Valid wayspots being rejected for invalid reasons

I want to know why Niantic doesn’t allow for more appeals or better ways to challenge a reviewer. I have had 3 valid wayspots rejected for no valid reason.

If people in this community can’t follow the rules when reviewing wayspots and just want to reject valid nominations, then what’s the point of even trying to make these games better by adding more places for people to gather and explore?!?

Niantic needs to make a better process for appeals and enforce their own rules on reviewing waystops. Below is an excerpt from their response to my email.

April 27, 2022, 06:05 -0700

Hello Trainer,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have implemented several measures within the system to detect and penalize reviewers who do not follow the criteria and guidelines while reviewing Wayspot nominations and edits. This includes, but is not limited to tanking their profile stats, imposing cooldowns on reviewing, suspending their wayfarer privileges, banning their in-game accounts etc. 

Comments

• Sdizzle10-PGOSdizzle10-PGO Posts: 2 ✭✭

@Cowyn2016-PGO: all of my submissions followed the guidelines set forth by Niantic. However, people are using “other rejection criteria” to reject the posts. Which is kind of a cop out and tells me they just want to reject it because they want to reject it. Which is not right.

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Other rejection criteria" is a bit nonspecific, but usually reviewers will use it if they think your nomination doesn't meet the eligibility criteria. Without seeing screenshots of your nominations, we can't really comment on why you might be getting this reasoning. You may be right that your nominations should have been fine. On the other hand, you may have missed something when making your nominations and it might turn out they were correctly rejected. We don't know until we can see them, and until then we can't really help you either way.