Wayfarer 4.8.9 Release Notes

NianticTintino-INGNianticTintino-ING Posts: 1,103 admin
edited June 2022 in Release Notes

Hello Explorers, 

We appreciate your patience while we worked on bringing back some of the features requested. Starting today, you’ll now see: 

• UPGRADE NEXT is back and will work just as it did before the initial 4.8 Release
  • For those of you who had UPGRADE NEXT applied to nominations before the initial 4.8 Release, if you did not use your upgrade between then and now, that Upgrade will be honored on the nomination you had originally applied it to. 
  • You will also now be able to Upgrade IN VOTING nominations

Both of these features will work on nominations that have NOT been flagged for Niantic Review. 

Safe Exploring!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Initial 4.8 Release:

Hi Explorers!

Here’s what’s new in our Wayfarer 4.8 Release! 

• HOLD/RELEASE HOLD: Hope you’ve all been enjoying this feature. We have added more translations and you should now see this feature in all the languages that we currently support. 
  • Manage Upgrades: You can now turn off the automatic application of Upgrades from your Settings page (default setting will be ON). Toggling it on, will automatically apply Upgrades as you earn them (per the previous behavior). Toggling it off will allow you to manually choose which of your nominations to Upgrade, should you have one available. If auto-upgrades are enabled, then it will apply to the oldest nomination. As a reminder, you’re able to hold up to 1000 Upgrades at a time.

Super excited to hear your feedback about this new added feature the Community has been asking for. 

Safe Exploring! 

Post edited by NianticTintino-ING on
Tagged:

Comments

• Jzitam-PGOJzitam-PGO Posts: 59 ✭✭

Thanks!! So far my community is excited about this update and now we can go about exploring knowing that the upgrades will be put to right use.

• PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,127 Ambassador

I’d imagine 95% of Wayfarers will switch this off.

If I go to somewhere new, with no POI, I can save up my Upgrades and do all of those in one go. Fantastic.

• SayAm3n-PGOSayAm3n-PGO Posts: 26 ✭✭

Nice update @NianticTintino-ING but we really need edits management in "contributions" list. I know you work on it but I was expecting it to come in this update. I really hope it comes soon.

• Liediawa-PGOLiediawa-PGO Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

Schön wäre es ja, wenn das Upgrade auch dafür genommen wird wofür es vorgesehen war! Hatte seit 4 Tagen ein Upgrade auf einen Vorschlag vorgemerkt nur um jetzt zu merken, wo dies gerade fertig war, dass dieses auf ein ganz anderes gesetzt wurde. Wie kann das sein? !

• DEMARTIN0-PGODEMARTIN0-PGO Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭

I see the part of not being able to upgrade noms already in voting fixing itself on its own. Over time with the new method people will not allow noms they intend to upgrade enter voting. This means people will be putting a majority of their nominations on hold which will allow the ones in voting to go through quicker. It will take a bit of new strategizing but I see the new strategy benefitting all. People that choose not to participate in reviewing others and complain when theres are in voting for months or even years should have theirs go through quicker since there will be fewer in voting(sorry had to throw this in). And the ones that do upgrade will now not have to worry about having to use noms on ones they are not worried about and instead get to save them for better options.

But i also believe that there shouldve been a grace period for the ones already in voting when the process was changed. If we were aware of this about to take place ahead of time we couldve put them on hold before entering voting but as I noted earlier hopefully noms being put on hold will resolve this issue quicker.

Thats what I meant sorry. They kind of threw us a curveball but I think in about 3 months everyone will adjust and like it better but still do not understand why we can not upgrade if they already hit voting.

• ChristinaRS2610-PGOChristinaRS2610-PGO Posts: 104 ✭✭✭

I have turned off the automatic application of Upgrades, and still need some to earn my next upgrade.

But there are no Upgrade botton for this nomination? The nomination is In voting and have Upgrade Next assigned.

Is it a bug?

How can I give this nomination an Upgrade?

• HankWolfman-PGOHankWolfman-PGO Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • PkmnTrainerJ-INGPkmnTrainerJ-ING Posts: 5,127 Ambassador
    edited May 2022

Posted a blank comment for whatever reason so let’s add to it.

When is it planned that we will be able to see all Contributions (edits and photos too) in Contributions as the emails say. It must be very confusing for any new Wayfarers.

• FellowWayfarer-PGOFellowWayfarer-PGO Posts: 14 ✭✭✭

June feels a ways away at this point, but I'll take that over nothing, I suppose. Here's hoping my Upgrade Next nomination currently stuck in limbo leaves it one way or another before then.

• Himillsy-PGOHimillsy-PGO Posts: 172 ✭✭✭✭

glad to know it will ((should)) happen. and yes, as gendgi said, adding the ablility to withdraw in voting nominations (and appeals) in that update would be WONDERFUL. but maybe that's asking too much.

i do hope the nominations stuck in upgrade next limbo can be fixed before june though.... if not, people will just have to wait or resubmit them.

• FeThorn-INGFeThorn-ING Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Thanks, this is a huge relief. Bit bummed it's going to take that long, but I can wait knowing it's coming in the near-ish future.

• Ochemist-INGOchemist-ING Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see the part of not being able to upgrade noms already in voting fixing itself on its own. Over time with the new method people will not allow noms they intend to upgrade enter voting. This means people will be putting a majority of their nominations on hold which will allow the ones in voting to go through quicker. It will take a bit of new strategizing but I see the new strategy benefitting all.

Hopefully this will all be moot in a month or two, but this simply isn't a viable strategy at all. It might make sense if you never stray far from home, but if you submit in an unfamiliar area, you might have no idea if upgrades will eventually be required or not. I have made several trips where I made a bunch of submissions and I really had no idea what to expect in terms of waiting times. It would have been crazy to have had to put them all on hold; there's no way I'd earn enough upgrades to cover all of them. So I would have had to let them go into voting without any idea if I'd need to upgrade some eventually.