve the photo by getting closer to it.

The second one is attached to a wall on a private property? As Giffard said, even the wall is considered PRP.

Is it painted or it is just printed? If it's the second case, I don't see it to have much interest.

• sogNinjaman-INGsogNinjaman-ING Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

From looking at your photos it is really hard to give a proper opinion on either. We need to see your full Nomination with both photos and a location, because in both cases the main issue would seem to be - "are these nominations on PRP or not".

• ikonicgodd8-PGOikonicgodd8-PGO Posts: 10 ✭✭

1st photo shouldve been approved.. 2nd one, not too sure ... Would probably been approved if you weren't upgraded.. for some reason, you get snobbish approvers in upgraded nominations