Mulitple rejections - why? Help please

rufoushumming-PGOrufoushumming-PGO Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

This has been rejected

first for emergency access. I proved that wrong. The gates are locked. Have trees behind them. HAve plants growing through them and the photos show clearly no access.

then it was private residence. I proved that wrong. all the documentation including google search etc show it is not private residence.

Then it was rejected with no reason given. Which was frustrating

So I added again. And it was rejected for abuse. Abuse!

Now as it is part of a heritage listing. Has been called out spefically in the heritage listing and in the new planning proposals. It is fully accessible on public footpath. Does not block anything. Is historically and visually interesting. Is not on private property. Is not in a dangerous place. etc etc etc I am confused as to why it gets rejected. I have applied again using the below nomination.

will this also get rejected? Because I do not know any possible reason why? Just any heads up - what am I doing wrong - and what I need to prep for. Thanks

Cheers everyone

Nick

Victorian Gothic Gates - Former entrance to the Vickery Estate

Queens Park NSW

IN QUEUE

2022-04-18

Description

These gates used to lead onto the former Vickery family estate - now a hospital. High signifcance is attributed to the gate build which uses a grand palisade design for the sandstone walling and wrought iron Victorian Gothic design for the gate. The gate is part of the Register of National Estate (002469) listing, The State Heritage Inventory and the gates are a Waverley Heritage Item. The land was first developed around 1840 and these gates for the estate were built in1885.

Bronte Rd before Birrell St, Queens Park NSW 2022, Australia

Supplemental Information

Planning proposal see page 14 (figure 8) for heritage listed gates photo and map as part of the War Memorial Building Heritage group and then see page 20 for further photos describing the gates as heritage listed. https://haveyoursay.waverley.nsw.gov.au/69178/widgets/339015/documents/204064 .... .... .... .... ..... .... .... .... .... ..... United War Memorial Overview of new development talks about the restoration of pedestrian access only via the heritage listed gates https://unitingwaverley.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/waverley_fact_sheet_heritage-2.pdf

Comments

• JillJilyJabadoo-PGOJillJilyJabadoo-PGO Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

For abuse, some people might choose that if they think you are spamming the nomination. I don't personally consider it spamming if you're clearly trying to improve it, but your reviewers may have. If local reviewers are tired of seeing it, after you make this round of changes, either upgrade it or wait a while before resubmitting.

• rufoushumming-PGOrufoushumming-PGO Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JillJilyJabadoo-PGO Thank you. Yes. Had not thought of upgrade. Will do that next time. And if that does not work. I will appeal.

@X0bai-PGO  Thanks for that. I have written them different ways. I tried to get more complicated to keep proving why it made sense. The above is shortened. Will shorten again. I think sometimes trying to be too clever is not a help. The entire facility was named the War Memorial Hospital post World War 1 and is still known as that. However it now caters to aged care services - physiotherapy, psychology, renal etc with buildings near this gate that provide hospice services etc. It provides no surgical or emergancy services. the new build will turn the gates back to pedestrian and re-instate the original Victorian path to Edina House. But I get you. Look at me going too wordy again. Sorry!

• dman41689-PGOdman41689-PGO Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

the title doesn't need to say former estate you can put that in the description